G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

How much would it cost for the install of shocks + springs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
How much would it cost for the install of shocks + springs?

Looking around to figure out a fair price. I hear anywhere from $400.

I bought hp shocks, s tech 350z springs, ichiba rear camber kit.

Should I at least do the rear camber kit myself? I've looked at guides and it seems fairly easy, I just don't want to mess it up.

Also going to get an alignment of course, but do I get the alignment on the day of the installation or wait a week for the springs to settle?

Thank you!

Old 10-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
You're on the right track Smitty, $400= is about the cost of having a brake/alignment shop install the springs/camber kit. Yes, wait a week for the springs to settle before getting your alignment....Gary

Old 10-10-2012, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
You're on the right track Smitty, $400= is about the cost of having a brake/alignment shop install the springs/camber kit. Yes, wait a week for the springs to settle before getting your alignment....Gary
Perfect. Thank you for your help!

Old 10-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
I paid $120 for Coilovers install a week ago. It was a 3 hr job due to the fact that the had to take off after the first install to readjust height. I was able to watch whole install to. I got a good deal.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:32 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
i paid 500 for front + rear sway bars + endlinks, coilover install, front and rear camber kit+toebolt + ride adjustment.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:59 AM
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Free, do it yourself, it is easy and can be done by anyone.

Get a spring compressor from autozone(they lease em) and have regular tools around and some jack stands and your set. Best yet, you can make sure they get done properly.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 105 Likes on 100 Posts
I would also motion to make an attempt at a home installation. You'll save quite a bit by doing it that way.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Received 96 Likes on 85 Posts
Ya, do it yourself. Save the labor money for something else. It might take you a little longer to do the first one but after you figure things out the rest will be faster. Plus with the guides here & the web it shouldn't be a problem.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Save some money and do it yourself, you can also learn more about your car by doing so

Old 10-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by hologram
Free, do it yourself, it is easy and can be done by anyone.

Get a spring compressor from autozone(they lease em) and have regular tools around and some jack stands and your set. Best yet, you can make sure they get done properly.
Originally Posted by VMRWheels
I would also motion to make an attempt at a home installation. You'll save quite a bit by doing it that way.
Originally Posted by BowWizzel
Ya, do it yourself. Save the labor money for something else. It might take you a little longer to do the first one but after you figure things out the rest will be faster. Plus with the guides here & the web it shouldn't be a problem.
Originally Posted by dunstopnow
Save some money and do it yourself, you can also learn more about your car by doing so
I think i'm going to give it a go and try installing it myself with the help of my brother and father. Got quoted $619 at Car X for installation and saw the guides and seemed fairly easy enough, save quite a bit of cash!

Old 10-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sport package coupe, 1JZ swap
for sure try it yourself. from my experience it's not a terribly difficult procedure (unless the rear-lower shock bolt is fused to the bushing like mine was. that was a hassle).
although this video only focuses on installing the lowering springs, the process is applicable for any shock/spring/coilover installation. cant remember if it tells you how to take the rear shocks off but it's pretty self explanatory. Literally 2 nuts on top and 1 bolt on the bottom. Hope this saves you some $$$

Old 10-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 105 Likes on 100 Posts
Suspension installs are fairly straight forward. As long as you take your time and follow the instructions you've seen I don't think you could screw up. Plus you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you did the work yourself.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Flowm9s
for sure try it yourself. from my experience it's not a terribly difficult procedure (unless the rear-lower shock bolt is fused to the bushing like mine was. that was a hassle).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL6utN4UpVQ
although this video only focuses on installing the lowering springs, the process is applicable for any shock/spring/coilover installation. cant remember if it tells you how to take the rear shocks off but it's pretty self explanatory. Literally 2 nuts on top and 1 bolt on the bottom. Hope this saves you some $$$
Originally Posted by VMRWheels
Suspension installs are fairly straight forward. As long as you take your time and follow the instructions you've seen I don't think you could screw up. Plus you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you did the work yourself.
I'll be attempting it tomorrow.

You guys are awesome thank you so much for your help and your time!

Old 10-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
Glad we can help. you will have more pride when you do the work on your car yourself.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
Glad we can help...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How much would it cost for the install of shocks + springs?