G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My G's Biography..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
G35 Coupe 6MT
My G's Biography..

I've always wanted to own a G35 so i bought a 2005 model last year.. I have to admit it's really a nice car despite the fact i have so many things on my "to fix" list..

The only thing that was wrong with the car when i bought it was the blinking airbag light but now i have the following issues:

1- Ok so like i said the blinking airbag light which i reset every week or so by doing the 4 times on/off switch trick.
2- SES light came on after installing the hfc.. did the O2 fix and fml it didn't work as it turns out the fix cannot be applied onto 05/06 MT models. so i have to reset the light by disconnecting the battery every now and then..
3- Driver side window actuator needs a replacement.. window goes down and doesn't go up.
4- Driver side window motor is very slow and lost the auto-function.
4- CD player died on me last week.
5- I hear a clunk in my clutch pedal when released. Not to mention the stock clutch on that thing makes you feel like an 11 year old driving a stick shift.. i still can't figure out where the engagement point is.
6- Driver side HID sometimes flickers.. turn off then on.. works.. ballast needs replacement..
7- Have the rev-up engine oil consumption issue so i have to always keep the oil on my mind.
8- The ride rattles like a can of spray.
9- The paint chips
10- The interior's rear quarter panel's leather has pealed off.

With the above mentioned list, i really like the car (no joke, i really do).. I like the way she sits, the handling is amazing and once i reach the 6th gear on the highway i feel like i'm driving an airplane lol and the exhaust's tone is really unique.

What does g35driver think.. should i ignore these problems.. have them fixed.. sell the car.. it has ~69k miles - with sat nav & 19" rays..

Also, what do you guys have in common problems and which did you manage to permanently fix, or maybe add the list Opinions/suggestions are welcome.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
Don't know where you are located but if the 08 CD changer in the trunk if it will work on your car, i will sell you it so you don't have to buy one from the dealers. But i think you should just fix the ones that need the most work first to get you to point A to point B.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
smh i feel you, im having the same problems, i think the windows, oil consumption are the most common.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
I got my 05 A/T in January and the paint chips on mine were probably worst than yours. Try getting a kit like ColorChip, I used that on my car and the results were great! I didn't even want people looking at the front end of my car when I first got it because of all the paint chips.
Handling on this car is great though, it's nice being able to change lanes and not have the car feel like it wants to go into the shoulder!

Old 03-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Fix em. My dad always said to me "once you let things go before you know it you have a POS and will keep letting more things go.."

But yeah, I hear ya.....

The following 2 users liked this post by MJION:
TannerG (03-07-2012), thepro78 (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MJION
Fix em. My dad always said to me "once you let things go before you know it you have a POS and will keep letting more things go.."

But yeah, I hear ya.....
Wise Man right there!!!

Old 03-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2- SES light came on after installing the hfc.. did the O2 fix and fml it didn't work as it turns out the fix cannot be applied onto 05/06 MT models. so i have to reset the light by disconnecting the battery every now and then

The 02 fix does work. Did you try running two anti foulers paired together rather than just one. Its a pain to test it but it does work. Im running test pipes and tried at first 2 anitfoulers paired together and i was still throwing codes. I ditched one and that did the trick. Make sure you didnt damage one of the 02 snesors when you did the swap. Check to make sure you are throwing the same code

5- I hear a clunk in my clutch pedal when released. Not to mention the stock clutch on that thing makes you feel like an 11 year old driving a stick shift.. i still can't figure out where the engagement point is
Ive got the same clunk noise ive got an 06 with 20k on it.. That noise has always been there since I bought car new.. its annoying but doesnt affect performance. I think its the spring.. not an expensive fix just a PIA to do if your not mechanically incliined

Last edited by JoeR45; 03-06-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry to hear, you could always look for another G and just try to hide the problems the best you can when trade in time comes. lol

In all honesty you just need to weigh how much the car means to ya, anything can be fixed....

Old 03-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Where are you located? actuator is a $5 fix if you bypass the oem actuator with a universal actuator. Try cleaning your window motor just to give it some more life, after you do that do a reset of the motor. That should take care of those 2, if you search on here you might be able to repair everything besides oc

Old 03-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
^That's for the door locks. I don't think he listed that as a problem.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
My mistake, thought he said door actuator, not just actuator

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.