G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Got tint ticket in Miami. What to do??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I'm only asking to see what options I have and to see what others have done in the same situation. I can pay it, but then I get 3 points I think. Is one of those traffic ticket clinics an option in this case?

I want to know what options I have. I never bitched about it like some of you say. It was very unlucky especially since a string of events put me at the spot where I got the ticket.

The ticket is $240 by the way.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BacaraG35
I think his thread also states "if your eyes are really photosensitive then it counts as a medical condition". Not sure if that is what he was saying why he would do it or if that was just a statement.

Either way, a false script is a violation regardless of what it is for.

I do have photo sensitive eyes, but in az the cops leave you alone as even they have tinted windows AFAIK.
Obviously one would have to have a medical condition of eye sensitivity to be eligible. No doctor would risk their medical license over someone wanting tints on their car. Most likely, any doctor would run photosensitivity tests before prescribing anything. Even with positive test results, the doctor would tell the patient to wear sunglasses when driving before allowing one to tint their vehicle. I was just giving a possible option since some people actually need tints to reduce UV light to the photosensitive regions. I am sure tints have helped BacaraG35 greatly with photosensitive eyes.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iceguju
So you're saying tints and steroids are on the same level? I don't think tints are hurting anyone's health. You explain to me how tints are hurting anyone's health. Then I would agree that I am wrong. How am I representing doctors in a bad way? You're blowing stuff way out of proportion. Also, where is your professionalism with that language you're using on the forum? THAT is unbelievable. Be professional. I thought they teach you that in medical school but apparently not at yours.
Tints and steroids are on the same level, you know why? Because writing phony scrips for them is ILLEGAL. Writing phony scrips for ANYTHING is ILLEGAL. Were you born retarded? I really hope you lose your license.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JC-RH
I'm only asking to see what options I have and to see what others have done in the same situation. I can pay it, but then I get 3 points I think. Is one of those traffic ticket clinics an option in this case?

I want to know what options I have. I never bitched about it like some of you say. It was very unlucky especially since a string of events put me at the spot where I got the ticket.

The ticket is $240 by the way.
I'd just pay it. It cost more to have it taken off and put back on unless you plan on giving up on tint.

I don't know florida law but I have a hard time believing a fix it ticket puts points on your license.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:58 PM
I'm going to look into that. I want to avoid getting points. I agree that paying the ticket costs about the same as getting new tints. I think I'll take my chances and go that route only if I can avoid points.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Obviously one would have to have a medical condition of eye sensitivity to be eligible. No doctor would risk their medical license over someone wanting tints on their car. Most likely, any doctor would run photosensitivity tests before prescribing anything.
And obviously the OP does not have photosensitive eyes, so a doctor issuing a doctor's note under the nonexistent circumstances is illegal.

End of discussion.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by felixsc300
And obviously the OP does not have photosensitive eyes, so a doctor issuing a doctor's note under the nonexistent circumstances is illegal.

End of discussion.
"obviously?" hey, you never know! Lol

Old 05-04-2010, 12:46 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by JC-RH
I'm going to look into that. I want to avoid getting points. I agree that paying the ticket costs about the same as getting new tints. I think I'll take my chances and go that route only if I can avoid points.
It would have been really swell had you looked into the laws in your home state before you started asking us questions. Not all states have the same laws so how can you ask our advice or post the question in the Florida area. I wasn't sure Florida had laws/rules or even if they were enforced from what we've seen here on DRIVER....
Gary

Old 05-04-2010, 01:03 AM
yeah no tint ticket AKA not a moving violation ticket (to my knowledge and experience with tickets) is not gonna take a hit on your license with points and insurance hikes, pay the fine and put a lighter tint. what do you have limo tint in the front?!?! thats dumb anyways, IL is the worst with laws and they even passed a law to allow 35% tint all around so thats whats in the front minus 5% haha and then limo in the back cause cops dont give two shiiits about the backs specially on a coupe

Last edited by OGKushRob; 05-04-2010 at 01:05 AM. Reason: left stuff out
Old 05-04-2010, 11:13 AM
So you're saying tints and steroids are on the same level? I don't think tints are hurting anyone's health. You explain to me how tints are hurting anyone's health. Then I would agree that I am wrong. How am I representing doctors in a bad way? You're blowing stuff way out of proportion. Also, where is your professionalism with that language you're using on the forum? THAT is unbelievable. Be professional. I thought they teach you that in medical school but apparently not at yours.
I wasn't implying that the two were on the same level with regards to health implications. I was implying that it's on the same level when you'd falsify medical information to go around a legal issue.

Do I use bad language in front of patients? Absolutely not. Do I do it at other times...like on an internet forum not related to the practice of medicine? Absolutely. Is it good for me to do that...probably not, but it's certainly not unprofessional out of the context of patient care.

Finally well done with the "my med school is more professional than yours" jab at the end. I'm sure it is

Old 05-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WTF? Points? For tint? Bah, that cant be right. Then again, it could be an FL thing. In VA you just pay a fine and go about your business. No points, just dough. Or, you peel it off and take the car and the ticket up the the cops shop and they dismiss it.

My tint is illegal as hell If I get a ticket for it, I just sign the ticket with a smile and go about my merry way until I get another ticket for the same thing. Rinse and repeat. They arent moving violations so who cares.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They just recently stopped issuing those special permits for "medical conditions" here in IL because too many people were abusing it. My friend had to take his limos off and he actually has a real condition.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:55 AM
Originally Posted by B_in_the_G
^I'll check that ish out in Cali!
did you look into it yet? answer??

Old 05-05-2010, 10:50 AM
well ill just provide some advice that worked for me...I took a bunch of pictures from different angles of my car before I put the 20% illegal tint on and one day I was pulled over and given a fix it ticket. I took the pictures of my pretinted car in with me to a hearing officer and showed her that I had removed the tint. She signed off on the ticket and i went to the parking lot to hop in my still tinted beauty.

I am looking into the prescription thing though. A few family members are doctors so they would probably help me out. I think the whole unethical doctor prescription thing is blown way out of proportion...I am pretty sure everyones eyes are sensitive to sunlight so really the prescription for tint is just a formal expression of that fact...whats sad is that some states make you go that route to get 20% tint...

Let me know if that works for you, its probably worth a try before forking out any money...

Old 05-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Obviously one would have to have a medical condition of eye sensitivity to be eligible. No doctor would risk their medical license over someone wanting tints on their car. Most likely, any doctor would run photosensitivity tests before prescribing anything. Even with positive test results, the doctor would tell the patient to wear sunglasses when driving before allowing one to tint their vehicle. I was just giving a possible option since some people actually need tints to reduce UV light to the photosensitive regions. I am sure tints have helped BacaraG35 greatly with photosensitive eyes.
Yep sure does, not sure mine is a medical condition as I have never checked, but sure seems like. Tint and sunglasses FTW.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got tint ticket in Miami. What to do??