G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone using Kinetix High flow cats intake plenum and Y-pipe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone using Kinetix High flow cats intake plenum and Y-pipe?

Anyone using Kinetix High flow cats, intake plenum, and Y-pipe?
Wondering what this combo sounds like. Thinking of installing them in my Supercharged G. I have to install the DC Sports SS Headers and was thinking of getting the kinetix parts But, I don't want my G to sound like
a "bunch of pissed of Bee's in a tin can".

Thanks David G

Attached Thumbnails Anyone using Kinetix High flow cats intake plenum and Y-pipe?-hicats.jpg   Anyone using Kinetix High flow cats intake plenum and Y-pipe?-plenum.jpg   Anyone using Kinetix High flow cats intake plenum and Y-pipe?-y-pipe.jpg  
Old 01-25-2005, 12:35 PM
I strongly recommend Crawford for fitment and quality reasons. Also, if you switch out your plenum, cats or y-pipe after you've gone FI, you should see almost double the gains of a NA vehcile. The only downside is that you'll have to re-tune your vehicle as your A/F will be all out of wack when you're done adding these mods.

Old 01-25-2005, 01:30 PM
Really is the kinetix plenum that bad? As far as tunning I planned of taking it to Tecno square for a mini program and then to Shawn At churches for the complete tun.

Thanks

Old 01-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Kinetix plenums are notorious for cracking. Even the V4 plenum has had issues and NO it's not due to overtorquing. It's due to having too much flexure in the plenum under engine loading.

The Crawford has 2 bolts in the middle and something like 11 or 13 around the edges. The Kinetix only has the bolts around the edges... Kinetix has tried to cast in stiffening ribs into the top of the plenum but these ribs aren't enough. Plus the bottom half of the intake manifold is cast aluminum. How many vehicles do you know of that are made at the factory with aluminum manifolds with "plastic" upper manifold covers (plenums)?

Another disadvantage of the Kinetix plenum is that it doesn't insulate the sound as well, being plastic. It sounds more hollow and much louder. There have been several people that have dynamatted their entire hoods just to try to help quiet down the Kinetix Plenums.

Also, there have been a number of people with fitment issues on the Kinetix cats here and on my350z.com. If you spend 20 minutes searching for posts (advanced searches are the best) you'll probably convince yourself that the less expensive cast Crawford Plenum is the way to go. Call Doug at Crawford for details about the new plenum...

Old 01-25-2005, 01:48 PM
Thanks Neff for the info. I give him a call in a few min. And see what set up he thinks is best.

David G

Old 01-25-2005, 01:53 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
I've got the Kinetix cats and can only say good things about them...they fit perfectly.

Old 01-25-2005, 02:02 PM
I just got off the phone with Doug at crawford and I got put on the list to get the new cast plenum and a set of High flow cats. I guess now all I have to do is find a bad
*** Y-pipe. One that will work well with FI.
Hey Randy have you looked into this?

David G