41.98%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Debadge Poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TNC 718
Tint your tails (blackout if it's legal where you live) and paint Fuji black.
At first i was a fan of tinting tails... but now i don't like the way it looks on a bsilver g anymore imo. If my car was darker i'd consider it.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Originally Posted by mindlikeskyy
hahahah. gotta love that.
Gary, can you post a few pics of your car? I bet it looks super clean with your color.
Honestly, what i'm thinking about doing is debadging it and putting it on my gialla grill. I've always liked that look in the front, and besides it'll be an upgrade to my lame engine cover mt fuji badge that i bought for $4
And if you're worried about the shadows, my car was 5 years old when I first debadged everything else, and there were shadows - but after cleaning and letting a few weeks pass it disappeared. Just gotta let it adapt I guess.
I'll probably debadge it sometime today when the sun gets out and i'll post pics Thanks guys!
You can look at the pic in my garage, but none of them are of my recent mods with the exception of the engine compartment/Gialla grille. I'll have more after our September 19th meet at Riverside Infiniti, and I intend to spend some heavy $$ on a new camera....point & shoot no longer gets the job done.
Gary

Old 08-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mindlikeskyy
At first i was a fan of tinting tails... but now i don't like the way it looks on a bsilver g anymore imo. If my car was darker i'd consider it.
Eh. I think it only looks good on metallics and black. If it's a custom color, possibly, depending on how dark the paint is.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
IMO I think that a fully modded car looks better without an emblem, but one that is in the works should leave it badged.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Debage INFINITI G35 and leave Mt. Fuji...that is what I did for my IP coupe.

you can search my pics under ma name. Important thing is that I sold my G..;;; lol

Old 08-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Debadged it today. I like it and I added a fatlace decal too.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gary c
You put all those heavy $$ for an Infiniti premium coupe and you're going to devalue it with Nissan badges? Done correctly you need to rebadge the front and the interior too, bad
Gary
Sorry, totally disagree. I bought my Infiniti's not for the Infiniti name but because I wanted RWD Nissan's with back seats.
As for HAVING to 'rebadge' the interior and move the driver's seat to the right side in order to BE a Skyline, I also respectfully disagree.

IMHO, the G35 IS a rebadged Skyline, so re-rebadging as a Skyline is only trying to make it what it really is.

Count the number of parts stamped with Infiniti and then count the number of parts stamped with Nissan.

Modifying a car with rims, drop, custom paint, debadge, rebadge is just artistic expression of the owner and will always be judged by others.
just my .02

Old 08-22-2010, 11:59 AM
True, but what Escalade owners rebadge their trucks to make it say Chevy Tahoe?

Old 08-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by TNC 718
True, but what Escalade owners rebadge their trucks to make it say Chevy Tahoe?
Yes, I see where you are going....prestige!!! Name brand!!!
I guess it's all about pride. Look what I've got! Look at ME!!!
However, does the Chevy Tahoe have a racing heritage?
Does the G?
Does the Skyline?
See the direction I'm headed....would rather my G be associated with high performance racing heritage as opposed to over priced "Infiniti Buying Experience", marketing ploy to the US consumers.

And, no I do not think I would rebadge an Escalade to be a Chevy Tahoe.....
However, I would buy a Tahoe before an Escalade anyway.....just me.

Actually, for 4x4 purposes my 01 Pathy 4x4 5MT with LSD was AWESOME on the sands of the NC Beaches!!!!! I would get another Pathy before those above anyways.

just my .02 and honestly not worth that in this economy....

Old 08-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Well just wait for the IPL badges to hit eBay!

Point taken. I just prefer either leaving it as is or debadging. Fuji looks better than the burger to me.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:21 PM
I enjoy seeing G's badged/debadged/rebadged and understand it's all preference.
Basically, I don't have the energy to mess with either of mine.
I just got my daughter's 00 Max ready for another winter in the NC mountains at ASU (jr year). And am getting my son's Furd Focus ready for his sr year in HS.....with 4 cars to care for it's all about maintenance these days.

Also, have heard that the authorities will pull you for having a tag not matching the vehicle (rebadged) and I'm not giving them any reasons to pull me even tho I'm legal. They pulled me years ago the day after I traded my 97 cobra for a 01 pathy. Threatened to arrest me cause my tag showed it belonged on a 97 mustang. Had to argue with the noob about the sales receipt being a temp reg. in the state of NC.....small town police...

Old 08-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Ban Hammer Expert

Received 635 Likes on 551 Posts

Definately go with the full debadge!!!!

Old 08-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by SVTCOBRA
Also, have heard that the authorities will pull you for having a tag not matching the vehicle (rebadged) and I'm not giving them any reasons to pull me even tho I'm legal.
Damn, that's pretty petty. It's not like cops aren't familiar with cars. If I were to rebadge my G and put Ferrari on it, I'd hope that with all the G's on the road, they'd know that it is a G and not an Italian sports car.

The previous owner of my G debadged the "G35" and "Infiniti" off the trunk, which looks pretty good and I kept it that way. Before this one, I had an '01 Celica GTS that was debadged and the "Celica" engraving or whatever above the trunk handle was filled in, which made it look really clean.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:51 PM
looks good

Old 08-23-2010, 04:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
alright this thread is kinda gay now, either debadge or dont. this seems like a whiney thread of someone who cant decide something i and better yet most people dont think twice about. do it or dont do it, but acting like this is a decision thats super hard is ****ni gay now...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Debadge Poll