G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

thoughts on what I was wanting to do with my g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thoughts on what I was wanting to do with my g35

my g35 is a 2003 blue one with brembos. it has veilside side skirt add ons and rear bumper. It has had a later model spoiler installed pretty badly. the rear bumper could use repainting to match better.

I'm wanting to buy and install these parts or labors

carbon oem style hood
enkei rpf 1's in 18 inch with 10.5 wide back and 8.5 front. wheels are in black.
blue lugs for wheels
carbon trunk with lip style spoiler.
coilovers and camber plate to lower 1.2-1.4 inches
I want to paint the roof black to match the hood and trunk
I am removing the side skirt add ons.
I am getting the rear bumper repainted and fitted better to make it look better with it.
I really want a carbon front diffuser for it that's actually functional. any input on that would be appreciated. if someone can lead me to something I'd like.

opinions on what I'm wanting to do would be appreciated. I think this would look really good, but I haven't seen one like it yet. I am pretty sure that someone has done something similar just haven't seen it.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
I'm not much of a fan of big unpainted CF parts, but if that's the look you're going for, your plans sound good. Couple things though.

Offsets on wheels?

Get the CF Strafespeed trunk.

Good move on removing the add-ons, but I'd either get a stock or CS rear. Never liked anything from Veilside, personal taste.

Do you have the stock front? A front diffuser goes well with the nismo or Inven fronts.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 239 Likes on 159 Posts
Hello =)

my g35 is a 2003 blue one with brembos. it has veilside side skirt add ons and rear bumper. It has had a later model spoiler installed pretty badly. the rear bumper could use repainting to match better.

"I'm wanting to buy and install these parts or labors"

carbon oem style hood
$500 - OEM G35 Hood

enkei rpf 1's in 18 inch with 10.5 wide back and 8.5 front. wheels are in black.
Don't have =( But I do have some nice looking AGWheels (link) and TE Replicas if you're interested

blue lugs for wheels
Take a Look at our LugNut Thread $61.75 for a set of Muteki Nuts in Blue Heres a Picture

carbon trunk with lip style spoiler.
$650 original CARBONFIBER Hikkata Dori Trunk

coilovers and camber plate to lower 1.2-1.4 inches
$999 SHIPPED BC-Racing BR Coilovers

I want to paint the roof black to match the hood and trunk
$350 w/3year warranty paint if you're in socal

I am removing the side skirt add ons.
depending on how they were put on if they were glued you might need to repaint your sides

I am getting the rear bumper repainted and fitted better to make it look better with it.
$350 for repaint as well - work a deal with the roof if you're in socal

I really want a carbon front diffuser for it that's actually functional. any input on that would be appreciated. if someone can lead me to something I'd like.
In Stock! $240 modified NISMO CARBONFIBER Diffuser SHIPPED!

However, ALL 'NISMO'-'STYLE' Diffusers are NOT FUNCTIONAL they are just a rear cosmetic piece that goes on the OEM rear bumper. The only functional diffuser would be Top Secret's Rear Diffuser the price is hefty and comes in multiple pieces. There are copies of it out there however they're never wind tunnel tested.

Why? Our g35s don't really need a rear diffuser unlike the G37 sedans and such because of the way our rear muffler canister is designed. If you actually take off your rear muffler you'll see an extra piece welded to the canister. This aerodynamically connects the rear bumper to the rear chassis (flat undertray). Because of this the G35 does not need a rear diffuser. UNLESS.. you swap out your exhaust for any dual pipe exhaust. When you do so you create a huge hole (where the OEM canister muffler went) between the rear bumper and the chassis. However, because of the many many different designs and styles of exhausts a 'one-size-fit-all' diffuser was never created. It was attempted many times and back in 05-07 many members almost created one, but because of the different exhaust styles they all turned into custom pieces and was never molded and mass produced.

opinions on what I'm wanting to do would be appreciated. I think this would look really good, but I haven't seen one like it yet. I am pretty sure that someone has done something similar just haven't seen it.
You have a PM =)

Last edited by BAUSauto; 05-17-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Silencer_0
I'm not much of a fan of big unpainted CF parts, but if that's the look you're going for, your plans sound good. Couple things though.

Offsets on wheels?

Get the CF Strafespeed trunk.

Good move on removing the add-ons, but I'd either get a stock or CS rear. Never liked anything from Veilside, personal taste.

Do you have the stock front? A front diffuser goes well with the nismo or Inven fronts.
I know it sounds cheesy, but I have liked the unpainted carbon style on trunks and hoods since I was 13. This is the first car I thought it would look good on.I have a classic porsche and had a 92camaro, 94 camaro z28, jetta tdi (extremely modified made gobs of power, but only had wheels and stock body aside from it), and a trd camry. None of them would look good with this look, but g35 does to me. I am going for the whole two tone look on it, not just a hood or trunk. I know it's kinda "street" or whatever you want to call it. some people would even call it ricer. I just like the look when you make other things pull the color other places. the black wheels and roof would make it fit together to me. I'm probably painting the grill black or getting one of the mesh ones with the body color surround. you start talking about carbon side mirrors and all that I'm out. but hood and trunk I like.

I am actually looking at the nismo front. has a good look. I just have a stock front bumper right now.

side skirts do look kinda off on it.

strafespeed was the style I was gonna go with on the trunk I think. not the v2... don't like the v2 look one. the original was better looking to me.