G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

do mods decrease resale value of car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it depends who you sell it too.

if your selling it to some one who was going to mod it out like that anyway then you most likely will get some of your money back out of them

but if your selling them to anyone else, take em out and sell it stock

Old 12-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
I have only installed mods that, I think, improved the car over stock. i.e. Sway bars, better tires/wheels, stealth breathing mods (mrev2 and spacer), clear corner turn signals, HKS axle back muffler etc.

The average person buying this car wouldn't know jack about them and It won't hurt the value at all. The only thing I will change IF I sell it is the intake (NISMO type R). That is the only clue that anything has been done to the motor.

However, I consider this design (First gen Sedan 2005) to be a "classic" design and I plan to keep it for many years to come. I really think the new ones are not as beautiful as the first gens are. They just lost something in the remake, the now look like most other NIPPON sedans/coupes.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:35 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasscout
I have only installed mods that, I think, improved the car over stock. i.e. Sway bars, better tires/wheels, stealth breathing mods (mrev2 and spacer), clear corner turn signals, HKS axle back muffler etc.

The average person buying this car wouldn't know jack about them and It won't hurt the value at all. The only thing I will change IF I sell it is the intake (NISMO type R). That is the only clue that anything has been done to the motor.

However, I consider this design (First gen Sedan 2005) to be a "classic" design and I plan to keep it for many years to come. I really think the new ones are not as beautiful as the first gens are. They just lost something in the remake, the now look like most other NIPPON sedans/coupes.
i agree

Old 12-21-2009, 03:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Out of an abundance of caution, it would bear mentioning...

It would be wise to check with the appropriate authority in your state in regard to disclosure requirements prior to any sale. Some jurisdictions require the seller to disclose any and all changes from, or alterations to, OEM equipment; failure to do so may expose the selling party to considerable liability.

There are some (US) federal rules as well, most relating to emissions control and related systems. The fines in that regard can be staggering... As a general practice, it's usually commercial enterprises that get walloped with the mega-fines, but that doesn't mean an individual can't be held liable.

It's not always "Buyer Beware"... sometimes it's "Seller Beware", too...

Old 12-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quite the opposite. Unless the car is modded heavily as in a Turbo that's different, but majority of people rather a clean mostly stock car.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by ironmike
Out of an abundance of caution, it would bear mentioning...

It would be wise to check with the appropriate authority in your state in regard to disclosure requirements prior to any sale. Some jurisdictions require the seller to disclose any and all changes from, or alterations to, OEM equipment; failure to do so may expose the selling party to considerable liability.

There are some (US) federal rules as well, most relating to emissions control and related systems. The fines in that regard can be staggering... As a general practice, it's usually commercial enterprises that get walloped with the mega-fines, but that doesn't mean an individual can't be held liable.

It's not always "Buyer Beware"... sometimes it's "Seller Beware", too...
Not here.