G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Just got my first G, what to do to it first???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
5/16 Plenum Spacer, Z-Tube, K&N Air Filter, High Flow Cats or Test Pipes, true dual catback exhaust and an Osiris tune. These are the best and most cost effective power mod for the VQ. Don't waste your time or money with a CAI, they do **** for these cars. You shld gain abt 40whp. If you want more power you will need to go F.I. A Twin Turbo set up done the right way will run you anywhere from 12K-20K so unless you have DEEEEEP pockets, forget it. A Supercharged set up can be had for 4K-7K and can get you arnd the 350-400whp range. Once again, it takes money to make these cars faster. They came incredibly well tuned from the factory. Suspension shld be your main focus. Coil overs, a camber kit and a strut bar will greatly improve your handling and control of the vehicle. Visual mods are all preference so I won't suggest anything because everyone has different tastes for aesthetics. My suggestion before you do anything is use the SEARCH button and learn as much as possible abt this car. Change all your fluids and monitor your oil levels, MTs are notorious for developing oil consumption issues. Lastly, learn how to drive the car the right way. These cars have a lot of power if your not used to it, they are RWD & it will get away from you if you underestimate it, the transmission is also a lot different than other manuals out there. Good luck!

Old 07-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
plenum spacer.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:25 AM
Thanks for all the input.

Do those spacers and the Mrev i keep hearing about hurt the engine like a supercharger would ? I have no idea obviously.

I got the car today and am loving it. I already ordered the Z tube, and I will just pick up a K&N locally when the tube gets in.

I will be ordering the spacer soon I just want to make sure its not going to eat up my engine...

I have a big tear in the driver side seat where the belt goes in. I know this is common with these cars but is it worth fixing or is it just going to happen again? if it is worth fixing much does that cost?

Thanks again guys. you're the best!!

Old 07-27-2012, 12:32 AM
Hey congrats on your car, I have a 05 in the same color as well!

For your headlights, don't get halos or anything like that, get the 06-07 oem projectors, they look clean both off and onn (look them up)

Don't get a new grille, just PLASTI DIP it black, I did this too mine and it turned out great. IF you don't know what plasti dipp is (some ppl don't) look it up on youtube.

As for your spoiler I don't think its aftermarket, It docent look like it but it may be! just get it touched up or find a good deal on this website for a new one.

Debadging, I have the same year and color car, I debugged my g35 and it turned out great, YOU WILL most likely have a ghost marco when done, this basically means when the sun hits the spot in the perfect way you will see a shadow of what you debadged, however this can easily be removed with a compound and some buffing.

good luck PM if you need anything
We lakeshore coupes gotta stick together (not many of us out there)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.