G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

04 G35 coupe wont' start. Please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2011 | 04:03 PM
You could do the spark plugs on your own. It's pretty easy. There's a good DIY on here too. If its your starter, not sure why that would cost. We could sit here and speculate all day, just let us know what the shop says before you pay any money. We might be able to point you in the right direction so you don't get ripped off. Goodluck

Old 12-27-2011 | 04:43 PM
|
Originally Posted by MADtotheA
You could do the spark plugs on your own. It's pretty easy. There's a good DIY on here too. If its your starter, not sure why that would cost. We could sit here and speculate all day, just let us know what the shop says before you pay any money. We might be able to point you in the right direction so you don't get ripped off. Goodluck
I agree. Thanks!
One last thing. Any preventive measures or precautions to prevent further damage; required during towing of my vehicle to repair shop??

Old 12-27-2011 | 06:01 PM
G35 Sedan
Premier Member
The click sound is an indicator of starter failure.

Old 12-27-2011 | 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by JaE35
The click sound is an indicator of starter failure.
Could be but it also could be as simple as a fuse. I had that problem before. The vibration wouldn't happen bc of a starter though so its obviously more then that.

Old 12-27-2011 | 06:55 PM
Sorry for your trouble man. unplug your battery and take it to autozone to rule out the battery.

Old 01-09-2012 | 07:52 PM
|
Hi all,

I got my repaired car today. Earlier I didn't pick as I was out of town(holidays).

the nissan dealer replaced battery and starter motor. They said my battery is completely dead and hence jump start didn't work. And also they see a problem with starter motor and they replaced that also.

And I also asked them to flush engine coolant.
Above all were done.

While I'm driving back home from repair facility, my car is still VIBRATING(vibrates even more at stops) and also I see CHECK ENGINE SOON light. When I accelerate above 40mph, the light blinks also.

I immediately called service rep and they said car vibration will be there for some time because system will take time to learn itself. But if check engine soon light blinks they asked me to bring the car back to get checked.

Now, i'm literally worried about my car..why it's still vibrating even though they fixed stuff that looks wrong! & blinking check engine soon light

Old 01-09-2012 | 08:29 PM
Get a diagnostic check on your car. Problem with the Stealership they do not do a through check on your car. A diagnostic check can run you about $100, unless you got or a friend has a code scanner to read the codes. You can research the codes and figured out what going on with it. I figured If you car is vibrating and the CES comes on after 40 mph, it could be the camshaft sensors.

The following users liked this post:
G35onTheRoad (01-10-2012)
Old 01-09-2012 | 08:39 PM
Use an OBD-II scanner to pull the code.

First things I would look at are that your MAF sensor is plugged in and clean, and that all of your ignition wires/coils are plugged into the spark plugs firmly. If it still does it after checking out those things, you might want to have someone pull the plugs to make sure none of them are fouled or broken in any way.

The results of an OBD-II are crucial to your ability to troubleshoot this issue though. You may want to just buy a cheap one yourself or bring your car to Auto Zone (if you can even get it to drive there), and have them pull the code for you for free. You can buy a cheap OBD-II scanner for less than the cost of paying a shop to pull the code for you..... so if you can't get Auto Zone to pull it, just buy a scanner instead of paying someone to pull it for you.

The following users liked this post:
G35onTheRoad (01-10-2012)
Old 01-10-2012 | 01:07 PM
|
Thanks everyone for the inputs.

I took the car again to them and I asked about the code. the code is p0302. and he advice to replace ignition coil.
Also might require to replace spark plugs because one of the spark plug(plug 2) is filled with fuel(that's what he said). As of now, I asked them to replace only ignition coil. I doubt it requires replacement of spark plugs also. also he advices me to replace all spark plugs though only one is faulty. he quoted $305 for replacing spark plugs.

I already spent so much on repairs(replaced battery, starter motor, ignition coil).

I like to know is it really required to replace spark plugs in this case. If it's required can I replace ignition coil first and replace spark plugs from another shop with a better quote.

or can myself replace spark plugs. Is it easy for a novice like me

PS: I'm really pissed off with the service technicians. They are ripping my money. Also, I'm thinking to sell my car if more problems occurs

Old 01-10-2012 | 01:55 PM
Plugs are easy. You've gotta squeeze around a couple of wire harnesses on the passenger side, but the job is simple and hard to f up. I say go for it!

Old 01-10-2012 | 02:18 PM
No way I would ever pay $305 to replace spark plugs. Do it yourself. Ignition coil hmmm don't know what to say about that. Don't go to the dealership though. That was your first mistake.

Old 01-10-2012 | 02:56 PM
|
Originally Posted by MADtotheA
No way I would ever pay $305 to replace spark plugs. Do it yourself. Ignition coil hmmm don't know what to say about that. Don't go to the dealership though. That was your first mistake.
I realized now..it's a big mistake to go to dealership. Then I will decline replacement of spark plugs. Will do it myself

Also, is there any chance that they would have messed up ignition coil & spark plugs during replacement of starter??

Old 01-10-2012 | 08:23 PM
my car lately has been idleing kinda rough, short time later my "service engine soon" light appeared. Took my car to Autozone to have the code read. One of the things listed was restricted fuel flow. Thought maybe the fuel sensor was dirty. Bought some Lucas Oil upper cylinder cleaner, put in my gas tank. Drove my car about 20 miles, engine light turned off and has been off ever since. My theory is you could have some bad fuel in your system. Just a theory.

Old 01-10-2012 | 09:02 PM
|
Originally Posted by biggin's G
my car lately has been idleing kinda rough, short time later my "service engine soon" light appeared. Took my car to Autozone to have the code read. One of the things listed was restricted fuel flow. Thought maybe the fuel sensor was dirty. Bought some Lucas Oil upper cylinder cleaner, put in my gas tank. Drove my car about 20 miles, engine light turned off and has been off ever since. My theory is you could have some bad fuel in your system. Just a theory.
I asked the dealer about the code. He said it is P0302 and requires a replacement of spark plugs & ignition coil

Old 01-10-2012 | 09:04 PM
|
I'm going to replace spark plugs myself. So, can someone suggest the best spark plugs available for my 2004 infiniti G35 coupe?? Also, where can I purchase?autozone??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 04 G35 coupe wont' start. Please help