G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

hey guys, 3 more months

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here you go, perfect first car.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/1724888149.html

But I still think 16 yr olds shouldn't be allowed to have their own cars. My parents allowed me to drive their cars all the time no questions asked. If your rents are willing to buy you a car for so much, I'm sure they'd let you drive theirs anytime anywhere. You've been getting to your school for 2 years, why the hell do you need a car all of a sudden? Stfu for 2 years till you turn 18 and graduate from HS.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a sense that alot of your are jealous that you couldn't do this at 16... lol. I admit, this may be too much car for his first car. But I also feel like his parents should be researching what he's buying, too (maybe they have?) and make him take driving safety courses and defensive driving courses ON TOP of his driving test. You sound responsible, and you probably are. Just resist the urge to show off if you don't know what you're doing. You don't wanna ruin your car you just spent big $$ on, because then you'll have nothing. But I give you props.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:50 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
lol, these g35's are not "fast as ****".... anyways. .

You think you got 10k.... great, 2k goes to maintenance. Now you're left with 8k to spend on a car. So if your parents are going to help, take it. Alright. There is nothing wrong with getting a little help from your parents. They're going to pay for insurance anyways - which in years time will exceed the cost of the car. So might as well have them help you out and get a car without headaches. Cause in turn, you'll be saving them money from the maintenance you'll be spending on the cheaper car.

Don't come on here and talk like your hot shxt, and say you've earned the car. That's how your coming off as. You cannot fully own up to the responsibilities of owning a car. Sure you're doing a little. But who carries the responsibility for when you fxck up. You're 16 and your parents are liable for EVERYTHING you do. So if you care about them, get a car that you can see yourself NEVER messing up in.

If it has to be a G35, get a sedan. Insurance will be cheaper and that extra T-column will protect you.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by G35,6MT
2. yes, window motors, some oil consumtion not like the rev ups though, radios tend to go bad, but the DD kit is a easy and cheap fix, some computer problems etc.
I think you're totally underestimating maintenance costs. Are you planning on running dino oil through it from the local Jiffy Lube? Who's going to pay for that 3-4 times a year? Are you going to run synthetic? If you do, it costs more, and you shouldn't go back to dino once you switch. Your car will likely need the transmission fluid and diff fluids changed too. That's $200 minimum. And the brake fluid flush they recommend at 60K? The coolant flush? Brake pads, rotors? My car has close to 60K on it, and I've either done, or will soon be doing, all of these repairs. I'm doing them myself and it's still not cheap. If you blow the entire $10K on the car, how will you pay for these things? Regular maintenance is the single most important thing in keeping a car running for a long time, and it's probably the most overlooked.

And a DD kit is neither easy nor cheap. The kit itself might be cheap, but the new HU isn't, and you'll have to get a new amp at a minimum if your car has the Bose setup.

4.i understand that and get criticized on this forumn alot cause of that topic, im a straght 3.0 + student and have honors and pre ap, im looking to actually have a future in life, so im on the ball when it comes to driving safe.
Wow, a straight B student. No offense, but that's not that great for high school. I suggest you work on your grades and get your GPA up a bit by working a little harder at it. Your classes are only going to get tougher, and learning how to be a good student is the most valuable skill you can have going into college. I'm not being a smart-*** with this comment. Take it from someone who struggled early on in college because I wasn't a good student. I was plenty smart (1500+ SAT, 31 ACT, 3.9 GPA), but that doesn't mean squat in college if you don't put the work in.

And again, no offense, but you're not "on the ball" with safe driving. It's not a knock on you personally. Biologically, 16 year olds don't have the mental development to be safe drivers. Your brain is not fully grown yet, and it can't assimilate all the inputs when the proverbial **** hits the fan. You can be safe under normal driving conditions, but when things get hairy, young drivers like you simply aren't as good at perceiving the problem and recovering from it as an older driver. And having 280 HP on tap can put you in a bad situation alot faster than a slower car can. This is not just my opinion, but a scientific fact. You might be the best 16 year old driver out there, but that doesn't make you a safe driver.

