Old 04-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Fadil13
Chill....
Umm great post! Lol stick to the topic.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by luvmyzx6r
Completely not true. Gas is $4.00 now so gas mileage is important.
$4.41 for me so I'm starting to watch the RPMs and heavy foot

Old 04-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by KnowScott
12 and you aren't driving aggressively? Either something is wrong or you are in heavy foot denial.
Honestly I rarely really get on it, once in a while when on the freeway maybe but the car hardly sees the freeway (maybe once a week). No denial, if I drove it hard I would agree that I deserve the crappy mpg. Not complaining here, just want to see some better mpg (especially with gas prices climbing). I don't expect it to run like it's new but an extra 5 mpg would make me very happy, 300 miles from each tank would be great compared to what I get now.

Have done most everything other than plugs thus far (will be doing those tomorrow), new air filter, cleaned TB and MAF, tires at max psi, new hubs on front, new tires all around, changed oil, AT trans flush, and the car throws NO codes. Just had a new radiator and thermostat installed as well, not that those will alter mpg greatly. I keep excellent maintenance on the car and it's a clean stock 2005, no mods (at least not until the extended warranty expires, considering an Osiris tune from IntecRacing in the meantime).

The thing runs great other than the crummy mpg, I am hopeful that the plugs will yield some positive results. If not maybe it's time for some HFC's.

Jason

Old 04-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DGP-G35
Honestly I rarely really get on it, once in a while when on the freeway maybe but the car hardly sees the freeway (maybe once a week). No denial, if I drove it hard I would agree that I deserve the crappy mpg. Not complaining here, just want to see some better mpg (especially with gas prices climbing). I don't expect it to run like it's new but an extra 5 mpg would make me very happy, 300 miles from each tank would be great compared to what I get now.

Have done most everything other than plugs thus far (will be doing those tomorrow), new air filter, cleaned TB and MAF, tires at max psi, new hubs on front, new tires all around, changed oil, AT trans flush, and the car throws NO codes. Just had a new radiator and thermostat installed as well, not that those will alter mpg greatly. I keep excellent maintenance on the car and it's a clean stock 2005, no mods (at least not until the extended warranty expires, considering an Osiris tune from IntecRacing in the meantime).

The thing runs great other than the crummy mpg, I am hopeful that the plugs will yield some positive results. If not maybe it's time for some HFC's.

Jason
Wow...I would definitely say something is wrong, I easily get 300 miles to a tank, and probably could get more because it only take me about 17-18 gallons to fill up again, if I let it get that empty. I just installed a SC, and still get 300 - oil, that's a different story. Hopefully after my tune next week, I'll be cool.. I also have a 2005 coupe. Have you had anybody investigate why you burning so much gas? You're not carrying any bodies in the trunk are you?

Old 04-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't concern myself with gas mileage - you do not own a G if you're worried about mileage.

Same here just fill her up...... Hurts everytime, the way I see it is "it is what it is"

Old 04-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow...I would definitely say something is wrong, I easily get 300 miles to a tank, and probably could get more because it only take me about 17-18 gallons to fill up again, if I let it get that empty. I just installed a SC, and still get 300 - oil, that's a different story. Hopefully after my tune next week, I'll be cool.. I also have a 2005 coupe. Have you had anybody investigate why you burning so much gas? You're not carrying any bodies in the trunk are you?
Hehe, at times it does seem like it is running rich but even after resetting the ECU twice it still gets the same mpg. Would be great if there was a simple fix here but something tells me I'll end up having to deal with it . I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the plugs helping out .

Jason

Old 04-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by DGP-G35
About 12 mpg average, 95% city and not aggressive driving. Gas here is right about $4.00/gallon for 91+ octane. Just bought new plugs yesterday, hope they help a bit.

Jason
I think we have a winner! Holy crap man! I know these cars don't get good gas mileage but thats just insane!!! I hope(for your sake) those plugs do help you out! I drive 80% city and usually get about 17 mpg.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I average 14mpg. Not heavy at all on the gas. I've thought about looking into what I can do to increase it.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I was getting like 15 mpg one tank and drove until 1/4. The next day, I went autocrossing and the estimated mpg on the nav was 3.9! I reset it right before autocross just because I was curious xD

Old 04-14-2011, 11:07 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm really amazed at how bad some of your guys' gas mileage is.

As a little "test" I filled up my 2004 G35x and drove her almost abusively to see what kind of mileage i would get. I mean she saw 5k RPM's on every street (I don't normally drive like that but god damn was it fun.)

I went 210 miles on 15 gallons exact. That's 14mpg in an AWD model, ALL city.

I just filled her back up today and I'm not taking her over 2.5k and i'll post the results when i get them.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by dphillips2011
I'm really amazed at how bad some of your guys' gas mileage is.

As a little "test" I filled up my 2004 G35x and drove her almost abusively to see what kind of mileage i would get. I mean she saw 5k RPM's on every street (I don't normally drive like that but god damn was it fun.)

I went 210 miles on 15 gallons exact. That's 14mpg in an AWD model, ALL city.

I just filled her back up today and I'm not taking her over 2.5k and i'll post the results when i get them.

I thought of doing something like this but I've had my G for only about a month so theres no way I'm not gonna have some fun lol. Please let us know your results though. I'm very interested.