G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Need Picture of a Properly Installed Weapon R Catch Can

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Picture of a Properly Installed Weapon R Catch Can

I've seen pictures of people using the Weapon R can and connecting it to the driver side instead of the passenger side.

Does anybody have pics of it connected to the passenger side?

Old 03-16-2010, 06:49 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Weapon R products are poorly made and look like ****. Buy a Greddy or NRG and you'll be happier with the can. Mounting on the passenger side doesn't make sense because you have to route the hoses to the left side of the engine.

A lot of us have shaved the tab on top of the rediator fan shroud and placed the can there. Not my car but you get the idea.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Hey Blue Dream, you forgot to polish the airconditioner lines on the drivers side, they'd love some attention....
Gary

Old 03-16-2010, 11:42 AM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
damn you got told!

Old 03-16-2010, 11:52 AM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
^ not his car....

Old 03-16-2010, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Not my car but you get the idea.

Originally Posted by gary c
Hey Blue Dream, you forgot to polish the airconditioner lines on the drivers side, they'd love some attention....
Gary
Originally Posted by Jackus
damn you got told!

At least someone reads these posts.

Thx davidxu

Old 03-16-2010, 12:42 PM
Ok - I'll go with NRG - but I would want to put it behind the PS res. I'd rather not disconnect the ram air. Any idea what hoses those are and where I could get them?

Old 03-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I installed the NRG can last week as well as a coolant reservoir. I posted a DIY on a local board I'm on:

http://www.niclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=1659

Old 03-16-2010, 02:29 PM
See, but that's a lot of work. I don't want to move anything. Just want to place it behind that PS tank open space. Looks like it should fit there.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:57 PM
I have a coupe and there was no way the can would fit behind the ps reservoir without removing/relocating the hood-latched switch and cutting the bracket that holds it and the ps reservoir. I would have possibly also had to drill holes in the body to mount which,to me personally,wasn't an option.

No matter what you decide you will need to fab a bracket,the NRG doesn't drop into place and boltup. The way I installed needs no drilling in the body at all. It does result in the removal of the washer fluid filler tube but I'm working on cutting off the top and bottom of the oem tube and adding hose inbetween. My idea is to have the inlet left of where I mounted the catch-can.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by MyG'n'Me
I have a coupe and there was no way the can would fit behind the ps reservoir without removing/relocating the hood-latched switch and cutting the bracket that holds it and the ps reservoir. I would have possibly also had to drill holes in the body to mount which,to me personally,wasn't an option.

No matter what you decide you will need to fab a bracket,the NRG doesn't drop into place and boltup. The way I installed needs no drilling in the body at all. It does result in the removal of the washer fluid filler tube but I'm working on cutting off the top and bottom of the oem tube and adding hose inbetween. My idea is to have the inlet left of where I mounted the catch-can.
hmmmm hood latch? i have an aftermarket hood...wonder if that makes any difference.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:46 PM

Not hood latch per se, but the hood sensor on the passenger side of the engine bay. Also I know on a sedan, you have to drop the bumper and remove the headlight if you want to mount it to the side of the bay between the coolant overflow tank and the PS reservoir.

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about. This is not my car but a good illustration.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by The.Rockst*r
Ok - I'll go with NRG - but I would want to put it behind the PS res. I'd rather not disconnect the ram air. Any idea what hoses those are and where I could get them?
You'll definately want different hose than what NRG supplies with the can,after being on my car for less than 2 weeks it's collapsed to the point that the i/d is half of what it was.

Vibrant Performance has a pretty good silicone hose kit with a variety of hose diameters. The kit costs $43.68 CAD,tax in. I just picked up a blue hose kit this afternoon and am going to throw some on tonight,I'll post pics later. The part# for the kit is 2104(Black). Add a B,R or Y to the end of the part# if you want Blue,Red or Yellow hoses.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:50 PM
To answer the original question... I'll send you a pic of where I ended up putting my weapon-r catch can...

here's a hint: it's alongside of several garbage bags and other trash... yup, I tossed it. They're complete garbage.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:13 PM
willing to this mod soon to my car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need Picture of a Properly Installed Weapon R Catch Can