I suggest you have your parents find out how much insurance will cost before you buy. I'm a very safe driver, over 25, with no claims, accidents, or tickets in over 6 years, and with full coverage I'd be paying about $120 a month. I pay a little more because I have very high coverages ($1M+), and I suggest they get full coverage, not just collision. You wreck it with liability only, and you're out thousands of dollars.

id be looking for a single owner hopefully elderly 30+
Gulp! 30+ is elderly? I'd refrain from saying things like that around here. You'll either offend alot of people, or make some of them start crying.

Get the car you want, but try to remember the things said here to you. We do have significantly more experience with cars, with a G35, and with life in general than any 16 year old. Some day you'll understand, but until then, try to be safe so there is a some day.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trust me at 16, if you are into cars you are going to do some downright STUPID ****, I tell you this from personal experience.

I'm 22 I just bought a G35 coupe it's my 4th car and it's the first non-Honda I've had. Do yourself a favor, take 3 grand, buy a decent beater car. For 3G's you can get an old swapped civic, that'll be a fun car that isn't a big deal if you wreck, cause you will wreck it eventually. In the meantime take what other money you have left and invest it in something secure and continue to save.

Drive the ****ty car around for a year or 2 until you are a decently aware and mature driver. When you turn 18, take whatever money you have been saving and use it as a down payment on a nice G or whatever you want by then and finance the rest with your parents Cosigning.

That way you will get what you want, you won't wreck a pretty G and you will have a great start at building credit right out of the gate.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:28 AM
^^^^ I SECOND THAT and Im 17 and i got a g.... drove a volvo 850 wagon for my first year of driving, learning to drive with a slow car is ideal b/c once you get a "fast" car your skills will already be narrowed (turning, braking ect. in intense situations you will put yourself in) and you will be able to use the power wisely/safely. Me and a friend took a beater car(89 corrolla) out and went crazy with it, we passed an evo going 90mph in it and eventually spun out and crashed. im not sayin your going to crash cause you probably wont but im saying that a true vehicle enthusiast like myself would have fun with ANY car and its best to obtain skills b4 the power comes in (racing isnt about power imo its about the driver). Idk if u race or just like cars but thats my two cents. Lol idk y i just wrote all that b/c i KNOW if u have the money ur gonna get the G, cause thats GUAREENTEED what i would have done at the time.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mpsbayarea6MT
^^^^ I SECOND THAT and Im 17 and i got a g.... drove a volvo 850 wagon for my first year of driving, learning to drive with a slow car is ideal b/c once you get a "fast" car your skills will already be narrowed (turning, braking ect. in intense situations you will put yourself in) and you will be able to use the power wisely/safely. Me and a friend took a beater car(89 corrolla) out and went crazy with it, we passed an evo going 90mph in it and eventually spun out and crashed. im not sayin your going to crash cause you probably wont but im saying that a true vehicle enthusiast like myself would have fun with ANY car and its best to obtain skills b4 the power comes in (racing isnt about power imo its about the driver). Idk if u race or just like cars but thats my two cents. Lol idk y i just wrote all that b/c i KNOW if u have the money ur gonna get the G, cause thats GUAREENTEED what i would have done at the time.
You're still wayyy too young to be driving a fast and expensive car, the above bolded part is exactly the reason you shouldn't be behind a G35. You don't go from immature to einstein from 16 to 17 in one year. Kids under 20 should not be driving high-end vehicles IMO.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Night Ryda
You're still wayyy too young to be driving a fast and expensive car, the above bolded part is exactly the reason you shouldn't be behind a G35. You don't go from immature to einstein from 16 to 17 in one year. Kids under 20 should not be driving high-end vehicles IMO.
soooo true bro and when youre 20 like me driving home after a good 8 beers being in a "cop friendly" car isnt a good idea hahahaha us dudes from chicago know...dont question us. get a practical car and save to get a g thats 20k cause a g for 10k is garbage and unreal. idk of anyyyy G for 10k

Old 05-06-2010, 04:23 AM
Here you go, perfect first car.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/1724888149.html

But I still think 16 yr olds shouldn't be allowed to have their own cars. My parents allowed me to drive their cars all the time no questions asked. If your rents are willing to buy you a car for so much, I'm sure they'd let you drive theirs anytime anywhere. You've been getting to your school for 2 years, why the hell do you need a car all of a sudden? Stfu for 2 years till you turn 18 and graduate from HS.
It's definitely a freedom thing. You get your DL and it's a huge responsibility/freedom step in becoming more of an adult. I was definitely excited for when I turned 16. Although for me, it was a lot different than most people, I bought my first car right before my 15th birthday (great deal on a 98 Mustang GT). And where I'm from, you could drive to school and work when you were 15.

