Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Calling WORK Wheel Owners / Spacer Users

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 03:53 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Calling WORK Wheel Owners / Spacer Users

This weekend I installed one of my 15mm Ichiba V2 spacers on my car to stance it out a bit more.

Well, I hit a snag so I'll have to sell them now since there isn't anything I can do. I'm not creating this thread to complain or anything, but I just want some clarification on something that came to my attention when I went to install my wheel. Obviously, the 15mm V2 spacers bolt onto your factory OEM studs and since they are only 15mm's, your OEM studs protrude slightly out from the spacer itself. See the first image. Well, when it came to installing my wheel, I noticed that my WORK T1S doesn't have all the holes in order to be able to clear those studs. See the second image. I now know that I need to get the 15mm V1 spacers with extended studs in order to have this work.

My question is, are all WORK wheels like this or are they just the T1S? And also, why would the wheels be made like this, with only 4 holes and not 5. I know there are some people with VS-XX's running spacers to either clear BBK's (the reason why I'm running spacers) or to stance out properly, so it can't be all WORK wheels. I'm not pissed off or anything, just want some clarification or maybe some user friendly input.

I tried calling WORK Wheels USA for an answer, but I couldn't get anyone on the phone. I would assume that it is because of Halloween weekend.

I am now forced to sell these, so check the Market Place for my spacers. I'll edit this first post later and put the link to the Market Place when I create it.

Edit: They are up for sale now.

https://g35driver.com/forums/marketp...2-spacers.html

Last edited by XiN; 10-30-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
never noticed if my t1s are liek that on back. ill have to check next time i have them off. i do remember reading a few guys that cut the oem studs down. but i wouldnt do it personally b/c i swap back to oem wheels for the winter. im sure someone will chime in and say drill a hold deep enough for the stud to sit in but i wouldnt do that either

Old 10-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
This same thing happened to me with my work vs-mx's. I also had to swap for the v1's. Im also interested in knowing about this. LOL and i also managed to drill a hole deep enough to clear but then decided to swap the v2 for v1's.

Old 10-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Newb.

Old 10-30-2010, 04:49 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
LMAO^^ (he's got a damn good looking car for a noob)

I feel your pain and wish you didn't have to deal with this shizz. I did read a while back when I was researching spacers that this can be an issue with some wheels so the lesson here is do thorough research on anything you're not completely sure of. I found out the hard way last week that the nuts included with the Ichiba V2 spacers are very soft as I stripped one on the initial install. Sucks because I'm uber careful with everything on my car. I was surprised it stripped that easy.

If anyone has an extra spacer nut let me know, I'll be happy to send you a few dollars for it.

Old 10-30-2010, 04:53 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Never noticed that either.. gotta check when I take them off..

Old 10-30-2010, 05:36 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by Frankieg35
Never noticed that either.. gotta check when I take them off..
Originally Posted by erklep
never noticed if my t1s are liek that on back. ill have to check next time i have them off. i do remember reading a few guys that cut the oem studs down. but i wouldnt do it personally b/c i swap back to oem wheels for the winter. im sure someone will chime in and say drill a hold deep enough for the stud to sit in but i wouldnt do that either
Let me know when you both pull it off and look. I'm curious to see. And I'm not about to shave down my OEM stud either. Not comfortable at all doing that.

Originally Posted by jayk
Newb.
I hate you.

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
I feel your pain and wish you didn't have to deal with this shizz. I did read a while back when I was researching spacers that this can be an issue with some wheels so the lesson here is do thorough research on anything you're not completely sure of. I found out the hard way last week that the nuts included with the Ichiba V2 spacers are very soft as I stripped one on the initial install.

If anyone has an extra spacer nut let me know, I'll be happy to send you a few dollars for it.
Thanks Tim. I just assumed that since WORK wheels are also forged, then the set up would be similar to how the OEM 19's were. I ran spacers on my OEM Rays no problem since it was already readily fit to be able to run spacers. I guess I never paid attention to how the back of my wheel face was.

And I had the same issue with my previous spacer install as well. I stripped the hell out of one nuts on the rear 25mm's that I had. A smaller socket, a hammer, and a pneumatic impact gun took it out.

Have you tried going to Autozone and seeing if they have a similar style spacer nut? I'm sure they do. If not, Sears would probably have one that size as well.

Old 10-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
It varys from wheel to wheel, some have 4 wholes some have none. I'm not sure why that is, I guess the wheel companys that do custom wheels don't see the need since they assume you are customizing it to your specific needs.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Shouldve gotten VS-XX's .

Old 10-30-2010, 08:09 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by G35_FTMFW
It varys from wheel to wheel, some have 4 wholes some have none. I'm not sure why that is, I guess the wheel companys that do custom wheels don't see the need since they assume you are customizing it to your specific needs.
No that makes perfect sense. It isn't really my offset that is the issue. I'd love to keep my offsets where they are at. Problem being is that when I first ordered my wheels, I didn't think I'd ever want to run a BBK so I just got the A-Disc face.

Now I've changed my mind and want to get one now, so I'm just prepping for it. Not off to a good start right now.

Originally Posted by Silencer_0
Shouldve gotten VS-XX's .
I didn't wanna copy your ugly car.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:24 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
thats what i had to do when i had my rays g-games. ran 15mm v1 spacers, now with these 20" cec's they have the holes so i am now runnin 20/25mm v2 spacers.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
true. son, you could run 25mm. the lugs come flush with those and you dont need the holes in the wheel. you might need to play with camber and fender work then though. i had my works bolts up with my 25mm spacers when i first put them on just for shts and giggles and they bolted right up

Old 10-30-2010, 10:02 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Originally Posted by erklep
true. son, you could run 25mm. the lugs come flush with those and you dont need the holes in the wheel. you might need to play with camber and fender work then though. i had my works bolts up with my 25mm spacers when i first put them on just for shts and giggles and they bolted right up
Aww man!! That brought back memories.. lol

Old 10-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts
Yup I encoutered this problem with my Work Meisters aswell, you either have to go 25mm or just go with the version 1 and install the extended studs (which are much safer IMHOP)

Old 10-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
maybe this is a stupid question but can't you just bore out a hole on the back of your rim where the fifth hole is supposed to be?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Calling WORK Wheel Owners / Spacer Users