G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Finally a sunny Sunday, My '05 6MT, some pictures and questions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Finally a sunny Sunday, My '05 6MT, some pictures and questions?

So I've been waiting for 3 weeks to finally take pictures of my new car on a sunny Sunday here in Northern CA. I must say the car is truly awesome. I really don't have any bad things to say about the car though it seams people on this forum seem to focus on them. So I'll just say what I like about it. I couldn't possibly list all the niceties of the car but here is just a short list:

-the new 19" wheels and sport suspension are very well balanced. I've driven through some rough back roads and the suspension soaks up the potholes while not jarring the cabin at all. In fact it is very smooth but gives excellent road feel thanks to the short sidewalls on the 19" 40 series tires. There is almost no body roll even on fast turns. I made a sudden turn into a secluded side street and just yanked the steering wheel left at the last second while going 35 mph and it just stuck like glue around the corner without a sound or squeal from the tires. Most other cars would have just understeered badly while trying the turn. Before I bought the car I was thinking of getting a Hotchkis sway bar but now I'll put it on hold since I really don't feel it needs it.

-the color and body contours are very elegant. What I like about the diamond graphite is it appears to vary it's color depending on slight changes in ambient lighting. In bright sunlight it almost looks silver and at dusk it looks a darker graphite. I now understand why many have posted stating they stare at their G35 in the garage just admiring it. It's like a museum painting that one can stare at for minutes and appreciate like art.

-the little black button behind the front seats is convenient addition. When I let the little ones in the back seats it goes back to its original position.

-MP3 stereo has artist or song title display capability and sounds very good. I don't listen to music as loud as I did 15 years ago and I'm sure it would disappoint if you're interested in high SPL's. Overall it reproduces lows and highs adequately, just as good as the Nakamichi system in my Lexus RX300. The best speakers I've ever heard are the Boston Acoustics Pro Series 6.5" separates I had in my old Integra GSR but I'm very satisfied with the Bose system and do not even plan on upgrading the speakers.

-whoever at Infiniti thought of the bungee net in the trunk should be given a promotion. I've never had one in a trunk before. The other day we put a pie in the trunk and it stayed nicely in place in the bungee net without sliding around and turning into mashed pudding.

And now for a couple of questions:

1) the Sport Suspension has only 1" of gap between the tire and the fender in the rear and 1.5" in the front. I thought I saw a picture where the '03-'04 coupe wheel gap was larger. Did they change the wheel gap for "05?

2) what was the diameter of the Brembo rotors Front and Rear?

edit: I took the picture of the rear wheel gap in the garage where it is level. Click on the pictures, then click the little orange square on the bottom right to improve the picture quality...

Attached Thumbnails Finally a sunny Sunday, My '05 6MT, some pictures and questions?-100-0011_img50-.jpg   Finally a sunny Sunday, My '05 6MT, some pictures and questions?-100-0012_img50-.jpg   Finally a sunny Sunday, My '05 6MT, some pictures and questions?-100-0014_img50-.jpg   Finally a sunny Sunday, My '05 6MT, some pictures and questions?-100-0015_img50-.jpg   Finally a sunny Sunday, My '05 6MT, some pictures and questions?-100-0022_img50-.jpg  

Last edited by hensta; 01-24-2005 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:02 PM
Very Nice car. I am picking up my 05 Ivory pearl tomorrow. Your lucky,I live in NY and we just had a blizzard. Anyway the answer to the rotors diameter 12.8 front and12.7 rear.

Old 01-24-2005, 01:16 AM
Nice pics Hensta. I haven't had time to take nice pics of my car yet. Weather around Nor Cal, Sacramento haven't been that nice. I haven't wash my car since I got it yet, plus the fact that its gonna rain in the next few days. Sux, but oh wells. Where in Nor Cal are you at Hensta? But yeah, I agree with you, I love everybody about this car so far. The Bose isn't that bad as lots of people here agreed to. The ride quality is nice enough for me, at my age and lifestyle. Its not silky smoove, yet its not rough, just a perfect balance between. The length of the wheel gap depends on how your car is sitting. I recommend taking measurements at a balance level versus your slanted driveway.

Old 01-24-2005, 01:56 AM
Originally Posted by hensta
1) the Sport Suspension has only 1" of gap between the tire and the fender in the rear and 1.5" in the front. I thought I saw a picture where the '03-'04 coupe wheel gap was larger. Did they change the wheel gap for "05?
I asked my salesman about this, and he said the Sport Suspension lowers the car by 1/2". If this is true, then you would have less gap than not only '03's and '04's, but also the '05's without sport suspension.

Prolix

Old 01-24-2005, 02:02 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
hot car . you live in a nice neighborhood, great environment for the G!

i have the same amount of wheel gap (1.5 front 1.0 back) with my car riding on tein s-techs

Old 01-24-2005, 02:18 AM
Nice ride. It looks like your driveway is pretty steep. Any problems with scraping?

Old 01-24-2005, 02:50 AM
Did you get your G from Niello Infiniti in Concord California? Just picked up mine last week. Dont you love it!

Old 01-24-2005, 03:20 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Nice ride hensta. Be sure to visit the Northern California forum often and join the NorCal G club.

https://g35driver.com/forums/nor-cal-g/41670-nor-cal-g-yahoo-group-sign.html

Old 01-24-2005, 03:31 AM
Z2G
wunautica,
i see you got your coupe.....lucky bastard. i'm still waiting on mine. supposedly, it's down in l.a. still being prepped and should be here any day now.....god damn, what's taking so long!!! : (

by the way, if it's true about the wheelwell gap, then the 05 suspension is very similar to the 350z suspension which also has a 1.5 inch gap. i mentioned this months ago about the 05 coupe appearing lower than the 04 and ppl kept saying that they thought the gap was the same and car was not lower.

Last edited by Z2G; 01-24-2005 at 03:34 AM.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by wunautica
Nice pics Hensta. Where in Nor Cal are you at Hensta? ... The length of the wheel gap depends on how your car is sitting. I recommend taking measurements at a balance level versus your slanted driveway.
I'm in Roseville. The picture of the wheel well gap is when I put the car in the garage, that's why it looks darker than the other pictures. I'ts fairly level in the garage.

Old 01-24-2005, 01:31 PM
Be careful going down that driveway if you decide to lower it even further.

Old 01-24-2005, 01:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The ride height looks good with those 19's. I like.

btw, the front will be a tad higher on a flat surface since you took
your pict on an incline.

Old 01-24-2005, 06:38 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Great ride bro, congrats.
Really like the lowered look.

Old 01-24-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Aman
Did you get your G from Niello Infiniti in Concord California? Just picked up mine last week. Dont you love it!
Hensta got his ride at GRUBBS in Dallas-Fortworth, TX....

HENSTA....OH I C...Roseville...nice...traffic must sux big time on I-80. It gotten worst and worst over the last few years. Same as 99 I guess..hehe. I love the south side though. I finally have pics now, will post some tomorrow for sure. Later.

Z2G...where are you getting your car from? Yeah, I love my 6MT and yeah I'm lucky I guess, my was the first and only 6MT on the lot at the dealership. Which is nice, because before I left, I heard this one dude asking my sales person if that was the only 2005 6MT I had, she said YEAH. I felt sooooooooooo good at that point. Wellz GOOD LUCK with yours, your gonna love it, but not more then me though..hehe

Old 01-24-2005, 11:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome dude! Is there something wrong with the front lip or is that a reflection?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally a sunny Sunday, My '05 6MT, some pictures and questions?