G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I love my infiniti, why all the hate???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 12:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love my infiniti, why all the hate???

Hey guys im new to this forum, first car infiniti G35 sedan 03 model. Brought it with 120k miles. runs like a dream not many problems. I took it for inspecting even though it was already inspected when i brought it from the auto auction. The car was worth 8k and when the total came to 9.5 i brought it. alot of people. co-workers felt i got jipped or i didnt know what i was doing. Blah, blah, blah.

Now there are a few minor tech issues, I'm repairing the belt because of cracks, i gotta replace the radio which fizzled out and change the ac control kit. And fix the motor for the lateral motion in my driver's seat. But all in all. for my first car it's wonderful.

I'm gonna be doing alot of customizing such as wood grain kit, ripping up and replacing the leather interior. upgrading the engine parts. brake kits, etc.

But all of them can only see the flaws. I only took my good friend's opinion and brought the car from what i was told because infiniti's can last a good minute.

Why all the hate? The car hasnt showed any problems yet, i use it for work and making errands. nothing cross country... lol.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:32 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
People hate cause they can't have it.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:40 AM
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
That's actually not too bad of a price for a sedan of that mileage. There's some that have reach 200k+ miles and still running strong.

FYI, you should come over to the sedan section also. It's more fun over there

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06-15/

Old 04-14-2011, 01:07 AM
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
i think the car is decently reliable. More reliable then euro brands, just not as reliable as a honda or toyota, but more fun to drive then both with the exception of a supra or nsx.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:26 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Haters hate on what they cant have.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:39 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If you ain't got HATERS you ain't doing RIGHT!!!

Old 04-14-2011, 06:04 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
My motto has always been fvck what people think about my stuff. If I'm happy with it that's all that matters. If I followed conventional wisdom I'd have never bought my rims (they're chrome) and I freaking love them and the way they transformed my car. Bottom line, do what makes you happy, not what makes everyone else happy.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by Hialeahzprep
People hate cause they can't have it.
^ +1

Originally Posted by Affalterbach
^ +1

Originally Posted by CleanRedG
If you ain't got HATERS you ain't doing RIGHT!!!
^ +1

I'm always getting sh*t from everyone(I'm 18) about how this is too nice of a car for a guy my age and I'm gonna get myself killed in it and the most common: "Wow you're spoiled I bet your parents just handed that to you didn't they.." No, I actually worked my butt off and paid for it myself.

Haha gets on my nerves when people say stuff like that

Old 04-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome aboard, Chainsaw, and no worries regarding the haters. More than a handful or 2 of peeps have gotten Gs w/100K-plus miles on 'em and not had nary a frickin hiccup of a problem.

Mostly recently, an "allegedly" spoiled 19-year old - that was good one, Nicker; screw 'em all!!! - at my car wash spot got one in that mileage range, runs it hard (not abusively).......and STILL NO PROBLEMS. Try that sh-- with BMW 3-series clocking 120K miles.

Long story short, like any good monster, the more they hate the stronger you get. And to Nicker's critics, I wish I coulda gotten this level of car when I was a late teen.........they just didn't exist. In fact, I'm kinda jealous - in a good way - but I'll get over it. Props to all you youngsters that work hard to get what you want.

Just remember Road Rule #1 as you roll:

Safety First
No Tickets
Keep 'er out the ditch

Need I say more? And as I told a newbie earlier today, we have rules, so please abide by the following at all times:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Last, but not least: When you get it and mod it, you just need to remember G35 Driver House Rule #169319:

Pictures - Pictures - Pictures!!! (Or get banned fa life. KIDDING!! No I'm not. )

We love everybody's mods.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'm gone.

Originally Posted by chainsaw shawn
Hey guys im new to this forum, first car infiniti G35 sedan 03 model. Brought it with 120k miles. runs like a dream not many problems. I took it for inspecting even though it was already inspected when i brought it from the auto auction. The car was worth 8k and when the total came to 9.5 i brought it. alot of people. co-workers felt i got jipped or i didnt know what i was doing. Blah, blah, blah.

Now there are a few minor tech issues, I'm repairing the belt because of cracks, i gotta replace the radio which fizzled out and change the ac control kit. And fix the motor for the lateral motion in my driver's seat. But all in all. for my first car it's wonderful.

I'm gonna be doing alot of customizing such as wood grain kit, ripping up and replacing the leather interior. upgrading the engine parts. brake kits, etc.

But all of them can only see the flaws. I only took my good friend's opinion and brought the car from what i was told because infiniti's can last a good minute.

Why all the hate? The car hasnt showed any problems yet, i use it for work and making errands. nothing cross country... lol.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
03 sedan 120k for 9.5?! You got ripped off buddy. Im a dealer myself and i bought my 04 coupe with 59k miles in mint condition from the auction for 11.5. Sedans run MUCH cheaper (generally 1-2k) but whatever floats your boat.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Who hates on a 8 year old car with 120k miles on it?

It's not like 8k is an expensive out of reach car for most people.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chainsaw shawn

I intentionally waited until I got 100k (more like 115) before I started modding my car... Now I'm building me a monster....

When you're being hating on, this is the place to make you feel good, there's always somebody here that will tell you to go for it...I love that...

Congrats on your car...enjoy yourself!

I need only one to feed my insanity...MUHhahhah!!!

Old 04-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Fadil13
I intentionally waited until I got 100k (more like 115) before I started modding my car... Now I'm building me a monster....

When you're being hating on, this is the place to make you feel good, there's always somebody here that will tell you to go for it...I love that...

Congrats on your car...enjoy yourself!

I need only one to feed my insanity...MUHhahhah!!!
Out of curiosity, what is the significance of 100k?

Old 04-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nicker
^ +1

^ +1

^ +1

I'm always getting sh*t from everyone(I'm 18) about how this is too nice of a car for a guy my age and I'm gonna get myself killed in it and the most common: "Wow you're spoiled I bet your parents just handed that to you didn't they.." No, I actually worked my butt off and paid for it myself.

Haha gets on my nerves when people say stuff like that
Im 22 and I hear that a lot. The only thing my parents hand me is food. I basically live on my own, while living at home (moved back in)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I love my infiniti, why all the hate???