Just don't be dumb when you buy the car, understand what you're getting yourself into.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:37 AM
I understand where your coming from but i am an exception as there always is. I KNOW i am a exellent driver and no one can tell me other wise. To be completely honest, i wish i had waited to get my g because at 17 it is ALOT to handle. Im always paranoid about it(the clutch, curbing my 4 inch rear lip which i have yet to do) and take way too much care of it, id rather have a 5.0 mustang i can work on and mess around with worry free, instead of having an expensive car to install parts on which i did anyway. I would never trade now tho cause i already have it and LOVE it lol

Old 05-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Im 18 and have had a job for two years to help pay for my car and mods. I pay my father back every month and its my responsibility to manage my money to pay him on time or i loose my car.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mpsbayarea6MT
I understand where your coming from but i am an exception as there always is. I KNOW i am a exellent driver and no one can tell me other wise. To be completely honest, i wish i had waited to get my g because at 17 it is ALOT to handle. Im always paranoid about it(the clutch, curbing my 4 inch rear lip which i have yet to do) and take way too much care of it, id rather have a 5.0 mustang i can work on and mess around with worry free, instead of having an expensive car to install parts on which i did anyway. I would never trade now tho cause i already have it and LOVE it lol
If you know you are an excellent driver, why are you paranoid about clutch, and curbs? Because you are an average teen driver, and thats not a bad thing. Im a great driver, but there are still lots for me to learn and that only time will teach me. As for my age, im 21 and yes I do own a G. BTW im worried about things like other drivers, not my clutch. Everyone still has room to improve, and it only make logical sense that somebody with less experience, younger, is going to make more mistakes. The way i think of it is, its better to crash a 150hp 3000$ car, then to crash a 300hp 15000$ car. Better for you and your wallet.
OP I realize in the end your going to buy what you want, so all i can say is good luck.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:38 PM
no! I AM THE BEST MOST AWESOME DRIVER EVER! which my friend seems to doubt. Which is why we're gonna race tonight on the mountain tops. You know, prove whos the best. HE says my G35 is slower than his ricer, but I'll prove him wrong... IMA INITIAL D that bztchh.

ya... High school..

Old 05-06-2010, 04:46 PM
IN all seriousnes.. The only person I know EVER to deserve a 300HP car, at 17; was my buddy when he got a brand new 05 M3. Who ended High SChool with a 4.8GPA BEst SAT score I've ever seen. Got into Pre-med. Safest teenage driver in the world. Took many many driver safety classes. I've never seen anyone pass the driving test without a single error, until him. Its been 5 years and he hasn't had a single accident. He definitely 'without a doubt' deserved that car.

So your 3.whateva GPA doesn't prove that your "a smarter driver." And you defintely do not sound mature enough to own anything with more than 200HP. Cause you think "awesome" grades and saving your birthday money correlate with your ability to drive.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by JUM3
IN all seriousnes.. The only person I know EVER to deserve a 300HP car, at 17; was my buddy when he got a brand new 05 M3. Who ended High SChool with a 4.8GPA BEst SAT score I've ever seen. Got into Pre-med. Safest teenage driver in the world. Took many many driver safety classes. I've never seen anyone pass the driving test without a single error, until him. Its been 5 years and he hasn't had a single accident. He definitely 'without a doubt' deserved that car.

So your 3.whateva GPA doesn't prove that your "a smarter driver." And you defintely do not sound mature enough to own anything with more than 200HP. Cause you think "awesome" grades and saving your birthday money correlate with your ability to drive.
dude chill out, i mentioned my gpafor the insurance discount, you guys keep ******* how insurance is so much, the car isnt gonna be under my name if its gonna be a coupe,

and to the guy that said to raise my gpa, i believe i should also, my unweigted is like 3.3 now, and weighted high 3's, thats good, but i agree not good enough, im in honors and ap, so classes aren't easy, and those grades are good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: hey guys, 3 more months