G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!

So I got home from work this evening and discovered something terrible... my G is dead!?!? To begin, I'm in the KC area, and it's freezing ***** right now, so my carport had a sheet of ice on it that my G could not defeat, even with the sandbags in the trunk. I'm not terribly surprised at that, but for that reason I had to get a ride to work today. I figure, no big deal. Turn off the car, lock it up, and head on out.

Well this evening I decided to check it and see if I could move it at all. I go out there, get close to it and am trying to unlock it, not realizing at first that it isn't responding at all. I get to the door and am now aware that there is no response at all to my unlock attempts, so I manually unlock and get it in. Of course, I turn the key and nothing happens. Not an attempt to turn over, absolutely no response at all. Not cool. Then I hear a noise, like a hum or a buzz of some sort coming from the engine block. I pop the hood and get out and open it to look at it and see where exactly it's coming from. This is where I need some help if any can be provided. The noise is coming from the corner nearest the driver's side door, and I'm no expert at all so I'm at a bit of a loss. Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance and apologies for the long-winded story before the payoff...

Old 02-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
Your battery is most likely dead.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by TwilightBlue
Your battery is most likely dead.
That's a good place to start, batterys don't like freezing azz cold weather....
Gary

Old 02-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the responses... that's what I was thinking it might likely be, just wasn't sure why it was humming and all that

Old 02-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by KU Kitch
Thanks for the responses... that's what I was thinking it might likely be, just wasn't sure why it was humming and all that
When you heard the humming was the key in the ignition half way turned (not sure what that position is called)? If so that sound is normal.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by tragedycat
When you heard the humming was the key in the ignition half way turned (not sure what that position is called)? If so that sound is normal.
Oh no, I was out of the car with it locked and the hood popped. Key in or out, turning or any movement had no effect on the car or the humming

Old 02-13-2010, 12:42 PM
So I figured I'd bump this a bit and see what people thought. Both the guy at Autozone and the service guys at the dealer thought it could be related to the ABS module. Once the cables get on the battery, the noise starts and perhaps the brake system is running or something... Of course every time I jumped it and got going, the noise kicked in, but when they jumped it at the dealer it didn't start in at all and the warning lights (ABS, Slip, etc) shut off when he goosed it around the corner on accident since he wasn't used to driving a stick. Anyway, do people have any thoughts on that, or insight into hearing about such an issue? I thought I'd seen people mentioning ABS-related things when I googled it, but I thought I'd mention it specifically and see if it's a known-type deal

Old 02-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Definately a good thing to check on the battery. Maybe attach a charger and see if that gets you anywhere. Has the car been throwing any codes.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:50 PM
battery

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.