G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My work in progress - 2004 OB Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 03:21 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My work in progress - 2004 OB Coupe

After about a year and half of owning my g, I thought I got enough done to it to showcase it to you guys and see what you think, this is my work in progress . The mods are to my taste but feel free to comment!

So my g addiction first started a few years back, when I still had a honda civic. Eventually I just had to get me a g coupe, and this is what I got in 2009!

It was a 2003 OB 6mt coupe, and I got it for a good deal, but the seller wasn't honest and the car had a great deal of hidden vices, I had to spend about 4k in the first month after buying it repairing all kinds of garbage...destroyed rack and pinion, a finished clutch, finished brakes. It was a headache and the car spent more time in the shop than on the road. Once I got most of the kinks fixed this happened...

A teenage blonde t-boned me and sent me flying under a truck, totalling the car

Needless to say my first G experience was less than joyful! But I love this car and did not have time to enjoy it, so I bought another one the next summer!

A bone stock 2004 OB 6mt (Yes I love black cars ) The only "mods" on this one were an injen intake, a cf shift ****, and a rebuilt tranny under warranty.

Once I got the car the mod bug bit pretty much immediately and I had to start getting parts.
I got the car for a great deal, but the body wasn't in the best of shape. Also winter was around the corner, so I decided to brave through a Canadian winter with it while collecting some parts (never again will the g see another snowy winter!!!)

My winter setup for 2010-2011

Ahh the horror !

During that winter I wanted to start off by making the car look a little better, I joined MontrealVQ over at Ourvq.com, which has some very nice G's, so I had to start getting mine into shape!

I love the classic oem lines of the coupe so I sourced a bumper with an oem aero lip from here on driver!

I had to get my valve cover gaskets changed so decided to drop in a 5/16 motordyne spacer at the same time

My CD changer died out shortly after so I decided to go for a custom ipod hookup

While I was doing that also switched my headlights for some 8ks, along with LED fogs and matching sidemarkers

Lowering was also a must so I got some tein s-techs to start me off

This is how she first sat

At this time I got the bumper and lip painted and refreshed the front a little. While I was in there changed the filter for the intake.

My hood was chipped to hell and the trunk was dented from the previous owner having a bike rack attached to the car . I didn't feel like changing the look of oem goodness once again so I just sourced cleaner oem replacements!

(that's a clean OB coupe trunk on my rear sits, yes it fits :P)

At some point around here I also painted my grill black, love it!

I had really cheap lugs during the winter season and unfortunately some of them got warped and some cracked, so I was forced to MELT the wheels off the car!!!

This was just an excuse to get some new shoes . Since I really liked the rims I had on my first g, I decided to get virtually the same ones!! Except that they were discontinued and a fken b**** to find!

My stock exhaust just wasn't cutting it anymore either, and after a good deal of research I purchased a 350z nismo s-tune cat back from here!

And this is pretty much how the car sat for the 2011 season

Summer passed as fast as it came, and winter was around the corner, but this time I decided to buy a winter beater and store the G safely tucked away. This only meant more time for collecting new parts!

My shocked were completely blown at this point in time so an upgrade was in order. I got some Stance GR+ Pro coilovers from a local buddy

I was also never happy with the fugly 03-04 reflector headlights that were starting to haze, so I got some fresh 06+ projectors, as well as taillights!

Decided to throw in some aluminum pedals to complete the conversion

Winter was still in full force and it would be long before I drove the g again, so I thought of freshing up the 04's ugly interior abit: I decided to try my hand at some carbon fiver vinyl wrap. The garage I stored my g in was so tiny it was almost impossible to work in, nearly no room!

Nonetheless I took the interior apart and went to work

It was a long and tedious process but I think the results were well worth it!

While swapping headlights I also decided why not convert the ugly oem foglights to HID status, and blend everything in 8k goodness.

I also came across a good deal for splash guards, and since I think the oem lines are perfect, I had to get them! Freshly painted

Glory shot of my winter beater on two spares because of stupid potholes blowing out both my tires!!!

Getting the g out once winter was over was such a pain!!! I got free storage from a friend, but never again!! I felt like I was back in the soviet union lol

Old 04-08-2012, 03:21 AM
Because of my my blown shocks my rims unfortunately suffered some irreparable damage. One of the rims cracked and was leaking air badly, and since this model was discontinued, it was time for new wheels once again! After a while of searching for something to my liking, I found that xxrs offered what I was looking for, so I got some 526s off a vendor here.

At this point in time I got my coilovers installed, fenders rolled, the new wheels, splash guards, some test pipes to get some extra growl, and also extented the muffler tips for better fitment

And this is pretty much how she sits today!

Feel free to let me know what you think, just wanted to share my journey so far with this amazing car!

Big thanks to the great community here on Driver and MontrealVQ!!

I'm also an avid lover of filmmaking and video production and made a few vids with our local G club in Montreal, check them out if you like!

Here is the link to my channel, enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dima898989

The following users liked this post:
XLR8_ (05-02-2012)
Old 04-08-2012, 03:29 AM
Received 309 Likes on 210 Posts
looking good so far. not many people are fond of xxr's, but it's your car and budget.

I def lul'd at the rear donut on the civic.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:49 AM
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Personally I really like the look of the rims and car. All mods are very tasteful and you didn't do anything outrageous. How long did your shocks last with the s-techs on them, also how many miles on the car?

Old 04-08-2012, 04:15 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
All really good mods and really get me itching to buy some stuff. I think the projector headlights are a must for me right now as well as blacking my grill to match my black car. Possibly a body kit as well...

Old 04-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow. ur whip looks amazing the way it is now. great job

Old 04-08-2012, 06:50 AM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Looks great!!

Old 04-08-2012, 10:28 AM
nice work man, where do you get the money for all these mods? and the time?

Old 04-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks fantastic. I need to go through somewhat of a 'restoration' on my G this summer. Started already with the most critical 'mods' - maintenence LOL.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed the progression pics and story.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
Nice story, you kept me intrigued the whole time. Lol
Love the 526's!

Old 04-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
very clean coupe

Old 04-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Nice, where do u guys meet up in Montreal / laval?

Old 04-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Great story, really like your OB coupe and what you've done with it....Good Taste in mods! Now clean your garage....
Gary

Old 04-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Thanks guys glad you like it! Trying to keep it clean and simple

Originally Posted by Canadiotica
Personally I really like the look of the rims and car. All mods are very tasteful and you didn't do anything outrageous. How long did your shocks last with the s-techs on them, also how many miles on the car?
Thanks man, the shocks started leaking pretty badly after a few spirited runs in some twisty mountain roads...hitting bumps and potholes didn't help either! The oem shocks were pretty much dead within 5 months or so, almost undriveable, but I think they were probably due before I even lowered it. I'm at 162k kilometers, so roughly `100k miles?

Originally Posted by g35sweetness
nice work man, where do you get the money for all these mods? and the time?
Glad you like it , I work and study full time so I have no idea where I find the time haha. As for my mod budget its quite alot smaller than some of the crazy gs on here!

Originally Posted by HereKittyKitty
Nice, where do u guys meet up in Montreal / laval?
Pretty much anywhere but I would say central locations are Orange Julep off Decarie, and the Walmart parking in St-Do, hit the MontrealVQ section on ourvq.com and join for local events, we always have something going on

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My work in progress - 2004 OB Coupe