G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

X02!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 04:36 PM
_
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
antodiaz if your replacing them with your oem tips, sell me your burnt tip. I want to replace my topspeed pro exhaust tips to burnt. Or we can do a trade. My tips are not burnt tips, its stainless steel.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I installed the m2 kcr x02 exhaust a few months ago, and here is my feedback:

The fitment wasn't horrible, but not great either. The left tip was way off to the right, and the right tip was blowing into the diffuser. I had a muffler shop bend the hangers and yank the pipes again to get it to fit perfectly.

The sound is pretty badass... very throaty, very loud. Too loud for MY TASTE, but I got used to it. My major complaint with this exhaust was the pointless "H-pipe" directly in front of the resonators. I say pointless, because the size of the holes in the h-pipe are smaller than a dime. For some reason with my particular set-up (kinetix hfc's), the exhaust was making a pretty loud and very annoying "chirping" noise at the h-pipe where the exhaust was colliding.

To fix this, I bought the Magnaflow x-pipe muffler, and had it welded in place of the h-pipe and resonators. As a result, chirping is gone and the exhaust is much much much much quieter! I love the new sound, but just a warning- it sounds nothingggg like it did originally or like an HKS does. It's a much rounder sound, similar to stock but with less resonance. If any of you are interested in how my set-up sounds, I can record a video tomorrow for you.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:56 PM
well Thanks for the advice Im doing the same thing. I'm buying the x pipe next week.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the M2 mated to ART pipes. It sounds better then my friends HKS. The fitment was ok but it needed adjustment on the passenger side. IMHO anything under the car will get trashed and im not gona drop 1500 on an exhaust thats gona get busted up anyway.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Xet
I like how you try to state your opinion as something factual. You aren't the brightest crayon are you?

You can hate the x02 all you want, but don't try to pass off your opinion as fact. And just to add extra data to this thread, I've been running my x02 for 2 years and it hasn't rusted and I never clean it.
Brightest crayon? How gay are you? LOL how did I state my opinions as "facts". I'm passing on my experience with the X02 on to others. I've read PLENTY of bad reviews and from what I see/hear, most people get rid of it. I've had my G for awhile now and have looked through many threads about the x02 prior to purchasing one back in the day. Try searching around, sir. I've found plenty of threads about rust issues AND fitment issues. Dude... they are REPS, there is no quality control or anything. QQ all you want for rocking some fake exhausts...

Old 01-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by ___
antodiaz if your replacing them with your oem tips, sell me your burnt tip. I want to replace my topspeed pro exhaust tips to burnt. Or we can do a trade. My tips are not burnt tips, its stainless steel.

No problem I'll let you know if I swap the tips with oems.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:58 PM
I mean.. it's everyones own opinion on what they think sounds nice and what doesn't. I have a couple friends that drive Z's/G's and have heard the HKS in person. From my experience, I believe the HKS sounds far nicer than the X02. I had numerous issues with my exhaust ranging from fitment issues which eventually burnt my rear bumper to the rusting issue. I'm sure I'm not the only one with the rust issue. I actually personally headed over the X02's office located in El Monte to show them the fitment issue I had and they eventually directed me to a local shop where they literally "sliced" off the tips, added some extra piping to extend the tips because it fell short of the bumper, and straighten out the tips since it was crooked. Plus.... it's an EBAY exhaust.
Here are some pictures of it when I first got it installed back in the day...

Last edited by xfuz1on; 01-08-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO the stock exhaust sounds better than a x02. A old integra can probably sound better than a x02. Thats just my opinion though

Old 01-08-2011, 08:12 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by xfuz1on
QQ all you want for rocking some fake exhausts...
With a statement like that, all your parts better be authentic or it throws your opinion right out the window.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:35 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
LOL dude you should not have to take care of your exhaust..... it's an exhuast.... it's meant to get dirty... i've had my stillen td exhaust for awhile now and I dont "polish" it every other week but it's still good to go with NO RUST AT ALL.. However, my xO2 started to rust after about 2 months ... Well I'm not stating a FACT that it sounds cheap sir, I'm saying IMO as well as all my friends who have heard the exhaust, think it sounds cheap and ricey. Honestly I wasted money purchasing this exhaust.. There were fitment issues too and it started to burn my OEM diffuser to a yellow tint... It's a replica for a reason. You get what you pay for and it does not by no means, sound better than a HKS.
I have to admit, I had no idea that exhausts were "meant to get dirty." I do detailing so I am pretty **** about my car looking good. It's a great looking exhaust so why would one not want to polish it up to keep it looking it's best??

Old 01-09-2011, 02:14 AM
Originally Posted by never gone
I have to admit, I had no idea that exhausts were "meant to get dirty." I do detailing so I am pretty **** about my car looking good. It's a great looking exhaust so why would one not want to polish it up to keep it looking it's best??
Well I mean exhausts are located underneath the chassis so without a doubt water, mud, and whatnot will get splashed onto it and collect dirt. I did wash my exhaust tips before but I never polished it but it still managed to rust. I have stillen exhaust now, have never polished it, and have not rusted yet. Are you serious saying that you like the tips of the x02 ? I've read so many threads about people wanting to change their xo2 tips because of rust issues and the poor quality of the "burnt" tips. Go research. I'm only telling you my unpleasant experience with this exhaust. Go google "xo2 rust" I'm sure you will find plenty of information. Enough said.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:49 AM
_
Originally Posted by antodiaz
No problem I'll let you know if I swap the tips with oems.
thanks, pm me about it. price me and ill buy it straight up

Old 01-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Brightest crayon? How gay are you? LOL how did I state my opinions as "facts". I'm passing on my experience with the X02 on to others. I've read PLENTY of bad reviews and from what I see/hear, most people get rid of it. I've had my G for awhile now and have looked through many threads about the x02 prior to purchasing one back in the day. Try searching around, sir. I've found plenty of threads about rust issues AND fitment issues. Dude... they are REPS, there is no quality control or anything. QQ all you want for rocking some fake exhausts...
You tried to state that it doesn't sound better than HKS at all, not as an opinion but as a fact. If you could read, I even bolded it for you in my first post. I don't actually care if you like the x02 or not, either way it doesn't matter to me, but your inability to read or realize you are trying to state an opinion as fact is absurd.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:29 PM
UPDATE: I received the exhaust and that thing is really niceee. I did the installation myself and I really thing the worst part was taking the old exhaust off it was really rusty. About the fitment like all of you guys the left side was not centered and the right side was touching the bumper anyways $20 got it fixed. About the sound well its sounds amazing I like it a lot absolutely no drone on the highway (still running cats) and is not really that loud. Im getting the x pipe tomorrow and probably next week I'll get it installed. I'll be taking some videos and pics soon. plus I don't know if is me but it feels like it pulls harder specially in the midrange.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cant wait for the videos!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: X02!!!