G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I Need Your Opinion !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Need Your Opinion !!

Hi guys how you doing?

Today i took test drive for G35 with my brother. The look for the G was awsome, but i don't like the power for her. Maybe because my brother has M3 and i always take ride with him in his car. So i need you opinion for this. I really like the exhaust sound but the power is not enough. but the dealer told me that he can order the 05 G within 60-90 days at most.
So i wanna ask every one has G35, what do you think about your G and for guys whom has SC or Turbo C. How fast is the G with the SC or TC.

Even though my brother want to sell his 01 M3 to me but i don't agree.

Question 2. Should i buy the New 05 G35 or my brother M3 with new 19 wheels?

Thanks

Old 10-23-2004, 05:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: I Need Your Opinion !!

You can't really compare the G35 to the M3. The M3 is definitely in a different league in terms of performance and luxury, as it should be when you look at the price. An new M3 will set you back $55k, whereas a fully loaded G35 6MT coupe will set you back only $38k. That's a big price difference.

The G35 Coupe's real competitor is the BMW 330Ci, which actually costs more than the G35, while offering less power and performance and features.

A G35 with a twin turbo or SC kit should easily match an M3's acceleration, if not exceed it. However, to do it right, you should have the engine pulled and built to handle forced induction (forged all around, strengthen the block, lower compression, etc.). A properly built engine with a twin turbo, and beefing up some driveline components to handle the extra power, will probably set you back about $15k. Which would still be cheaper than buying a new M3, and with that setup, you could definitely smoke one. So that's not a bad route to go - only downside is you'd have no warranty anymore.

Putting a turbo or SC kit on a stock G35 motor is asking for trouble, IMO, unless you keep the boost really low.

As for buying your brother's used '01 M3, that's a tough call. As long as his car is still under warranty, and you know it was well maintained and not abused too much, and he's willing to sell it for the price of a new G35C, or less, then I would go for it, but I would only keep it for 2 years and dump it as soon as its out of warranty. There have been quite a few major problems with the M3 (particularly the motor and differential), they are expensive to maintain, and hard to work on. Trust me, you don't want to get stuck with an old M3 out of warranty - the repair costs will drive you to the poor house.

2003 G35C, 6MT, DG/G, Aero/Nav/Premium
2002 Corvette Z06, Electron Blue/Black, headers, intake, exhaust, 380 rwhp

Old 10-23-2004, 05:38 PM
Premier Member

I agree with Z06. It's difficult too compare the G35c and the M3, they are different cars not too mention in different price leagues. If your looking for sheer power & want too stay around 30-35K look at an Sti or an Evo. As for buying a used M3, there have been so many problems posted with the 2000-2002 I'd be wary. If you get it, sell it when the warranty is gone.
Oh, and for the record I drive a G35 sedan and for my money it's fast, looks beautiful and there's nothing below 50K that would takes it's place.

Old 10-23-2004, 06:22 PM

Well i think you guys right but i don't like me brother M3 cuz the BMW stopped build the M3 waitting for the new m3 in 2007. It's 2 years not more. So i preffer the new 05 M3 because i planed to inistall TC.

But my Question now is when i took the G for the test drive it's seems less power than the 350z. Maybe because the intak i have no idea.

I found the TC on ebay 5449$ and the parts for rebuild engin on www.sgpracing.com. But if i inistall the TC can i buy the warranty again from the dealer. I heard that the stillen SC doesn't get the G out of warranty?

Thanks

Old 10-24-2004, 10:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

But my Question now is when i took the G for the test drive it's seems less power than the 350z. Maybe because the intak i have no idea.

<hr></blockquote>

Well, the G is 7 less horsepower, and about 150 lbs heavier, so there is a slight difference. The performance difference is negligible though (about 2 tenths of a second in 0-60).

My uncle has a 350Z, which I drove, and it definitely feels different and more sporty. The 350Z feels much smaller, a bit more nimble and tight, and gives the illusion of being quicker, mostly because the driving position is much lower to the ground than the G, and there's quite a bit more engine, drivetrain, and road noise in the 350Z.

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

But if i inistall the TC can i buy the warranty again from the dealer. I heard that the stillen SC doesn't get the G out of warranty?

<hr></blockquote>

Most dealers/tuners will not give much of a warranty on a turbo install, if any. I heard Stillen was selling a warranty with their SC package, but don't know if they still are. If they do, you can count on it being expensive, but probably worth it. Remember though, that you need to replace the hood with the Stillen SC package.

2003 G35C, 6MT, DG/G, Aero/Nav/Premium
2002 Corvette Z06, Electron Blue/Black, headers, intake, exhaust, 380 rwhp

Old 10-24-2004, 04:31 PM

Thanks very much for your info

i know about the hood when i inistall the stillen SC. It's make the G ugle, but for the Z not bad

Thanks again