G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Just bought a 03 Red/black interior 51k G35 coupe..need tips bro !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought a 03 Red/black interior 51k G35 coupe..need tips bro !

What up my fellow G members , I just bought this mint red g35 coupe but still havnt picked it up .. going on vaca so getin the car in a week.

My question to you all is what are the first things you all suggest i should have done to the car ? Any tips on anything ?

Thanks

Old 03-21-2011, 09:58 PM
Nice. Just got mine Friday. First thing you should do when you pick it up is take some pics and post em up. Nah, but everyone tells me clear corners and rims. Or for no money, debadge it. Thats what I'll be doing.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:03 PM
yea thats what i was thinkin about doing .. maybe 20 percent tints all around..still debating on doing the tail lights. Good stuff and goodluck brotha

Old 03-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I did LED's all around first, spent less than $50. You can get them from www.v-leds.com (more expensive) or on eBay. To be honest, v-LEDs is overpriced, my $3 eBay LEDs lasted longer than v-leds, but that's just me.

Debadge is free, just need dental floss and WD-40. I rattle canned a lot of stuff matte black (bumper lights, grill, decals, headlights, engine cover).

I also had 20% tints all around, but recently went 5% on the back 3 windows. Personal opinion, but I like it better.

If you know your way around a solder gun, that could keep you busy for a while too. If
That should keep you busy for a while too. If you feel comfortable about opening up your headlights, I posted a DIY on how to wire up LEDs in your headlights.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Radoncic90
yea thats what i was thinkin about doing .. maybe 20 percent tints all around..still debating on doing the tail lights. Good stuff and goodluck brotha
I think my tint is 20%. Bought it like that. It is really nice. I need to do the front windshield to about 30, cause its really weird having the sun coming through one window. And tinting the tails a little is nice. I don't like the full on 0% black tint though.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:05 AM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
congrats on LR G, I always wanted one with black interior very hard to fine. The first mod you should do is get it lower(coilovers) then get some really nice wheels.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:56 AM
Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
Depends on what you want to do with it. Are you more of a cruiser guy or do you appreciate performance? Is your car a 6MT or 5AT?

Either way I'd do clear corners and either mod your current headlights or get 06-07 projectors to get rid of the orange. While I personally typically prefer the orange for contrast purposes, I feel the orange is too close to the red and clashes.

I personally am a big fan of the stock 7-spoke 18's on the 03-04 G's, but if you don't like them and have the cash, then you can go with some new rims. Just please don't go any larger than 19"...

If you want to do some performance mods, I'd recommend a plenum spacer and lightweight pulleys and the cool air intake of your choice (I have an Injen and like it).

Suspension wise I'd get some swaybars (I have and would recommend the Stillen ones), and a rear strut-bar if you can live the impact it has on trunk space.

If you can live with a little bit of noise, a lightweight flywheel is a great mod when you need a new clutch (assuming you have a 6MT). This was probably the one mod that made the biggest impact on how my car drives.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
drive the car first and see what you don't like and mod that aspect first.

or you can fix the car but also upgrade
i.e. your 03 might comes with a screw up head unit than maybe you want to consider get a JDM double din kit and a in-dash navi ...etc.

I like my JWT intake and motordyne 5/16 spacer mod

Old 03-22-2011, 03:20 AM
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
First things I'd do is get tint (if it doesn't have already) and debadge it (but keep the mt.fuji).

And from there the rest depends on your budget. Low budget, I'd get get clear corners (~$40), LED for license plate ($10), Paint grill black ($20) e.t.c.

If you got some $$$ to spare, then I'd get a gialla grill ($100-200 not sure), 06+ projectors, coilovers, rims and performance parts.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:24 AM
Hey guys , Thanks for all the tips i appericate it .

At first i was skeptical about buying the g35(03) in red but i said **** it il make it look fresh and yea its a 5AT.

First thing is tints..i feel 20 percent in the 2 front windows and 5% on the back .

Also another question .. the front grill i want to paint black, should i paint or buy new grill?

And is it possible to have a navi installed ..maybe from a 04-06 g ?

Tail lights tinted ? Im leaning more on the no for some reason

Old 03-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Good choice on the RED!!!!!!!!! Go with one shade on the tint..........looks cleaner. I got 35% all around EXCEPT windshield.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Welcome to DRIVER Radoncic, good job finding a LR '03 with relatively low mileage. Good place to begin with your ride is debadging and clear corners. If you'll learn to use our SEARCH all the questions you have will be answered like your questions about painting the grille and tail light tint, along with everything else!
Gary

Old 03-22-2011, 09:46 AM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Very nice find, but first I did K&N intake first but Id suggest debadge. Makes a huge difference for very, very cheap!

Old 03-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts
CONGRATS, get ready to go broke modding.

There is allot of things that you can do, i say check out other ppls rides and see what you think.
I say for cheep, Clear corners, debadge, paint grill, spacers, tint, vinyl wrap pieces. just to make a few. Feel free to check out my build, link in my Sig for some ideas.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Radoncic90
What up my fellow G members , I just bought this mint red g35 coupe but still havnt picked it up .. going on vaca so getin the car in a week.

My question to you all is what are the first things you all suggest i should have done to the car ? Any tips on anything ?

Thanks
For the most part, as any tattoo addicted G-owners will attest, it's a matter of time & money. Below is the order I went in.

I had a certain vision, so the 1st few things were planned & coordinated beforehand (windows, wheels, JDM badge conversion):

*From dealership, directly to get the windows tinted 20% all around; 10-12" limo tint (5%) on upper windshield.

*Wheels: 20x9.5 (Rear).....20x8.5 (Front) and Tires: 275-30/ZR20 (R).....245-35/ZR20 (F)

*De-badged & replaced trunk & grille emblems with JDM Skyline 350GT Badges/Nissan grille insert emblem.

*Smoked Taillamps

*Tein 350Z 'H-Tech' Springs for a .7" (R) / .8" (F) Drop.

*5AT Manumatic Shifter Reversal: Pull-Upshift / Push-Downshift (performed @ Sawgrass Infiniti dealership @ little or no cost.)

*Smoked Headlamps (just recently)

Last, but not least, have fun!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just bought a 03 Red/black interior 51k G35 coupe..need tips bro !