G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Sell or Keep my G coupe and continue modding?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sell or Keep my G coupe and continue modding?

Hello all. I hope everyone is staying safe indoors in this hurricane and especially keeping their Gs safe as well. I've been recently thinking about selling my G coupe and wanted everyone's thoughts. I have an 2004.5 IP G35 coupe 5AT with black interior fully loaded with navi. I've added 06 projectors, 20" R1 racing wheels, double din Pioneer AVH-4100, 10" JL W3 subwoofer, MD 5/16th plenum spacer, MD V2 Testpipes, and Stillen Cold airbox with a cone filter. I have only 53k miles on the car and is in excellent condition. I will be starting a medical residency in July and will be having a salary to cover payments for a newer car and using my G right now as my down payment. I was looking into buying a used Lexus IS-F with roughly 50k miles. Is it worth selling my car now or just letting it ride out and wait to buy a newer car? I honestly love my G and always get compliments about the looks and dual screen interior. I did all the mods myself so I've gotten pretty attached to my car. I have uploaded some pics of my car.

What do you guys think I should do? If I don't sell it anytime soon, I was thinking about getting my car tuned at Hill's garage to get out some extra power with the mods but I don't want to waste $600 on a tune if I will sell the car. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
If you are in love with the G and have grown attached to it, I would hold out until you can buy a car that you will be more in love with and happy with. Settling for another car when you are perfectly happy doesn't seem right. But later on if you want to sell it for a car you truly believe you will be happier with then go for it! But if its still doing it for you and making you happy, why move to something you might not be happy with! Also you should upload pics of it!

Old 10-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Ohh yeah I totally forgot to upload the pics. For some reason, it will only let me upload two pics. So you think I should go for the tune? I feel a tremendous power increase with all the breather mods, especially the test pipes. I heard great things about Hill's garage tuning over in baltimore. I wonder if the power after the tune will feel like a night/day difference like the testpipes feel. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Sell or Keep my G coupe and continue modding?-cimg3355.jpg   Sell or Keep my G coupe and continue modding?-cimg2562.jpg  
Old 10-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
That is a clean looking color man, I am jealous.
I have heard amazing satisfaction from people tuning just stock, they get the wide open throttle at all times. I haven't been able to tune yet. I was saving up for one until I decided to buy a CD-009 transmission first

Old 10-29-2012, 01:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by iceguju
Ohh yeah I totally forgot to upload the pics. For some reason, it will only let me upload two pics. So you think I should go for the tune? I feel a tremendous power increase with all the breather mods, especially the test pipes. I heard great things about Hill's garage tuning over in baltimore. I wonder if the power after the tune will feel like a night/day difference like the testpipes feel. Thanks.
man love thoese wheels. is R1 the brand or the model name?

Old 10-30-2012, 06:42 AM
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
i would say the only real spirtual sucessor would be upgrading to a e92 m3 coupe 6 speed.

If not i say keep it or maybe look at a used 911.

Financially its nice to have a paid off car, especially when your doing a residency and making not nearly enough for what you do.

Use the cost savings to travel or vacation in some tropical paradise.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:56 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
i would say the only real spirtual sucessor would be upgrading to a e92 m3 coupe 6 speed.

If not i say keep it or maybe look at a used 911.

Financially its nice to have a paid off car, especially when your doing a residency and making not nearly enough for what you do.

Use the cost savings to travel or vacation in some tropical paradise.
+1 on savings. Hope everyone is high and dry after this crazy storm! All these residents and attendings I see are getting M3's and shiet lol. I guess they go crazy after being through so much school and possibly in so much debt only to accrue more. Your car only has 53k?? You barely drive the thing. That's completely awesome. KEEP IT. It looks nice and clean too, not too G'd up like every other G north of Princeton LOL. Sorry I'm just laughing at how things have gotten. I bought mine brand new (never again). With a house and real bills to pay for I keep my G stock and clean lol. It pays me back the longer I keep driving it

Trending Topics

Old 10-30-2012, 08:10 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by iceguju
I heard if you already have all the breathing mods a tune will bring it to life and polish the characteristics. I'd suggest going to RT Tuning in Lansdale PA. It's closer than Baltimore and they tune everything, but are especially known for Nissans! They tuned my S13 to a reliable 350+whp back in '07 when they were still small. I finally ran it down the 1/4mi last year and it still ran in the 12s. Now they're popular for tuning Baja race machines, crazy STI/EVOs, Formula Drift machines and anything low and slow they can also do. Ask for Vince. He will reliably squeeze every hp/tq out of your motor at a fair price. Every time I visit which is not often they have a line of 350z and G35s in various levels of modification waiting in line for an Osiris tune lol.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by VQdriver
+1 on savings. Hope everyone is high and dry after this crazy storm! All these residents and attendings I see are getting M3's and shiet lol. I guess they go crazy after being through so much school and possibly in so much debt only to accrue more. Your car only has 53k?? You barely drive the thing. That's completely awesome. KEEP IT. It looks nice and clean too, not too G'd up like every other G north of Princeton LOL. Sorry I'm just laughing at how things have gotten. I bought mine brand new (never again). With a house and real bills to pay for I keep my G stock and clean lol. It pays me back the longer I keep driving it
Thanks for all the comments! I actually bought my car used 3 years ago with only 33k miles for 19k. I haven't put that many miles on it as most of the winter seasons I took public transportation to my rotations. I really like the E92 M3 but after hearing about all the maintenance issues my friend had with his I decided to not even think about an M3 until I get out of residency. I agree that sometimes people overdue the G. I wanted to keep it nice and clean but have it stand out a little more.

You guys are totally right. I think its a better idea to keep the car and save money. I think I will go for a tune in the next two months.

BTW the wheels are R1-Racing HYPE with chrome lip.

The following users liked this post:
VQdriver (10-30-2012)
Old 10-30-2012, 12:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would definitely keep that very clean and awesome color.i have the same car 04 auto.so u can really tell the difference with the Plenum spacer and intake?

Old 10-30-2012, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by smokedG35
I would definitely keep that very clean and awesome color.i have the same car 04 auto.so u can really tell the difference with the Plenum spacer and intake?
The Stillen cold airbox actually came with my car so I can't really comment on the power difference with that mod. The plenum spacer definitely improved the performance and I definitely felt a difference at higher RPMs. The biggest difference was with the motordyne ART V2 testpipes. The car really sounds amazing at 3k RPMs and above and really pulls even at lower RPMs. I can't wait to see how much more power I can gain with a tune!

Old 10-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You are asking G35 enthusiasts if you should keep your G.........their responses may be a little bias. LOL

Old 10-30-2012, 04:25 PM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
i enjoy my is-f but i cant stop modding my G..... god help me.. im so broke

Old 10-30-2012, 06:22 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by .cakestar
i enjoy my is-f but i cant stop modding my G..... god help me.. im so broke
Have they been able to unlock/tune the ECU on your IS F? I sold my IS 350 b/c I wanted to TT but could find any software to tune.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:35 PM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by rsa0507
Have they been able to unlock/tune the ECU on your IS F? I sold my IS 350 b/c I wanted to TT but could find any software to tune.
lol nope. freaking toyota's ecus are harder to break than that code from mercury rising. the tt kits for the is-fs are all rear mount and barely add any power, only way is to piggyback still