G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Some punk broke off my license plate adapter!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2004 | 10:45 AM
|
G SQUAD
Some punk broke off my license plate adapter!!

GDI.. why can't people respect other people's property??? I was walking to my car when I saw that my front license plate was missing. As I got closer to my car, I saw my license plate on the floor, with the screw that connects to the tow hook adapter snapped. I was PO'ed as it was right there, but then I check my driver's side fender.. and there's a violation ticket!!! I read it.. NO FRONT LICENSE PLATE.. now wtf is that?? They didn't see that someone snapped off my license plate and left it on the ground?? I mean, who's to say the cop didn't break it off and wrote me a ticket? I don't know, I am so upset.. can't believe this happened.. and I've only had the car for a month...

Should I be pleading not guilty or just pay the $65 fine? Also, does anyone know the size of the screw that connects the license plate holder to the tow hook adapter? Thanks guys.. I'm gonna go punch a wall now.

John

Picked up: 08/14/04
'04.5 DG Coupe 6mt (Premium Pkg. / Navi)
Front license plate adapter
Huper Optik (Ceramic 40) / Clearbra / Hardwired V1 / Phatbox

Old 09-09-2004 | 11:13 AM
Re: Some punk broke off my license plate adapter!!

Geezus, that sucks bigtime.

I'd say the cop did it.

1. What are the chances of someone with that much *****/hate/stupidity knock off your front plate.

2. What are the chances of a cop rolling his fat butt by and seeing that you don't have front plates and writing you up with a doughnut eating grin on his face.

3. What are the chances of both happening?

Chances of #1 happening, probable.
Chances of #2 happening, probable.
Chances of #3 happening, i think doughnut monster knocked it off and wrote you up. Plain and simple.

| 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Premium Pkg | Aero Pkg | Navigation | SKYLINE+GT350 emblems | Clear Corners | 35% & 50% Tints |

Old 09-09-2004 | 01:08 PM
|
G SQUAD

Yeah, sometimes life's a biotch. Anyways, I think I'm gonna fight this ticket. I took a few pics of the broken adapter, although I wasn't in the same spot it happened.

Does anyone know the size of the screw?

John

Old 09-09-2004 | 02:14 PM

i would have called the police and gotten a report for the damage. With a police report, i think you could def beat the ticket. You may still be able to get a report for it.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, limo tint, Phatbox 40g mp3 player

Old 09-09-2004 | 02:28 PM
|
G SQUAD

So should I go to the police station after work and tell them what happened? I get this weird feeling they're gonna laugh at me.

John

Old 09-09-2004 | 03:54 PM
DJM

I would give them h@ll. I mean, its bad enough you have to have a front license plate on a gorgeous car let alone get a ticket for not having one when yours is laying on the ground broken. I would explain to them the situation.

I picked up my 04 DG/G 6MT on 7-28-04 and made sure with a phone call before the dealer received it that they would not drill any holes for the front license plate. Im in SoCal and so far have gotten away with not having one. Im never gonna drill holes in my bumper,......NEVER!!!!

Old 09-09-2004 | 04:07 PM
|
G SQUAD

I think I'm gonna go visit the local precinct after work. What harm can it do right? Are there any lawyers in here? lol

John

Old 09-09-2004 | 09:38 PM

Reminds of the time I went out to the front of my house one morning and found my car resting on milk crates in stead of my stock rims. The kicker...next day I get a ticket for working on my car in the street! So I call up the police department and file a formal complaint because they didn't bother to check their records that I reported the rims stolen earlier. I told them if they would have shown a presence in our neighborhood in the first place then they wouldn't have had to write a ticket for stolen rims! So they reversed the ticket.

By the way, maybe a car in front of you hit the front of your car and knocked of the plate off?

Old 09-10-2004 | 10:08 AM
|
G SQUAD

Well, it's a very unlikely possibility that someone backed into me as there were no parking spots directly in front or back of me. I wonder if it was one of those Mexican landscapers...

John

Old 09-10-2004 | 12:47 PM

"I wonder if it was one of those Mexican landscapers..."

Hey dude, don't be hating, that's a bad comment

-------------------------------------------
2004 6MT DG/G Coupe | Premium | Aero Kit | ClearBra | See profile for pix

Old 09-10-2004 | 01:02 PM
|
G SQUAD

My apologies if it offended anyone, but they were staring me down when I got to my car that day. There were two guys passing by and started staring as they went into the yard of the building that I parked in front of. I'm sure you would've been suspicious as well. Those were the only guys around early in the morning as I was..

John

Old 09-10-2004 | 05:32 PM

Yeah, the cop is going to risk losing his job comitting a vandalism just to write you a ticket. Brilliant deduction. You should have asked the gardeners if they saw the cop break off your plate and write you a ticket. Just check your license plate for fingerprints in jelly, then you could nail the cop.

The chances that someone in NY comitted a hit and run on your *** ----Umm I don't know 99%.

F.Y.A.