G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Purchasing G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 02:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Purchasing G35

Hello all, this is my first post and I am fairly new to the website although I have checked on various things here from time to time. (This is to say mods feel free to move thread if in wrong position. And to others, yes I know I'm a newbie.)

I am currently in the process of purchasing a 2005 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe, which is close to fully loaded. It has the 6 speed manual transmission. The car has under 45,000 KM's and seems to be in great condition. Infiniti looked it over and has not found any problems with the car that require immediate or near future attention.

I have already made arrangements to purchase the car, it is only a matter of days at this point.

My question for you is what kind of maintenance should I be doing? I want to keep this car in pristine shape and plan to keep it for a number of years. I have heard good things about Zaino products to keep the astetics of the car in good shape but I have relatively no mechanical experience with cars, but I am a quick learner.

Is there any advice for things to look out for as I begin driving the car? What I mean by this is should I be watching how any particular parts perform overtime to make sure they are all in good shape? I want to avoid costly trips to my local Infiniti dealer. In my investigating of G35's I have heard many problems about the 2005 and 2006 burning oil, is this something I should be monitoring closely? I will also be driving this car in the Winter if that makes a difference. (Yes I know its a sin, I don't want to but it will be my only vehicle. I have already arranged for winter tires)

Also is there any relatively cheap (by this I mean minor) mods (engine or astetics) that you would reccomend. I don't want cheap parts, I am planning on keeping this car looking as classy as possible, but I also don't want to break the bank.

Thanks,
Dan