G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Rattle problem fixed..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 08:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattle problem fixed..

I had my car for almost 2 years now, 31K miles clutch feel is the same no problem, still have the original brake pads (brembo) and this was my first manual car and I drive 60% highway and 40% city. Anyway the first rattle was the rear view mirror when you push the mirror with one finger near the "auto dim button" you will hear a nasty rattle like a loose washer, the fix: I bought a can of foam spray from home depot and drill a small hole in the back of the rear view mirror and fill it then plug it with a black rubber cut to fit the hole perfectly you can hardly notice it and besides no one can see it.
2nd rattle: is coming from inside the dash board, If I shake the steering wheel "back and forth" very fast I hear a rattle coming from inside the dash board but seems like behind the radio and it only happens sometimes on a bumpy road and also happens at the same bumpy area on the highway.

the fix: I un-snap the left side plastic cover near the radio (below your knee when you're sitting down) I saw a "metal bracket" with 2 screws, first I tightened it and it seems to fix the problem but then it came back! so I loosened these 2 and it fixed the problem, what happens was this bracket I think is directly connected to the dashboard and no matter how tight these screw is it will become loose and will "rub" to the metal frame when you hit the bump, the best solution is to loosen this screw.. One week and no more rattle whatsoever. I thought I share this if anyone have same issue. i could have taken my rear view mirror replaced by the dealer but I got no time to bring the car and I like to fix stuff..

Old 10-08-2004, 12:06 PM
G SQUAD
Re: Rattle problem fixed..

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

If I shake the steering wheel "back and forth" very fast I hear a rattle coming from inside the dash board but seems like behind the radio and it only happens sometimes on a bumpy road and also happens at the same bumpy area on the highway.

<hr></blockquote>

What the.. were you angry or something when you decided to shake the steering wheel like that? [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

John

'04 DG 6mt (Premium Pkg. / Navi)
Huper Optik (Ceramic 40) / Clearbra / Hardwired V1 / Phatbox / UT Roof Spoiler

Old 10-09-2004, 05:35 PM
Re: Rattle problem fixed..

thats the only way to pinpoint the rattle, its the same rattle I hear on a bumpy road..