G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Damage to right lower piece under passenger door

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 03:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damage to right lower piece under passenger door

To make a long story short, yesterday I was at school (the parking lot at my campus is HORRIFIC) and a very stupid girl was driving a humongous F-series Ford...she was practically on my side of the parking lot as she was waiting for another car to leave so she could park. I went around her, which gave me very little room on my end (and yes I know I shouldn't have done that, and I normally wouldn't have but I was late and this professor literally locks the door if you're late). When I went to make the right out of the parking lot, I scraped the lower piece under my passenger side door on the curb...it hurt so much to hear that.

When I parked I noticed that the damage actually wasn't that bad...I definitely notice it but most people wouldn't...amazingly the piece stayed the same color as my car (LR). However, this is going to bother me. I'm just wondering if you guys think I would need a new piece or could I possibly get this one buffed out/repainted. It looks a little out of place, but I think I could align it back the way it should, I'm pretty sure whatever holds in in just popped out a little. Also, there's some scraping on it but again, it's still the color of the car.

Sorry I can't show you a picture, my friend has my camera cause she's in England...but here's a picture of the piece I'm talking about:

Thanks if you can help at all, or if you've possibly had a similar problem.

Matt

Old 03-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
i think the piece you're referring to is commonly called a side skirt

Attached Thumbnails Damage to right lower piece under passenger door-mudguard.jpg  

Last edited by bigc; 03-24-2010 at 03:33 PM.