G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Kuruma Z and speedbumps?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No for touching up the bottom front when his learning how close to pull up to those parking things that stop you from going into the next parking stall.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:51 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
OP you need to move! lol
Off topic, I finally made it to a signature quote, yay! lol Thx blue dream btw best medical bud I've smoked

Old 10-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by InvaderXin
WTF for? So he can touch up the bottom?
I really love answering dumb questions especially when they include WTF....
No Invader, so when he gets against one of those parking lot stops and scratches his bumper he'll have a way to touch it up. Trying to touch up the bottom is a waste of time. Most of us that have owned the KurumaZ bumper for any length of time have had it painted more than once!
Gary

Old 10-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
I think the OP should do it. Get the lowest one you can find. As we all know "Looks" are far more important than functionality and driveability any day. Lol....

Flame suit on.....

Old 10-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
[QUOTE=Texasscout;6183355]I think the OP should do it. Get the lowest one you can find. As we all know "Looks" are far more important than functionality and driveability any day. Lol....Flame suit on.....

Lol! Yeah, I've decided to get the KZ. The hell with the speedbumps.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by messinax
Lol! Yeah, I've decided to get the KZ. The hell with the speedbumps.

Gary

Old 10-25-2011, 05:55 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by gary c
I really love answering dumb questions especially when they include WTF....
Thanks for confirming your maturity level, especially coming from a person who is as old as you are.

Originally Posted by gary c
No Invader, so when he gets against one of those parking lot stops and scratches his bumper he'll have a way to touch it up. Trying to touch up the bottom is a waste of time. Most of us that have owned the KurumaZ bumper for any length of time have had it painted more than once!
Gary
Then if this is true, then you should know that no amount of touch up paint will ever fix any of the scrapes, cracks, and scuffs he will get if he hits one of those speed bumps.

Also, since you've owned the Kuruma for so long, then you should also know that even if he hits the speed bump straight on, he'll still scuff up the front lip of the bumper, rendering the touch up paint completely obsolete. And when he angles and scrapes his bumper, it will scratch up the bottom of the bumper, once again making the touch up paint completely useless.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:13 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Itasha Coupe
And you know what, I was feeling artistic so I decided to draw a diagram to back up my claim. So, here you go Gary.

When he hits the speed bump straight on, or even angle, it is going to do 1 of 2 things.

Number one, the bumper would flex downward, effectively damaging the front of his bumper (most likely scuffing the paint) and flexing it, causing the paint to bend and then spider-web crack, something that no amount of touch up paint will EVER fix.

Number two, the bumper will flex upward and he'll clear the speed bump, only scratching the bottom surface of the bumper, which I may add, that you stated, "Trying to touch up the bottom is a waste of time."

So again, I'm back to my original question of why would you suggest him buy touch up paint while he is learning to drive with one the lowest aftermarket bumpers out there?

Old 10-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts
Reminds me of Yoshi's Island...

Old 10-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
And you know what, I was feeling artistic so I decided to draw a diagram to back up my claim. So, here you go Gary.

When he hits the speed bump straight on, or even angle, it is going to do 1 of 2 things.

Number one, the bumper would flex downward, effectively damaging the front of his bumper (most likely scuffing the paint) and flexing it, causing the paint to bend and then spider-web crack, something that no amount of touch up paint will EVER fix.

Number two, the bumper will flex upward and he'll clear the speed bump, only scratching the bottom surface of the bumper, which I may add, that you stated, "Trying to touch up the bottom is a waste of time."

So again, I'm back to my original question of why would you suggest him buy touch up paint while he is learning to drive with one the lowest aftermarket bumpers out there?

I had just an aftermarket front lip on mine, it was toast in less than a year and it wasn't even that low.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:12 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by Texasscout
I had just an aftermarket front lip on mine, it was toast in less than a year and it wasn't even that low.
According to Gary, you should have bought touch up paint to fix it.

Old 10-29-2011, 04:45 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Old 10-29-2011, 05:25 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Its really not that hard to learn. Hit everything slowly with the wheel turned almost all the way and you wont ever scrape.

I scraped the **** out of it before i knew how to drive a lowered car, but now I havent scraped in months

Speedbumps are not a problem, its all in the skill of the driver

Old 10-29-2011, 05:34 PM
According to Gary, you should have bought touch up paint to fix it.
Well now that you've run your mouth for how many posts and I guess because of my age I have the ability to adapt to circumstances you couldn't figure out by using touch up paint. I've had my bumper hit by those truck retreads, driven into parking lot stops and even hit curbs where my KurumaZ bumper was twisted. It always bounced back thanks to urethane and I always had touch up paint to fix whatever scratches I incurred. What could possibly be wrong with that? Check my Avatar, see any blems? Must be time for another WTF....
Gary

Last edited by gary c; 10-29-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Oh lols.

really isn't that hard considering you probably aren't low enough since your going over speed bumps in the first place . Common sense should kick in when going over one at that height

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kuruma Z and speedbumps?