G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My passenger airbag deactiavted and I didn't even know it.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
My passenger airbag deactiavted and I didn't even know it.

Car has 10,100 miles and the passenger air bag is deactivated according to the Recall Letter. The warning light does not STAY RED.... But it does light up at the same time with the YELLOW light.

This is what the recall letter says:
----------------
NOTE:
* If a RED air bag warning light located in your instrument cluster illuminates together with the YELLOW "Pass Air Bag Off" Status light (locate din the center display next to the clock) and says on for longer than a few seconds, the passenger airbag in your vehicle is deactivated. You should take your car to an Infiniti dealer as soon as possible, and you should not let anyone rid in the front passenger seat until the dealer has repaid your vehicles.

----------------

I've been reading that a few people have the "RED WARNING LIGHT" stay on. The letter explains it differently.

Basically, both my red and yellow warning light stays on for a few seconds and goes away.

I don't feel like taking it in yet. I'll wait tell they work on a few cars before I take mine in. I don't want to have a flashback to what happened to my car when I took my car in for the headlights.

What a FN bltch. Well, at least I now have an excuse to let them check on my compression rod/bushing, creaking noises in the sunroof area and so on.

I'll let them tackle all that at once. And oh yeah, the Gas refueling issue too.

Just another thing added to my list.

Last edited by jibberjabbers; 07-23-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Banned
Anyone have this issue?

Both red and yellow airbag lights lighting up for a few seconds then disappearing? (at the same time)

Old 11-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how about just the yellow pass airbag light coming on randomly and going away after about 5-10 seconds

Old 11-09-2010, 01:10 AM
Banned
Not sure, I took it to the dealership for the recall. I'm still getting the same lights.

I think it's normal. Just the system checking itself.

The way they worded it in the letter is confusing.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The red and yellow airbag light up when you start the vehicle. They stay on for about 7 seconds. This is for the lamp check. The red airbag light will turn off after that time.

However, the yellow light will stay lit or not, depending on the following conditions: If there is someone sitting in the passenger seat, the light will turn off, since the seat senses that there is someone in the seat, activating the passenger dash airbag.

The yellow passenger light will stay lit if the seat does not sense a passenger or if there is little weight on the seat ( small child, bag, child seat, etc ). In this case, the passenger airbag will be deativated and will not deploy in case of an accident.

Now, after those 7 or so seconds when you first start the car, the red light stays on, then you have a airbag system issue. At that point, you should go take in the car for an inspection.

you can do a check for yourself: turn the car on and sit in the passenger seat, the light should turn off after the 7 sec start, then lift yourself off the seat, the yellow light should turn on after a few seconds, then sit right back down and the light will turn back off. I've noticed it when my brother was trying to take something out of the back pocket and lifted himself off the seat ( I have a maxima btw, same system however ) and the light turned on on the dash, caught my eye and told him to sit back down, the light turned right back off. The sensor is on the bottom cushion.

Just my 2 cents and hope it clarifies any confusion.

G