G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 vs Genesis

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
i have a stock 05 G35 coupe 6MT and a modified 04 G35 sedan 5AT. i live in el paso tx as well and am down to run at the track

my friend has a 2010 genesis 2.0T auto and i have raced him a few times with the 6MT coupe and its close but i won twice (both cars stock)

post pics of your Genesis man. what mods do you have?

i have another buddy that has a 6MT Genesis and man do i love that car. will the right mods they can rape all day long

Old 08-16-2011, 08:46 PM
N80
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have a 45hp Kubota tractor. Bone stock. I take it to the track sometimes and it always gets beat by everything. Even my buddy with a mildly modded Yugo beats it. Quarter mile times are like 2.5 minutes. I can never get it to smoke the tires and it doesn't drift worth a crap. I hate it. It is a piece of junk. No one should buy a Kubota tractor because they suck on the drag strip.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
I have another car I use as a daily. I would sell the G but no one is willing to pay KBB value for the car. Again, all offers are ALL from HS kids. Who wants to test drive the car, but I doubt they have money to purchase it. So I tell them to find another G in their price range.
Oh... wasn't that amusing! No one is willing to pay KBB because KBB is not a realistic price. You just hang on to your G35 and as every year goes by it's worth less and less. My guess is it isn't paid for yet. For anybody who doesn't know this is the famous Blogger G35's Suck. It's a damn shame that someone has so little going on in their life that the only way they can get any recognition is by posting negative posts on a forum and establishing a blog that is nothing but negative posts that make no sense. Quite frankly it appears he writes them himself. Oh and although he hates G35's he's very willing to make a buck by selling G35 tee shirts and stickers. I find alot of your merchandise to be in very poor taste and your violating copyright laws by using manufacturer logos. It appears that the problem is not that HS kids don't have the money to pay way to much for your car but, you don't have enough money to replace a car you supposedly hate. But if you sold it what would you use to get attention.

Last edited by BlkCoupe; 08-16-2011 at 10:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Beebo (08-16-2011)
Old 08-17-2011, 12:02 AM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
Oh... wasn't that amusing! No one is willing to pay KBB because KBB is not a realistic price. You just hang on to your G35 and as every year goes by it's worth less and less. My guess is it isn't paid for yet. For anybody who doesn't know this is the famous Blogger G35's Suck. It's a damn shame that someone has so little going on in their life that the only way they can get any recognition is by posting negative posts on a forum and establishing a blog that is nothing but negative posts that make no sense. Quite frankly it appears he writes them himself. Oh and although he hates G35's he's very willing to make a buck by selling G35 tee shirts and stickers. I find alot of your merchandise to be in very poor taste and your violating copyright laws by using manufacturer logos. It appears that the problem is not that HS kids don't have the money to pay way to much for your car but, you don't have enough money to replace a car you supposedly hate. But if you sold it what would you use to get attention.
LOL, not paid off. Title in hand son. Car has 12k miles. How much do you think it's worth.

Because the offer I have gotten so far is 10-15k.

You even created a thread and offered to buy my car. I PM you several time. What happened?

The fact that you believe a G in mint condition, with 12k miles, fully loaded, navi, RAS everything, is worth 10k tells me you too believe this car is crap. LOL

Old 08-17-2011, 12:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beebo
i have a stock 05 G35 coupe 6MT and a modified 04 G35 sedan 5AT. i live in el paso tx as well and am down to run at the track

my friend has a 2010 genesis 2.0T auto and i have raced him a few times with the 6MT coupe and its close but i won twice (both cars stock)

post pics of your Genesis man. what mods do you have?

i have another buddy that has a 6MT Genesis and man do i love that car. will the right mods they can rape all day long
The Genesis 2.0t auto's are a joke, something about their transmission that the gears do not shift well when racing(not bashing on your friend just saying)....

I'd post pictures but i'm not to sure how to on this forum...

My mods are I/TBE/FMIC/Tuned by speedfactory, i'm down to race which ever one LOL your other friend does he have the turbo or v6??

Old 08-17-2011, 02:45 AM
yeah i hate the auto genesis... the 6MT genesis is a 2.0T as well

god i ****ing hate speed factory... iv had nothing but problems with them

nice mods what power are you making?

his is a picture of my sedan with my friends 6MT 2.0T in the background

Name:  IMG00059-20110115-1550.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  250.0 KB

only mods are intake, plenum, exhaust, and grounding kit.

next mods are ART pipes, 3.7 FD gears w/ VLSD, TransGo valve body, Orises (SP?) tune

then in a year i may go supercharged or twin snails but not sure since my car is so low

Old 08-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DAMN your G35 look ****in sick...i'm feeling those wheels! Those are some sweet mods, as of right now i'm pushing 230.2whp and 274.9wtq
Yeah I had a hard time picking a shop to do my tune on my car cause everyone I talked to talked **** about every shop. SVS/Luna/Speedfactory/Del and the only reason why I went with speedfactory was because they were the only ones that knew what c.m.d dynojet did on my car, which is a tunning device.

Name:  Genesis20tdyno.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  70.7 KB

future mods i think for me would be stage 2 clutch/750cc injectors/ATP350hp turbo and a retune.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:49 PM
nice numbers man. my car has more HP but you have more TQ and thats what counts lol

my car is all show and no go right but im still down to run at the track for the hell of it

btw join photobucket.com upload your pics then copy the IMG and paste it to your post on here

Old 08-17-2011, 04:55 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Stick to parking backward and taking pictures.
I'll stick to parking backwards and taking images. Makes me happy. I'm not trying to prove how fast my car is. I know how little power my car actually produces.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by konxeptionz
I'll stick to parking backwards and taking images. Makes me happy. I'm not trying to prove how fast my car is. I know how little power my car actually produces.
i love how G35 Suck guy thinks we all really think are cars are the fastest thing on the road and that not the case at all... our cars have decent power for daily driving and im fine with that lol

Old 08-17-2011, 05:13 PM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
LOL, not paid off. Title in hand son. Car has 12k miles. How much do you think it's worth.

Because the offer I have gotten so far is 10-15k.

You even created a thread and offered to buy my car. I PM you several time. What happened?

The fact that you believe a G in mint condition, with 12k miles, fully loaded, navi, RAS everything, is worth 10k tells me you too believe this car is crap. LOL
How much would you sell it for? PM me if you'd like.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:24 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by Beebo
our cars have decent power for daily driving and im fine with that lol
I agree with ya Beebs.

Hopefully, I can muster the courage to throw my car around on the Auto X course though. I need better suspension and wheels first though.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:29 PM
N80
Listen to you guys bragging about HP and quarter mile times and whose car farts the loudest.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:53 PM
N80
I disagree with folks who say the G does not have good power. First, its pretty subjective. Second, compared to what? I've driven cars with more HP that get less of it to the rear wheels so manufacturer flywheel HP specs don't mean much.

And even though I think it is great that people drag race them and modify them for straight line racing, that clearly is not what this car was made to do best.

I personally find the car to have very good power when driving in the curves. Keep the revs above 4500, shift above 6000 and the car performs quite well, particularly pulling in 3rd and 4th gear. Just right for pulling out of a corner. So I think the power thing is relative to what you are doing and trying to smoke a tuner in a civic at a stop light is not the only measure of what you can do in this car.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I didn't read the whole thread it only took a few post because I literally started to LOL, what the mods on this 15.5 second quarter mile beast? I considered the gc before I got my g I wouldnt of took the 2.0 for free, it felt slower than my 4 banger ranger I had back in high school

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 vs Genesis