G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2004 G35 Engine shuts off w/Service Engine Soon, Slip and VDC OFF on dash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 05 G35 sedan and just had to replace all three sensors, 2 CAM Sensors and 1 CRANK Sensor. I used aftermarket parts from Advanced Auto and had no problems with the aftermarket parts. I bought the sensors on-line and saved an extra 20% off the costs. The three sensors cost me less than $100 bucks, the dealer price was over $200.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:37 PM
So I have a 2004 G35 sedan and after changing out all camshaft and crankshaft sensors myself the problem still persists. My mechanic told me the sensors have been upgraded so I need to buy the new upgraded sensors. He told me he could order them and install them for me which will cost $500! I think he is trying to rip me off. Does anyone know about this? Have the sensors been upgraded? I bought my oem sensors from Oriely Automotive.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:04 PM
When I replaced my sensors, which came from Advanced Auto which is after-market, ever had a problem with them. The dealer should be able to tell you, or for that matter a parts store, if they have been upgraded. $500 bucks seems really expensive. It took me about 30 minutes in my driveway and I think about $100 for all 3 sensors.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:53 PM
what are the symptoms of a bad Cam sensor????

Old 10-02-2013, 04:59 PM
I had this happened to me about 2 months ago. It ended up being the Throttle Body Sensor. Got it replaced at Oakville Infiniti and haven't had a problem since.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:49 PM
I replaced both sensors. Had autozone reset the board, ran fine for 1 day. next day had a hard time starting the car, after it started the 3 lights got turned on again. It only happens if the engine is warm.
If I reset the code and start the car only once a day it runs fine but If I turn it off while it's hot and try to turn it back on, it's having a hard time to start and it take about 3 seconds to turn.

Any ideas, help would be appreciated.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by infiniti2004G35
I replaced both sensors. Had autozone reset the board, ran fine for 1 day. next day had a hard time starting the car, after it started the 3 lights got turned on again. It only happens if the engine is warm.
If I reset the code and start the car only once a day it runs fine but If I turn it off while it's hot and try to turn it back on, it's having a hard time to start and it take about 3 seconds to turn.

Any ideas, help would be appreciated.
try cleaning the MAF sensor?

when mine was dirty.. cold starts would be good.. warm starts.. the car would struggle at low RPM and shut off.. after cleaning it.. it was fixed.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joedaddy1
try cleaning the MAF sensor?

when mine was dirty.. cold starts would be good.. warm starts.. the car would struggle at low RPM and shut off.. after cleaning it.. it was fixed.
This same thing has been happening to me. Now that I really think about it that makes sense with the breather mods my car has. I'm going to give this a try and hopefully this will stop. The car almost stalled out on the highway for me this morning

Old 06-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Did your car dieded?? Any updates??

Old 08-06-2014, 03:59 AM
hello guys i know what am i going to say sound stupid but anyone ever faced an issue when he parked the car in sun and when the car gets hot from the inside the vdc slip light come on without even turning on the car? and when its turn on it run low on gas ... when i turn the AC on next to the feet and wait till its get cool, the vdc slip light disappear!!!

Last edited by Nat Youness; 08-06-2014 at 04:23 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:55 AM
Looking over the folks with the same problem as I'm having with my '05 G35 Coupe (6 Speed), curious if you guys can report what in the end fixed the stalling problem (and VDC/Slip lights on)? I have replaced both cam sensors and the crank sensor, but the problem persist. Don't know what to try next. Help!!

Old 07-05-2015, 10:48 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
REset computer

Did you reset the computer after you replaced the sensors? You have to reset the computer either with the scanner that that the dealers have or by doing the "pedal dance" where you use a certain combination of key turns and throttle applications to reset the computer.

When I had similar problems, the general consensus was that the aftermarket sensors are problematic and/or don't last very long. If you buy your parts from sewellpartsonline (I believe they are a forum sponsor), you're basically getting OEM parts at wholesale prices plus you get a g35driver discount for being a forum member. When I replaced all 3 of my sensors, I think I paid like $150 total for all 3. If you go to the Sewell Infiniti parts counter, the prices are a lot higher, so order online or call them and mention the g35driver discount.

Try the ECU reset (search for it on this forum or online, it's not too hard to find)

Old 07-20-2017, 05:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys, anyone ever end up fixing their problems AFTER they had already replaced the sensors? My 05 coupe has 155k and was throwing the p0345 code I just replaced both camshaft sensors and the crankshaft sensor with the upgraded OEM sensors straight from Nissan/Infiniti. After I replaced them I had autozone clear the code and then later that day after some driving the same symptoms happened again and it is still throwing the same code. SES light, VDC and Slip lights on, and the car not wanting to start when it's hot. I haven't tried cleaning the MAF yet but I guess I should try that before taking it to my local mechanic. Any other ideas? I'm lost now.

Old 07-22-2017, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Sometimes replacement sensors just don't work. Get codes read again.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First I just replaced the driver side one with a sensor from NAPA because that was the code it was throwing (p0345). Then that didn't work so I replaced all three with direct oem sensors from Infiniti and now the problem still persists and the code is still p0345. Probably taking it to the shop next week.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2004 G35 Engine shuts off w/Service Engine Soon, Slip and VDC OFF on dash