G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Too Many Exhaust Choices!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
I would stick with brands that have long track records.. Such as HKS and Trust. Also, I would stick with a Japanese brand for our cars.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
^ Are you saying MotorDyne's quality isn't good since it's not made in Japan and hasn't been around as long as HKS?

MD products are made in the U.S.A, for those of you that don't know.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think i'm going to go with motordyne true dual exhuast with Fast intentions HFCs but i'm going to get the HFCs with then the system tho

Old 05-27-2010, 12:42 AM
LOL that's my car! I prefer my current setup over the one I had before.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
^famous!!!!!!

Old 05-27-2010, 12:52 AM
my friend has an HKS and it sounds very nice.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:14 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Silencer_0
^ Are you saying MotorDyne's quality isn't good since it's not made in Japan and hasn't been around as long as HKS?

MD products are made in the U.S.A, for those of you that don't know.
MD exhausts looks strangely similar to the Greddy Exhaust. I would pick Greddy over MD. Not saying they copied but that's just my preference.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:34 AM
You didnt really answer my question about the quality. And I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with the resemblance of those two exhausts, all exhausts look similar....there's only so many ways you can design an exhaust system before it starts looking like every other system out there.

If you'd take the greddy over the md, that's perfectly fine, everyone has their own personal preference. But to imply that the quality of MD products isn't up to par simply because it's not a world reknowned name brand, or because it's not made in Japan, is just dumb. I think most, if not all, people on this forum would agree that the quality of MD products is top notch and can definitely be compared to all those "big boy" brands out there.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:41 AM
Banned
Well, I can't judge their quality since I have zero experience with them. I don't know their history... But I can say that I am not feeling the screw on tip cover, and the pipe it is connected to (the 45? degree bend pipe) looks like it came from home depot. lol Stange how the entire setup looks stainless steel besides those (2) 45?? degrees bent pipe.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:10 AM
Well if you don't like the way looks, that's just your opinion. Personally, I think they're one of the best looking tips on the market lol. How else would it be adjustable if it didn't have those screws? And I can tell you from personal experience that you don't even notice those screws once they're on your car.

As for the pipes in that exhaust, i distictly remember Tony saying that the final product would be polished stainless steel and that the pipes in that pic were just the prototypes. I don't think MD even offers any exhaust part that isn't polished stainless steel..... Aside from the new ART pipes that people kept requesting in non-polished form.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:30 AM
I heard an amuse exhaust in person and needed to change my boxers haha. Amuse is by far the best I've heard. It's got a real low unique tone to it, personally my favorite, and no rasp.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:35 AM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
Well, I can't judge their quality since I have zero experience with them. I don't know their history... But I can say that I am not feeling the screw on tip cover, and the pipe it is connected to (the 45? degree bend pipe) looks like it came from home depot. lol Stange how the entire setup looks stainless steel besides those (2) 45?? degrees bent pipe.

I think you'd have to see one in person and compare it with a "JDM" exhaust.

That picture of the greddy system you posted is only an axle-back BTW where the MD system is a y-pipe back which can be paired with the XYZ y-pipe.

Show me another mad tyte JDM exhaust that is dyno proven with excellent customer service. MD is also local in Socal and posts here on the forums. That's a lot closer than Japan and good luck finding a JDM company like Greddy posting on the forums and answering any questions you have first hand. I don't think ANY of the JDM companies give discounts for independent dyno's for anything.

How many of the JDM companies use v-band clamps?

You have 1800+ posts and don't know MD history?

Old 05-27-2010, 02:53 AM
Banned
LOL mad tyte JDM exhaust? haha, there's plenty of them.

(BTW, to me JDM meant OEM stock parts from Japan). Like back in the days people who did JDM conversions on their Hondas / Acura.. Front end conversions, headlight conversions etc. etc.

Not Aftermarket JDM parts. Like it means now...

Old 05-27-2010, 03:48 AM
Originally Posted by Natd8
I heard an amuse exhaust in person and needed to change my boxers haha. Amuse is by far the best I've heard. It's got a real low unique tone to it, personally my favorite, and no rasp.
I agree that it sounds great and has it's own unique tone. The price tag on Amuse systems is too baller status for me though .

Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
LOL mad tyte JDM exhaust? haha, there's plenty of them.

(BTW, to me JDM meant OEM stock parts from Japan). Like back in the days people who did JDM conversions on their Hondas / Acura.. Front end conversions, headlight conversions etc. etc.

Not Aftermarket JDM parts. Like it means now...
Such as.....? I'm really curious what other exhaust company and owner is so personally involved with their customers. I think the only other person that comes close is Tony from Fast Intentions, I don't have any experience with him, but I usually hear good things about him and the exhausts. But even then, I rarely see any threads about F.I. nowadays. No disrespect to Tony or F.I.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:20 AM
I agree that it sounds great and has it's own unique tone. The price tag on Amuse systems is too baller status for me though .

Well if you find it around 2600 or so, its almost as expensive as HKS or fast intentions, and for the sound your getting, its worth it imo. I can't wait to get mine here

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Too Many Exhaust Choices!