G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Chick Magnet???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 12:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AlanP
Wow!

and with the handle of a rap artist who has captured the musical imagination of your generation.

:
well bloody said. brilliant post.

Old 01-06-2005, 03:23 AM
i dunno everyone keeps telling me i should be getting chicks left and right. but well i bought the car because well it drives like a dream, and i actually can just sit there and look at it while parked and be happy.

it also does not help get girls. no one cares at all. its like having a nice watch on or some crap. i suppose if i were driving a pinto , i'd get the immediate, man that guy is broke so i suppose its better than a pinto (duh). most of the "stares" i've gotten are by old people in minivans or SUVs. usually its not really a stare but more like a sneer, that kinda conveys the message of "man what a punk *** young kid driving that thing" jealous stare.

anyhow... yeah its basically the flat panel tv of cars for me. didnt really need it but i like it. if i really just wanted to impress people, i coulda taken my money and bought a used m3 or something and given the blue and white propeller to everyone. half the people who have seen my car dont even know what an infiniti is, and the other half dont know infiniti is part of nissan. so really 98% of people do not appreciate the g35 anyway, just us crazy owners do.

Last edited by hans007; 01-06-2005 at 03:25 AM.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:38 AM
Alumni****
i don't think of the coupe as a chick magnet.. honest to god, my gf doesn't like my car that much anyways.. constantly compares it to a mercury cougar.. *sigh* but either way, she agrees it's a nice ride, but nothing big to wow about.. don't get me wrong, most girls think the car is really nice, but i don't think a car is gonna help you get girls, UNLESS you're driving an exotic.. then you're talking chick magnet e.g. lambo =)

Old 01-06-2005, 12:58 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ damn, sorry to hear that.

Old 01-06-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by patrickwong
Tell me........

Do you think your coupe is a chick magnet? How many of you out there have gained chest hairs and looks from chics cuz you own a G Coupe?

please tell me your stories!
Here in socal nobody has nice cars so mine stands out.

Old 01-06-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by liu69
i don't think of the coupe as a chick magnet.. honest to god, my gf doesn't like my car that much anyways.. constantly compares it to a mercury cougar.. *sigh* but either way, she agrees it's a nice ride, but nothing big to wow about.. don't get me wrong, most girls think the car is really nice, but i don't think a car is gonna help you get girls, UNLESS you're driving an exotic.. then you're talking chick magnet e.g. lambo =)
I wanted to post that before but feared the flaming I might receive. I brought my girlfriend to one of our G Squad meets and I asked her which car she like the best and she pointed to Marty, aka illG35's sedan She also admits that the coupe is a cool car but whenever I get the sedan loaners she's all about blessin' the backseat... something the coupe doesn't have to offer... Every time I bring to her attention that people are staring at my car she always says "no they're not, get over yourself..." but when I drop her off in front of her dorm at school EVERYONE stares at the car and her getting out of it... (I know deep down she LOVES the attention, regardless of what she says to me to keep my ego in check)

Either way, I constantly get compliments on the car (mostly dudes, sadly) whether my girlfriend gets wet for it or not, doesn't matter to me.

Old 01-06-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by schmeah
...mouths akimbo? I thought only arms and legs could be akimbo?
Sorry, meant to say "mouths agape" my bad.

Old 01-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Premier Member

I wasn't going to post on this thread, but an amazing thing happened today.

Whilst stopped at a traffic light, a lady called, shouted really from the side of the road. She gave me the thumbs up with one hand whilst massaging her left breast with the other. I could scarcley believe it, incredible!!

Oh, I should point out she was about 70, drunk & had a small dog on a piece of clothes line next to her shopping cart full of tin cans.

But hey, I take my chances when I can get them

Old 01-06-2005, 05:55 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It depends on where you live really. Today I was sitting at Starbucks and a drop-top Rolls pulled up next to a parked orange Lambo. It was just another boring day in S FL where no Benz or BMW gets noticed unless it has that magic emblem with the slashes on the right side of the trunk. Did I mention there was a DG coupe on the same parking lot too?

Of course girls here are spoiled, they're used to seeing more SL 500's than Civics. But if you live in a place a little less nauseatingly opulent, the magnetic field around your G will be greater in strength. It's all pure physics.

Old 01-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
I would have to agree with finiti35, it all depends on where you live. making my residence in south Fla as well, driving a g does not make make me feel like an elitist as it would someone living somewhere in north dakota, even though i do get the "looks" you guys are talking about from the occasional person driving their "fast and the furious" look-alike.

Old 01-06-2005, 10:25 PM
You mean women will not be chasing me because of my G? Darn....oh well, at least my wife will be happy.

Old 01-06-2005, 10:59 PM
It does help a little. Sure women like to see that you drive a nice car. But really it's about your confidence. Being a challenge to a girl is going to help you way more then your ride. And even if you get the number because you drive a nice car you still have to close the deal.

Just like the guy with spinners. There is no way I could pull that off, but it probably works for him.

Old 01-06-2005, 11:43 PM
Wink

Originally Posted by XCELR8
I'm married so this post gets my famed Care o Meter
Ok, well hey man just so you have it ready for all the lies that might get posted, here's the BS meter:

Old 01-07-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by Finiti35
It depends on where you live really. .... It was just another boring day in S FL where no Benz or BMW gets noticed...
I moved from there about 4 years ago, I LOVE that I now live in a little southern town where a "nice" car is special and an "exotic" is almost non-existent. Everything is relative.

And per a previous comment, I don't thing "cool/nice car" has a lot to do with a price tag. Both of our cars are exciting, low slung sports cars that manage to attract a lot of attention, but neither of them cost as much as a bunch of the $#@*& SUV's and even Pickup Trucks that run around. Funniest part is in some circles we (my wife and I) are harrassed about our "yuppy status" due to our cars when the harrassers are driving SUV's costing just as much as our's.

Funny world we live in, people's attitudes and personalities always baffle me.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Hell yeah this car is a chick magnet, lol it's standard equipment.

My car get's attention anywhere it goes, sometimes positive other times negative but it's ok.

The best attention is difinetly from the ladies though. I love it, what guy doesn't? Any guy that's on here asking why would anyone want to attract attention from females or saying they wouldn't touch the girls that the car atracts (wtf... ) is either married and faithfull ( which is good. ) the mentioned girl is seriously busted ( understandable ) or has issues (WHO cares if she's a golddigger or a hoe... )

IMO... Having a nice car entitles you to attract attention, and being a guy there's no shame in using it as an advantage. A nice car makes a BETTER statement, you can go to a club or bar or to cruise the beach as a single male living in South FL wearing nice clothes, simple jewelry, clean cut, looking good and on the prowl but when it comes down to it, bringing that fine brunette with the sexy mini skirt, green eyes and slim volouptous figure you met over at the bar over to the Toyota Corolla isn't exactly the BEST topping to get her going

I'm single, I'm 21, and I'm a hard working student. I don't really care much for the type of girl attracted to me or my car because simply put there's a time for everything and right now isn't the time for commitment. So before anybody tells me "Oh, your probably ugly or lack in other areas." or ANY other negative comment... Dudes... W/E... I'm not saying you need a nice car to get girls, but if you're the type of guy just looking for some in and out fun on a Friday night at the scene, you just gotta remember that most ladies there are looking for the same thing... A smart PLAYA to make their night, not some boy toy hubby figure... In which case, my IP beauty on 20's has not let me down

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chick Magnet???