Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 06:35 PM
Cali Event Coordinator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BASE ACURA TLX NOW WANT A G35 AGAIN THOUGH
Almost got "ARRESTED" by SFPD...

Here's what happened:

I'm the the "HAIGHT ASHBURY" district in SF near my house where all the hippies are drugs tourists etc. are...it's a nice sunday getting ready to meed mom and dad for lunch.
I usually don't even go that route.

I make a right on HAIGHT and this Cabbie is on my bumper for like two blocks! I just cruise along and 2 blocks away the light was green but a car was turning right and I couldn't get around to make a left...cars were coming and people were in the x walk and a cop was coming in my direction...

By now this cabbie is HONKING non-stop for me to GO and I had it at that point and go WHAT and gave him the finger through the sunroof...

Anyways, the cop immediately (maybe he thought I flicked him off) turns on his sirens and pulls "ME" over!
Cop goes - "license, registration, and proof of insurance" -
He's looking at my vin # and notices my cousin is an SFPD Lieutenant I keep his bcard on the dash for something just like this to happen...

Anyways.this guy was SEGT. Bill something older white guy. He's like "do you know why I stopped you?"...I'm like NO...Cop - "section blah blah blah...provoking another motorist to start a fight"...I'm like what? He's the one honking at me when there's no where to go...there's pedestrians x'ing and if I went you would've gotten me for unsafe lane change cause he was coming straight at me!

Hang on...He then goes...the registration says this is an INFINITI G35 why does it say NISSAN SKYLINE 350 GT...I'm like it is an INFINITI do you want me to replace the emblems? He's like just tell DMV to to change the registration they made a mistake...My tinted windows were down and he didn't ask me to pop the hood..CAI and FNT TINT...This is sunday morning 10am.

I'm in the car for a good 10-15minutes...a couple gay guys "thank you" witnessed what happened and went up to the cop and said...Why are you writing this guy a ticket...the taxi was swirviing and honking his horn trying to pass him...another cop on a bike I can hear him goes...SERG why are you giving him a ticket...He didn't do anything wrong...I see him on the cell phone and I'm thinking he's on the phone with my cousin...The cabbie, came back around and went up to the cop and apologized - If you can believe that one!

Finally he goes...Ok instead of putting the cuffs on you and towing your car, just try and be nice to other drivers and treat them the same way you would your parents...I'm like what? OK...I apologized and took off...

That night my cousin calls me and goes..hey what happened?

Anyways - after this my record is still clean for the last 6 years no tix - I have no priors, no warrants, and never been arrested!

I'm 31 but look 20-25. My dad goes he probably thought you were a young punk driving daddy's car but when he checked my license and registration my papers were in order and realized my cousin is an SFPD LT....He probably felt like crap cause had I been arrested, I think I would've won the case in court...

Has this happened to you before?

By the way, I know he's just doing his job but STILL!

BoBs - SF -

Old 08-31-2004, 07:07 PM
Re: Almost got "ARRESTED" by SFPD...

That sucks! Props for those witnesses.

He made you apologize probably because he knew he was wrong but too proud to admit he made a mistake. Anyways you made it home safely.

Old 08-31-2004, 07:14 PM

First off he would not have arrested you for an infraction. Trust me, it would have been a ticket at the most(unless you refused to sign). Second you might want to reconsider putting a PD business card on your dash. Considering where you live and how anti-authority that area is (almost as bad as Berkeley) you might attract some unwanted attention from vandals. Anyway way to escape without having to get any unwanted paper. Watch out for those SF cabbies.

Old 08-31-2004, 11:36 PM

Ha ha funny story! [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img] I'm glad everything worked out for you.

BLKSNAKE - '04 G35 Coupe
Check out my hidden sub! [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 09-01-2004, 02:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you are a bad man bobby!

Old 09-01-2004, 09:50 AM

I gave a "cabbie" the finger once in NYC for cutting me off and he pulled me over... effing undercover cop cars!!

2004.5 Black on Black 6MT, Aero, Premium, Navi (every option offered)
Porkchop Sandwiches

Old 09-01-2004, 10:56 AM
Cali Event Coordinator

It's like, ok the system is working against us...Why should we be harrassed by the "LAW" for doing what right?

It just makes me furious that I was stopped...I understand I was partially at fault but he didn't have to tell me "instead of putting the cuffs on me and towing my car"....that's where I just got really upet!

should've waited for the cop to pass before I flicked him off...

i've actually mellowed out since this incident

bobs - drive safe guys

Old 09-01-2004, 10:56 AM
Cali Event Coordinator

It's like, ok the system is working against us...Why should we be harrassed by the "LAW" for doing what right?

It just makes me furious that I was stopped...I understand I was partially at fault but he didn't have to tell me "instead of putting the cuffs on me and towing my car"....that's where I just got really upet!

should've waited for the cop to pass before I flicked him off...

i've actually mellowed out since this incident

bobs - drive safe guys

Old 09-01-2004, 12:19 PM

Hahahaha..."I'm 31, look 20-25"
Bobby, you gotta stop drinking...lol!!

My car
G354GOD:- Clint, I LOVE your ****.

Old 09-01-2004, 01:04 PM

Sounds like the cabbie was the one breaking the law by tailgating, whereas you were merely exercising "freedom of speech"...

I would have told the cop I was just checking the outside temperature.
(kidding) You did the right thing by not arguing and just getting out of that farce as fast as possible...

Old 09-01-2004, 01:32 PM

i was driving from san diego to irvine once and this crazy lazy with a big *** SUV was 2 inches away from my bumper..and she had no where to go (i was doing 70-75) in the middle lane.....she was on my *** for like 30 secs and still had nowhere to go...and she decided to highbeam me...right when i wanted to give her a finger....there was a cop right in front of me and he saw that..and immediately pulled her over....

i was all like.."she SOOOOooo deserved it"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.