G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Alignment question with pic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
Alignment question with pic

I installed my 350z tokico hp shocks and Z H Tech springs about 2 weeks ago and just got my alignment today. Anyone with this setup, does this look about average? Also, Firestone wouldn't let me get the lifetime alignment package because I have non OEM springs and shocks. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Here's what she looks like now. I actually raised the car about an inch because the previous owner cut the springs(retard, I know).

Old 06-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Not sure about the alignment but that sucks, I have firestone lifetime warranty too.. Wheels look great tho!

Old 06-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by walshtj
Not sure about the alignment but that sucks, I have firestone lifetime warranty too.. Wheels look great tho!
Yea I couldn't believe it. Maybe I can go to a different firestone and see if they will do. Thanks buddy!

Old 06-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
I would check with another firestone. The one by my house said they would have to align my car to factory specs (which isnt going to happen) so I called another and the guy said that they could align my car no problem. I went with the lifetime alignment and have had it adjusted twice now in the past few months.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by 4D05G35
I would check with another firestone. The one by my house said they would have to align my car to factory specs (which isnt going to happen) so I called another and the guy said that they could align my car no problem. I went with the lifetime alignment and have had it adjusted twice now in the past few months.

They said they can align your car no problem? What drop do you have? I thought this was impossible with a drop. Anyway, I will go to another shop and see if I can get that lifetime alignment bc I know I'll need it! Can anyone comment on the post alignment specs in the picture? Is it back, close enough to spec so I don't have to worry much about premature tire wear? I just wasn't sure if changing the shocks/springs makes the specs different from factory. Thanks!

Old 06-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by 4D05G35
I would check with another firestone. The one by my house said they would have to align my car to factory specs (which isnt going to happen) so I called another and the guy said that they could align my car no problem. I went with the lifetime alignment and have had to have it adjusted twice in the past few months
Alignment done correctly assuming no other changes have taken place is done once and it's set for years. No wonder places like Firestoned gives life time alignment warrantys, it's never done right the first time! Forget Firestone/Goodyear, PepBoys and Sears find an reliable independent brake/alignment shop in your area you won't need to have your alignment done more than once every 5 years....if then!
Gary

Old 06-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Alignment done correctly assuming no other changes have taken place is done once and it's set for years. No wonder places like Firestoned gives life time alignment warrantys, it's never done right the first time! Forget Firestone/Goodyear, PepBoys and Sears find an reliable independent brake/alignment shop in your area you won't need to have your alignment done more than once every 5 years....if then!
Gary
Was mine done right? I mean, I know it's not going to be perfect but is it good enough? Gary, I know you know everything so please answer lol.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Gary
Very much worth it though if you are running coils and adjust your suspension every so often to tweak it to your desires. Or if you are running any airsetups.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by MADtotheA
They said they can align your car no problem? What drop do you have? I thought this was impossible with a drop. Anyway, I will go to another shop and see if I can get that lifetime alignment bc I know I'll need it! Can anyone comment on the post alignment specs in the picture? Is it back, close enough to spec so I don't have to worry much about premature tire wear? I just wasn't sure if changing the shocks/springs makes the specs different from factory. Thanks!
Align to the specs I wanted. I am on coilovers and have a rear camber kit with TOE bolts. The Toe front and rear is in spec, camber is at 2.1 degree front and rear. I can't run anymore positive camber in the rear so I am not going to bother with getting a front camber kit.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Gary
Let me back up a little bit. I had them do my alignment after I installed my coilovers and new wheels. I made some changes to my ride height and took the car back in for a new alignment (since it's free). I also wanted them to pull out as much of the negative camber as possible (from 3 degree to 2 degree) without causing my tires to rub on my fender. There was nothing wrong with the work that they did, the realignment was because of my doing. I plan to stop in there annually for a quick check up. There is a firestone next to the grocery store that I shop at so ill just have them check it out while I pick up dinner.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Once again lol, is my camber ok??

Old 06-18-2011, 10:22 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Your camber will slowly wear the inside edge of your tires since it's out of OEM spec. Shouldn't be a big deal since you're close, but rear camber arms might not be a bad idea. They're good insurance at around $200 to help insure long tire life.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:54 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
I would personally bring down your toe a bit on the rear right, or at least make them match each other... But you should be fine with wear.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Your camber will slowly wear the inside edge of your tires since it's out of OEM spec. Shouldn't be a big deal since you're close, but rear camber arms might not be a bad idea. They're good insurance at around $200 to help insure long tire life.
I am debating whether or not to get camber arms. It's so close that I feel it's not worth it. I dunno I guess I'll just let it ride and see what happens.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by Xet
I would personally bring down your toe a bit on the rear right, or at least make them match each other... But you should be fine with wear.
Why do you say that? It's within spec..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alignment question with pic