G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

i just joined the cd error club!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just joined the cd error club!

just my luck. on the way home from picking up my car from the infiniti dealer (power window regulator replaced) i decide to listen to cd #5 in my cd player. i turn on the cd player and it starts playing, i press the 5 button, and after a minute or two it skips the cd and starts playing cd 6 so i try to unload cd 5...
CD ERROR FO!
it seems like i'm begining to get the first year production blues!
when will it end?

Old 04-25-2003, 07:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: i just joined the cd error club!

Welcome to the club!

Mine actually said CD ERR F0, do you have a wider display that allows for the extra "OR"? [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Are they going to get a replacement for you quickly? When it happened to me, I had a one month wait for the head unit to come in on backorder.

Then it'll be about another month before you get your precious CD #5 (or 1-4 and 6, for that matter) back from them. They have to ship the head unit to Clarion to have someone there extract the CDs and mail them back to the dealership.

Maybe we should make a logo and get bumper stickers for everyone in "the club."

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 04-25-2003, 07:44 PM

I haven't listened to a CD yet... Maybe I better test it out and hope it works fine....

Old 04-25-2003, 07:55 PM

my bad it is CD ERR FO.
as soon as i got home i called my service writer and he said he will have to order it on monday. hopefully they are not back ordered. that sucks that it is going to take a month to get my "6" cd's back. what is agravating i had a $19k Ford Thunderbird for 6 years and i only had one problem and it was a recall. i am just wondering about infiniti's quality.

Old 04-25-2003, 08:01 PM

It's their first year of production. They have some teething issues. This is one of them.

Here's the other annoying part.. it's a 45-minute job to swap out the head unit, so they won't give you a loaner. To get a loaner, you gotta have 2 hours worth of labor to be performed.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 04-26-2003, 11:20 AM

that sucks, that they wont give a loaner. i did a search on this problem and found that some people were able to get their cd's out by driving over bumps or banging on the cd player. since i don't feel like beating up my cd player, every little bump i hit i press the eject button. no luck so far. i found by pressing the eject button when the car is off and key s are out of the ignition the display says unload cd, like ther is no problem but it does not eject.

Old 07-25-2003, 08:32 PM

Well, I guess I'm a member now too. I had to take an emergency trip back home (4 1/2 hour drive) and after CD #5 finished, I didn't hear any music and looked at the CD player. I had the CD ERR F0 message and couldn't eject anything. Luckily I have an ipod so the ride wasn't quiet the rest of the way down.

I called my Infiniti dealer and they said that it would take 8 weeks to get a replacement in. =(

Old 07-26-2003, 07:49 AM
Deep Sea Moderator

Were you using homemade discs with labels? I thought that was causing the problems. I probably listen to 2 or 3 cds a day, everyday, so my changer gets a decent workout and I haven't had any probs so far.

Russ

Black w/willow, 6MT, nav, & aero
Jax, FL

Old 07-26-2003, 09:51 AM

I occasionally will use a CD-R but they have never had labels on them. I'm guessing that it's probably a run of bad CD changers that Bose made and the unlucky few are the ones that that have them in their G35s.

Old 07-26-2003, 12:19 PM

FYI, I got the "CD ERR F0" once a few weeks back. I kept playing alternately with the "load" and "eject" buttons until it eventually displayed a "DISC CHECK" message (or some similar message). That seemed to get it to clear itself, and it then spit all my discs out.

I then put all 6 back in again, and it continued to work fine. I've since changed out to different CDs and everything, and it continues to now operate normally.

I haven't had another problem since.

<font color=blue>2003 G35 Coupe 6MT - diamond graphite / graphite leather - premium - nav</font color=blue>

Old 07-26-2003, 05:09 PM

Hehehehe... another post brought back from the dead... My CD player is still going strong [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img].

I play nothing but BURNT cd's WITHOUT labels cuz my friend had labels on his CD-R's and it was PROBLEM GALORE... WHen the labels came off all else worked fine.

2003.5 White Pearl G35 Sports Coupe

Old 07-26-2003, 08:35 PM

I get the CD ERROR FO whenever I try to change discs out of sequence. I've been kucky to power down and restart the juice and take the discs out in sequence 1-6...been working evey time. just don't try to change out a disc randomly from the sequence.

Old 07-27-2003, 03:45 AM

I almost hope my CD player goes bad so that I can get it replaced with the improved 2004 unit.

Old 07-27-2003, 11:11 AM

The need to take out each disc in sequence seems like a CD error in itself. It kind of defeats the purpose of having a CD changer. I suggest you go ahead and have Infiniti order one for you before it completely breaks down.

But you are in better shape than me though, since you can get your discs out and it will still function while you're waiting for your replacement.

Old 07-27-2003, 10:37 PM

This club SUX!
I joined the cd error club on 4/25/03 and today is 7/27/03 and i still have no gotten my 6 cd's. it has been so long i forgot what cd's they were.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: i just joined the cd error club!