G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Your HELP will be APPRECIATED! Please Review plans

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your HELP will be APPRECIATED! Please Review plans

Hi guys, I've gone throuhg the search feature (somewhat extensively) for the past few days... researched everything from the less expensive mods to the clear corners

I have derived my decision on modificiation... however due to my inexperience I still have doubts as to whether or not this is a smart spending of my money (money is on budget for me and I dont' want wasteful spending)....

1. Clear Corner
2. PIAA Xtreme Whites (for the strip and the clear corner)
3. Ztube/Popcharger combo
4. Crawford V5 Plenum
5. G2 Caliper Paint

I'm getting all these items from Crawfordz, everythingg35, and autobacs (in STanton)

My questions are as follows: I'm getting the Ztube/PC and Clear Corners at Everythingg35, is that the best place for purchase as far as value is concerned? (is there a website I am not aware of?)

My next question is... will these 3 mods have any ADDITIONAL mods that will work in conjunction with them that will increase the car that much more? I just want to make sure that there are no ACCOMODATING parts =) (of course there would be other purchases that will work, but the accomodation I am speaking of is like how the ECU opens up w/ the HEADERS for even GREATER gains)...

REgarding the G2 caliper paint, is this the PREMIERE caliper paint? Or would it be just as good to go tp PEP BOYS and get their brand of caliper paint? (I don't really want to deal w/ shipping unless I have to)--will the caliper paint be subject to corrosion over time? I've seen this in some caliper paintjobs

And my final question is... will an ECU reset or anything regarding an upgrade in a the ECU be required? I'm still not familiar w/ the concept of the whole ECU calibration and whatnot

Thanks in advance for reading this far and for the help

Old 09-15-2004, 09:29 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Please Review my MOD plans for a STOCK G35

Did you try performance nissan in Duarte, CA they sell the z-tube cheap or at least they did. Go to pepboys for the brake caliper paint it's all the same after a while it will get dirty anyways. Where are you at anyways? The rest of the mods can picked up at any local mod shops no need to ship.

<font color=blue>04 CB COUPE / WILLOW / PREM PACK</font color=blue>

Old 09-15-2004, 09:57 PM
In Search of Magic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont go to autobacs they are too expensive. You can order almost every one of those parts cheaper through here .

-----------------------------------------------------------------
03 CB Coupe 6MT

Old 09-16-2004, 12:25 AM

Thanks for the advice guys... Glennp , I"m in SOCAL, Long Beach area...

And Rob, I'll check out that website right now =)

If I can pick up things locally and have them immediately I would love to do that, I will check out the Nissan dealerships =)

Old 09-16-2004, 12:37 AM
Re: Your HELP will be APPRECIATED! Please Review plans

wasteful spending?

If your looking for best bang for the buck, I'd say they lights, clear corners, popcharger and caliper paint is wasteful. But Z-tube and crawford plenum are must items. Just keep the stock air box, replace the filter with a K&N drop-in, and remove the lower resonator

In addition to those, I think sway bars are also a must have.

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT/Black/Graphite/15% tint/6 wire GroundingGear™

Old 09-16-2004, 01:13 AM

Hey canton!

I was always under teh assumption that a popcharger is a great compliment to the Ztube... altho I hear that K&N drop in is also a good compliment... does the popcharger really not do much for the car? I'm just curious as to why you said what you said =) solely from a newbie standpoint I'm confused!... I'll take a look at the sway bars

Thanks

Old 09-16-2004, 01:33 AM

well the popcharger heatshield is flawed. If you look at one that's installed you'll see that half of the filter is open to the hot air in the engine compartment. And I'm pretty sure you'd get the same performance increase by just going with the z-tube/K&N drop-in as you would with the z-tube/popcharger. Now if you modified the popcharger heatshield to completely seperate it from the hot air, it might be a different story.

put the $100+ you save, by not going with the popcharger and put it towards sways. I've got Nismo sways and I love them. you can really notice a difference especially if your able to go for a ride in a G with sways and without sways. The Nismo ones are a bit pricey. So you might want to check out hotchkis or 350evo. I've heard great things about those too.

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT/Black/Graphite/15% tint/6 wire GroundingGear™

Old 09-16-2004, 02:55 AM

Thanks Canton I heard that same thing... except w/ teh p/c you get the nice whirling sound =)

the 100 I save can definitely go towarsd the plenum/sway bars =) Altho the difference you feel w/ the sway bars isn't a speed difference it's more of a handling difference right? It helps with cornering?

Old 09-16-2004, 04:21 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just got my Hotchkis sways Monday, I give it a A. Definite improvement in cornering stability and balance. Must Have!

Installed the Z-Tube today, I give it a B. Sounds better at WOT, but I don't really feel much power increase.

I have had the K&N on my car for a year now. I give it a C+/B-. I don't detect any increase in power. The car whistles at higher rpms. I suppose the K&N sticker on my intake is worth 3 hp.

CPV35 G35C Maliblue

Old 09-16-2004, 06:09 AM

dennis_said,

If you go out and buy a K&N pannel filter and send it to me I'll gladly send you my barely used JWT P/C. Heck I'll even clean and re-oil it for you so it will be good as new. Give me an IM if you're interested.

Old 09-16-2004, 10:58 AM

Hey neffster, that sounds great, let me go ahead and do that now