G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

what do you think of this build- TRUE DRIVERS RESPOND

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 02:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what do you think of this build- TRUE DRIVERS RESPOND

So im bored and a little tipsy gazing about possible builds ive been thinking about for a while. Im already dropped got aggesive wheels RPF1 (f19X8.5 ofst:+4 225-35 r 19x10 245-35 ofst:24 (i know kinda streched) brembo breaks but I want to take it to the next level. I eventually want to go built TT on my 04 6mt coupe, but i have been thinking bout something a little smaller but still legit to start out.
This sounds sick to me,
The kinetx velocity manifold( ive got the stillen hit flow air box which i love as well as the plenum spacer but id swap for the kinetix manifold) Go back to my test pipes which where SICK and get a true dual exaust, Possibly headers except for the damn install cost. Osirus tune of course, then im tryna get some cams not sure how aggessive but something like that maybe some forged internals pistons and rods and POSSIBLY lower the compression ratio for boost WAY down the road (dont know if thats the best option at the time). Since i honestly wont be able to afford tt for a WHILE i was thinking if i built the motor a little would I be able to run at least a 75shot of NOS through it becuase I like highway driving and that would suffice for the time being. All this is planing to mod before tt when i can afford that in five years lol. I want to be super stock beast N/A if you know what I mean for the time being. BTW I love to autoX and am all about driving aggresively. Im bout to get the stoptech slotted (**** drilled) rotors and stailsteel lines for the brembos as a sorta BBk upgrade.
Im pretty set on that list but open to fedback.
Also if anyone has experience on stripping the car for weight reduction that would be legit because I am very intersted.
Let me know what you think of this build!!!!

The following users liked this post:
ThatOneDude (08-29-2011)
Old 08-29-2011, 02:41 AM
Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts
This. This right here. This is good ****. Uncensored, raw passion and forward thinking.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by ThatOneDude
This. This right here. This is good ****. Uncensored, raw passion and forward thinking.
Dude thats what im about none of that bullshit I tryna drive and make the best of what i can get in response advice and straight to the point

Old 08-29-2011, 03:09 AM
damn ive kinda had a few too many but my main point would be a light wieght semi-built motor of the g running some nos because i am a fien for top speeds i just dont know what goes into sprayin nos

Old 08-29-2011, 06:40 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Until you go FI forget about the Kinetix plenum. It looks nice but provides no gains on NA vehicles, I've even seen it lose power on dynos posted here. I don't know what car you drive but if you have a non-revup stick with the spacer. If you have a rev-up you need to add an MREV2 lower plenum to see any gains. The spacer by itself is essentially worthless, straight from the mouth of Tony at MD.

Everything else sounds good.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Not going to get much out of N/A so just get the basics for now: 5/16 spacer, MREV2(rev-up engine), HFCs or TPs, and top it off with Osiris. Don't bother getting headers, they sound great but gains are minimal. What year is your car and 5AT or 6MT?

Old 08-29-2011, 12:31 PM
04 6MT im trying to strip it too not the dash but just the heavy sound deadening

Old 08-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Until you go FI forget about the Kinetix plenum. It looks nice but provides no gains on NA vehicles, I've even seen it lose power on dynos posted here. I don't know what car you drive but if you have a non-revup stick with the spacer. If you have a rev-up you need to add an MREV2 lower plenum to see any gains. The spacer by itself is essentially worthless, straight from the mouth of Tony at MD.

Everything else sounds good.
+1 The ssv wont do anything for N/A. the spacer is the best option. Depending on how many miles you have on ur car you could go to a lightweight flywheel. definetly go with TPs and a tune and be good for now, put the $$ towards a TT kit. our motors are pushed pretty good from factory, not much to be had from bolt ons... make it turn good, then sound good, then make it look good with some show wheels. If you autox ur wheels are good but go with beefier and sticky rubber next time around.

also im doing a rear seat delete as we speak. Im going to post a thread about it when its done and if i can keep costs low i might sell them on the forum (should be up in a 2-3 weeks) it saves about 60-65 lbs in total.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:34 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Hang with what you have now and enjoy. When the time comes to go TT have a pro build you a 4.2 with strong internals so it will live.
Gary

Old 08-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
I wouldn't do the rear seat delete. Sure 50 lbs is great, but you'd get the same out of running your car on empty all the time.

And by removing weight in the rear you are making the chassis more front biased. You'll end up with more understeer and less traction.

The following users liked this post:
ThatOneDude (08-29-2011)
Old 08-29-2011, 05:39 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
OP - STOP. You should spend a little more time on the forum to research mods.. The kinetix plenum is nothing but a waste of money. You don't need to buy cams.. What research did you do to confirm that the kinetix/cams gives you any and or price significant gains? You need a list.

If you want the BEST performance out of your stock motor I would ABSOLUTELY recommend the following.

-Motordyne ART Pipes
-Motodyne Shockwave TDX2 (seriously, worth every f****** penny)
-Motordyne Plenum spacer 5/16" (you do not need the Mrev2 with your year)
-Upgrade your clutch/flywheel. (JWT is excellent for the price)
-Find a Rev-Up OEM Infiniti G35 intake. 2005+ 6mt intakes ONLY
-Z tube
-Dry flow filter. Oils always end up getting on the ECU
-Get a TUNE! Tune is so important and so essential especially with aftermarket parts.

-Oh yea, GET A TUNE.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:05 PM
rarejdm.com

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
If you daily the car don't strip out the sound deadening, seats, carpet, etc. As soon as you remove the sound deadening you'll notice an increase in heat coming from the floor, as well as increased road noise. If you pull out the carpet things will only get worse, and your feet will roast. Unless you're completely gutting everything (carpet, headliner, rear seats, panels, radio, speakers, amp, etc) and changing out to lighter racing buckets, the small increase in performance from the minimal weight reduction is definitely not worth the loss in comfort. I would only start gutting the car if you track heavily.

For autocross and most road course/time attack events, they don't allow the use of NOS, so that may be something to look into before decide to go that route. For the street though, I've ridden in a car with a 75 shot and it's pretty fun. Another thing to consider is that the autocross has less to do with power, and more to do with handling of the car and the driver. Ever notice how the under-powered Miata's (and S200's as well) are typically dominating the event, while the high horsepower Mustangs and Vettes are turning in terrible times lol. Focus on suspension, brakes, and get some good tires. I would also get some less aggressive wheels and run the biggest tires you can with as little stretch as possible - again, this is only if you plan of doing more track events.

As far as the NA build, unless you have a bunch of cash to dump into it or have a good reason to stay NA, I would reconsider. I'd recommend saving up for a Vortech setup and making more power than a built NA for much less. Built NA is hard to get 300hp to the wheels, a Vortech will easily see high 300hp to the wheel and cost much less.

These are just my opinions, good luck on the build with whatever you decide!