G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Finally about to buy USA SPEC...advice before i pull the trigger?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 02:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by msommers

My only question would be, where did you place the module piece, ie: the grey box?

If you pull up the shift boot console, there is a nice little cubby right underneath the radio portion that fits the module piece nicely. Just be sure to leave it somewhat accessible in case you have to reset or change the dip switches. Good luck!

Old 08-04-2010, 05:42 AM
Originally Posted by ThickG
Here's some pics of my setup. I like it because I can hide my ipod away if I want without any cords hanging around or I can pull it out (heh) and have my ipod/iphone sitting on my console for direct control. I gotta say, I'm quite happy with it.
Yea man deff looks real clean sorry but gonna have to bite your style and copy you.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by flyinb501
Your lucky... The sound just stopped working on mine the day after install. I'm waiting on a replacement unit now. Still don't know what the hell happened.
damn, I guess I am lucky! Hope you get it fixed soon!

Originally Posted by Calvin
This is not true.
I'm not lying, my setup becomes integrated when the ipod is plugged in and can only be controlled by the headunit or steering wheel buttons until the ipod is unplugged.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by M302_Imola

I'm not lying, my setup becomes integrated when the ipod is plugged in and can only be controlled by the headunit or steering wheel buttons until the ipod is unplugged.
Yeah me too!

As far as being able to control your Ipod directly, you must access the direct mode somehow. In the manual it said that if I hit pre set button 5 it would go into direct mode. This didn't work for me, but I learned if you hit the "pty cat" button twice it would go into direct mode and let me control the Ipod directly. Try screwing around with it.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Yeah me too!

As far as being able to control your Ipod directly, you must access the direct mode somehow. In the manual it said that if I hit pre set button 5 it would go into direct mode. This didn't work for me, but I learned if you hit the "pty cat" button twice it would go into direct mode and let me control the Ipod directly. Try screwing around with it.
This is wrong! Well, I'm not saying that you're wrong, but your kit isn't working properly. Mine was doing the same thing and then I called tech support, they helped me get the right DIP switch configuration and then program my kit to use the "folder" mode OR "direct" mode. All I have to do is hit preset 1 for my playlists, 2 for artist, 3 for albums and, I believe, 4 or 5 for direct mode. Def check your DIP switches because the manual is wrong! The two configurations are switched. I highly suggest calling tech support. They were extremely helpful.

Also, one thing I just found out is that the manual says to use the Tune up/down button to scroll, well I found that, if everything is configured properly, the PTY/Cat button does it much quicker.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:57 PM

You may not be lying, but this isn't right.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:00 PM
This is wrong! Well, I'm not saying that you're wrong, but your kit isn't working properly. Mine was doing the same thing and then I called tech support, they helped me get the right DIP switch configuration and then program my kit to use the "folder" mode OR "direct" mode. All I have to do is hit preset 1 for my playlists, 2 for artist, 3 for albums and, I believe, 4 or 5 for direct mode. Def check your DIP switches because the manual is wrong! The two configurations are switched. I highly suggest calling tech support. They were extremely helpful.

Also, one thing I just found out is that the manual says to use the Tune up/down button to scroll, well I found that, if everything is configured properly, the PTY/Cat button does it much quicker.
Interesting... What year config do you have? I think the manual was pretty bad, and quite confusing. The actual installation is self explanatory but the setup is very confusing. I set the dip switches (1 = on, 2 =off, 3= on, 4 = off) how it said in the manual and setup the folder mode as they said. But it didn't function like it was supposed to. Then a day later I had no sound at all. I called tech support twice, and they finally just told me to send the unit back for an exchange.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:10 PM
I have an 07 coupe that is sat ready. I agree that the manual is terrible. I can't remember how I ended up configuring the dip switches, but i know it was the opposite of what was listed in the manual. Once you get your new set, call tech support and they'll tell you the correct dip swith configuration.

Once I got mine working, I found it to be quite easy to use.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Will do, thanks for the help man.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:48 PM
No worries. Good luck.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Yah, but you said:

Once you plug the ipod in you can only control it through the headunit unless you unplug the ipod again.
as if it is not possible. But it is. I can control the iPod function on my iPhone from the steering wheel controls, head unit, or the iPhone itself - all in one mode and without having to disconnect anything.

Originally Posted by christophg35
so calvin, with the pa15-nis you can control everything through the ipod itself?
Yes, I am using the PA15-NIS. I have an '06 non-Bose head unit and am not satellite ready.

I can change tracks and adjust volume from the steering wheel controls and head unit. I can also change tracks, playlists, etc. from my iPhone directly.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:08 AM
Yeah me too!

Thanks for the info. I emailed text support about my problem w/ text display and the guy asked me if my car came equipped w/ a text button on the head unit. Does my 07' Sat ready, non-navigational bose head unit have a text button?

Old 08-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the info. I emailed text support about my problem w/ text display and the guy asked me if my car came equipped w/ a text button on the head unit. Does my 07' Sat ready, non-navigational bose head unit have a text button?
Do you have a "disp" (display) button? If so, I believe this is what the guy is talking about.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Do you have a "disp" (display) button? If so, I believe this is what the guy is talking about.
Yep, played w/ it last night (the car that is) and a simple push of the display button fixed my text problem. I felt like a retard because I didn't think of that.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Yep, played w/ it last night (the car that is) and a simple push of the display button fixed my text problem. I felt like a retard because I didn't think of that.
Eh, look at it this way, you got to play with it (your car) and you fixed the text problem. Be happy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally about to buy USA SPEC...advice before i pull the trigger?