G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

LMAO At dealer......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 10:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: LMAO At dealer......

Is it me ! But I think it is a pain in the A$$ to get an accurate oil level reading

Old 09-14-2004, 11:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh yeah....
The engineer who designed the dip stick....should be soundly flogged!!!

"I like you.....You remind me of myself when I was young and foolish"

Old 09-14-2004, 12:54 PM
G SQUAD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aitn that the truth. Checking the oil is a friggin chore and as if it wasn't enough to get teh dam thing back in you hae to do it 4 or 5 times to get a good reading...

Old 09-14-2004, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gforce-
What was your break-in procedure? Did you do the "soft" break-in or the "hard" break-in. By soft I mean by the manual and by hard I mean driving the poop out of it to seat the rings (at least that's the theory behind it).

GM experienced a slew of engine consumption issues with a whole series of engines due to a change in oil control ring materials.

Old 09-14-2004, 01:43 PM

I thought I was the only one who thought it was difficult at the very least to get an accurate oil reading. I've never stuck a dipstick in and had the WHOLE LENGTH be drenched in oil... What the hell is that about??? HORRIBLE design.

2004.5 Black on Black 6MT, Aero, Premium, Navi (every option offered)
Porkchop Sandwiches

Old 09-14-2004, 02:06 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nick that sucks!! Go to competition they are great!! Set up an appointment with this woman Lauren, shes very young and cool, she helps me out alot..

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
0-60 5.4 - 1/4 Mile 14.16 *GTech* and on 19's!!

Old 09-14-2004, 02:43 PM
G SQUAD

Wow GforceI, I'm sorry to hear what has happened to you. Who have you been talking to.. the girl? Because she doesn't know jack, and she tries to rip people off. Have you talked to Steve or Frank? Even Charlie. When I fully inspected my car at pickup, there was a small dent in the front bumper, and when I brought the car back for them to fix it, I put a nice 2 inch scratch on the front bumper already, going right through the clear coat and messing up the paint. They took care of it, no problem. If you go there again, have Darren look at your car. I believe he is a master tech. He should know a thing or two.

John

Picked up: 08/14/04
'04.5 DG Coupe 6mt (Premium Pkg. / Navi)
Front license plate adapter
Huper Optik (Ceramic 40) / Clearbra / Hardwired V1 / Phatbox

Old 09-14-2004, 02:47 PM

I had the same problem with Acura. They found out that the reason for the oil loss was the rings were not set correctly. That was causing oil to blow by. They covered it under warranty but gave me a hard time saying that I must have raced the car. Of coarse I told them they were full of it, and they replied by asking why I had an intake installed on the vehicle. Itold them to imprve gas mileage beacuse I drive multiple states for my job. Anyways it cost the dealer about $3000.00 and they had my car for 1 1/2 weeks. The only thing they screwed me on was after the rebuild they told me there was possible scaring on the cylinder walls and that this might happen again. Sold the car 2 months later. Hope this helps.

Old 09-14-2004, 04:24 PM
G SQUAD

I broke it in by the manual nice and easy. I even put a little extra mileage on it casue I had a lot of highway miles on there for the breakin.

I think I'm gonna go to Compeition next. I didn't have a plesant sales experiance there but maybe the service will make up for it.

I delt with Steve there. He's a nice guy and all but He was the one that told me that the oil was normal. I'm not even gonna get into it with Massapequa if they don't adress the problem I will take it to Smithtown. The service at Massapequa has been good about 20% of the time but I keep getting sucked back to have them fix things that weren't fixed right the first time or are ongoing issues.

I spoke to steve today when he told me the car wouldn't be ready till tomorrow. I asked if they got to the oil problem yet and he said that it hadn't been diagnosed yet. So it's still up in the air.

The Saga Continues........

Old 09-14-2004, 05:24 PM
G SQUAD

I've dealt with him in the past and he doesn't seem like he knows what he's talking about sometimes. I suggest you go talk with a technician, preferably Darren. He's the only tech that's allowed to work on my car.

John

Old 09-14-2004, 05:29 PM
G SQUAD

Thanx I'll look into doing that. Yeah I didn't think that he knew what he was talking about, Obviously.

Old 09-15-2004, 05:06 PM
G SQUAD

Well this is where it's at.

The service manager told me to get the engine fluushed and an oil change to determine if it's is losing oil. At $160 I declined. He procedded to tell me today that this kind of consumption is normal and I didn't get into it with him cause I already have an appointment at another dealer. If they try to feed me the same BS I'll take it to corporate.

This should be a fun battle. If only I could type the word dealer and not have to type the word battle in the same sentence all the time! It's just plain annoying!!!

Old 09-15-2004, 05:27 PM

I hear what you're saying! Atlantic is the same way! All this time, I thought I was going to have a great experience...buying my first new car, an Infiniti at that....I was really hoping for something hassel free! I am looking forward to switching to Competition after Atlantic fixes their mistakes!

Old 09-15-2004, 05:36 PM
G SQUAD

Hm... I'm sorry they weren't able to help you further. You spoke to Frank I'm assuming? I'm pretty surprised that they wouldn't go out of their way as they did for me. I hope you have better luck at Competition. Next time I go to Massapequa I'll bring this up and see what they say..

John

Old 09-16-2004, 08:07 AM
G SQUAD

You know what I didn't really get into it with Frank. He keeps saying that these engines are designed to burn oil and if Massapequa was my last resort I would have got into it with him but I'm fed up with them so I took the car and left. I mean come on a quart of oil thousand is a little much but not according to him. Too Funny.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.