G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Sad day at work today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 12:51 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Sad day at work today

Some chick traded in a 2005 Ivory pearl G35 with the Premium and Aero package with 19" Rays/60K miles for a 2011 Hyundai Elantra The interior is nearly immaculate and the seats in mint condition. Knowing the dealership, they will probably wholesale the car for 10-12K or auction it too bad I have my G35 already. My main goal right now is to try to convince the used car lot manager to let me swap wheels and tires since I have the 18" cast wheels.

Pics tomorrow.

Pics, the salesman said it had the "journey" package, whatever that is

Last edited by Affalterbach; 05-02-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:16 AM
Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts
That works?!?

"Excuse me sales man.. could I please give you my cheaper/smaller rims for your nice larger/more expensive ones? ok. Thanks. bai!"

Old 04-30-2011, 01:45 AM
Originally Posted by Tabris
That works?!?

"Excuse me sales man.. could I please give you my cheaper/smaller rims for your nice larger/more expensive ones? ok. Thanks. bai!"
Assuming the car is going to be wholesaled/auctioned, it probably will work. We are a new car dealership for Ford, VW, and Hyundai, the Ford side is 15 acres. Anyways, the used car sales manager only keeps cars that they think are easier to sell, mostly small 4 doors like Focus and Fusions, and some Stangs and SUVs. They don't always keep sporty cars. They wholesaled an Audi TT with 70K miles and a BMW X4 or something. Anyways, if they decide to not keep the G, there's a chance I may be able to get the wheels off it since they probably don't care about the car. They let a friend of mine pull out a pioneer double din unit from a suburban.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:23 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Good luck affalterbach!!! Hope you get the wheels

Old 04-30-2011, 02:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How is this a sad day if you may get free rims? If she didn't like the car, o well, let her have a fugly car.

Old 04-30-2011, 03:33 AM
Sad day because she traded in a mint G35 for a slow *** ugly Elantra that is no where near as BAD *** as the g35

Oh well, now she can boast about her 40mpg on the freeway, but 0-60 times of 10 minutes She traded in a car worth 15K around here for one that is 18K sticker price and she probably only got 10K for the car at best for trade-in. I know how people get raped on trade ins. The used car lot low ***** the hell out of them so they can flip the cars for 60-70% profit

Old 04-30-2011, 04:54 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Tabris
That works?!?

You'd be surprised at what works sometimes. I had an 01 Pathfinder a few years ago and wanted to get back into a Maxima. Found one at the local dealer that had a nearly identical KBB value so I took a chance and asked the salesman if we would be willing to trade me straight up, truck for car. He checked with his manager who said "We'll do it, don't have a Pathfinder on the lot and can sell it quick". So I paid $187 in title and license fees and drove off about 30 minutes later in my new Max.

My dad taught me a long time ago if you don't ask, the answer's automatically No, but if you do no matter how ridiculous the question there's a chance you might get a Yes.

Good luck OP.

Old 04-30-2011, 04:59 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
You'd be surprised at what works sometimes. I had an 01 Pathfinder a few years ago and wanted to get back into a Maxima. Found one at the local dealer that had a nearly identical KBB value so I took a chance and asked the salesman if we would be willing to trade me straight up, truck for car. He checked with his manager who said "We'll do it, don't have a Pathfinder on the lot and can sell it quick". So I paid $187 in title and license fees and drove off about 30 minutes later in my new Max.

My dad taught me a long time ago if you don't ask, the answer's automatically No, but if you do no matter how ridiculous the question there's a chance you might get a Yes.

Good luck OP.
Thanks! If he says yes, I will try and go for the driver seat after I swap the wheels I only wish it was a 2006. I would swap the lights for the 06 projectors in a heart beat

Old 04-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Affalterbach
Sad day because she traded in a mint G35 for a slow *** ugly Elantra that is no where near as BAD *** as the g35

Oh well, now she can boast about her 40mpg on the freeway, but 0-60 times of 10 minutes She traded in a car worth 15K around here for one that is 18K sticker price and she probably only got 10K for the car at best for trade-in. I know how people get raped on trade ins. The used car lot low ***** the hell out of them so they can flip the cars for 60-70% profit
She most likely drove the G cause she thought it was cute and brag to her friends about it. I bet shes never been over 75 in that G. My mom pisses me off when I'm riding with her and she calls a car cute. IDK why, it just does.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:38 AM
Tomorrow I will know the future of those 19" rays. If I can't get those, I'll get Tenzo Type M later from top speed auto sports.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:11 AM
Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts
I'm still amazed by people clamoring over these 19' Rays. They don't even look that good... I wouldn't trade my 18's for them, I like the spoke design better. I think everyone else gets wrapped up in a sheep mentality. The cool kids say They are awesome....

Old 05-02-2011, 12:10 PM
I just want those Rays forged wheels, better than my stock cast bs. Powdercoat them black and get spacers and I'm good.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Well to each his own, but I think the Ray's definately look better than the stock 18's

Old 05-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
If they wholesale the car for what you suggest, she obviously got screwed on her trade..

The wheels are meh IMO. No big deal.

I don't blame her on the trade. Looking at the car, she obviously thought of it as a transportation appliance and nothing more. She's probably tired fo dumping ridiculous money into the gas tank for little return on the investment.

Elantra is a great car.

NEWSFLASH - not everyone tries to live their life a quarter mile at a time or worries about what their 0-60 is.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Bob.On.Whidbey
If they wholesale the car for what you suggest, she obviously got screwed on her trade..

The wheels are meh IMO. No big deal.

I don't blame her on the trade. Looking at the car, she obviously thought of it as a transportation appliance and nothing more. She's probably tired fo dumping ridiculous money into the gas tank for little return on the investment.

Elantra is a great car.

NEWSFLASH - not everyone tries to live their life a quarter mile at a time or worries about what their 0-60 is.
This.

I wax poetic about my car, I get second and third looks with a nice car thrown in even when its dirty. But my wife just sees it as a "car" A guy at work sees it as amhigher tax bracket for the road tax over here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sad day at work today