G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

New to driver Need Help With a Question/Problem Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2011 | 11:59 AM
|
Question New to driver Need Help With a Question/Problem Please

Hey guys,

As the title says I'm new to driver. I just picked up an 06 black obsidian 5AT coupe about two weeks ago. However, I have come across a problem I cannot figure out and I'm hoping to find someone with some insight on the problem...

I have been using the buttons on the door to lock/unlock my car. Everything worked fine with that for a few days but just the other day I got in the car after using the door button (exterior) to unlock the car and when I got inside the car, everything completely shut down. There was no power at all. After a minute or so the cd player sounded as though it were starting to change discs and then without touching anything the car powered back up, started and ran fine. Now, this happened again a day later, except this time there was no cd disc changing, no power, no nothing. It's as though the car is completely dead. To make matters worse my spare key is inside the car and I have locked it in, so now I have no way of getting into my car because it's like all is dead.

Anyone with some info would be greatly appreciated. Again I'm new so please don't flame this post. I was searching endlessly for something similar and couldn't find anything so I wrote this up. Thanks.

Old 10-02-2011 | 06:00 PM
If you have your main key unlock the door manually and pop the trunk. It is worth a try to take the battery out and get it tested. If its bad replace it if its good leave it disconnected for a few hours and put it back in that may reset the computer.

Old 10-02-2011 | 10:19 PM
Welcome to DRIVER, we were all new once read every thread you can....knowledge is power!
No, do not leave your batter disconnected for more than an hour your ECU will begin to forget what it's job is and you'll have bigger issues. If you're having issues using the inside buttons to lock/unlock your G use the key fob remote, that's what it's for.
Gary