G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

new member & new to the g35 family. HELP!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new member & new to the g35 family. HELP!!

Just bought me a 2004 G35. The person who had the car before me had the springs cut in the back but not the front. I am looking to buy me Eibach springs i just recently bought me the 19 inch ray rims to put on the car. I would like to know besides the springs what else i might need? Will they be any rubbing with 19 inch OEM rays? BTW the shocks are good. Is just the rear springs. I dont know much about cars. looking for some knowledge. And the mechanic i went to priced me at 340 to replace all 4 springs. He also told me i will need a wheel alignment.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:14 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
there will be rubbing for sure. you'll need rear and front camber kits with toe bolt. how do i know? cause i have the pro kit. lol

Took off my prokit and put the stocks back on. and this is what happened to my front tires without the front camber kit but the rear ones are fine cause of my rear cambers and toe bolt.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:34 PM
thx for the response. What if i decide to go with the OEM springs. Will they still be rubbing with the 19 inch rays?

Old 02-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Welcome to DRIVER! Sorry you've received the wrong information, if you have the 19" coupe wheels you won't have rubbing issues. They fit perfect without issues! If you lower your G any amount you also need a SPL camber kit so you can bring your alignment back to OE specs. They're sold here on DRIVER on our MARKETPLACE under vendor suspension. I suggest you buy Tein H-Tech springs that will give you OE ride and shorten the distance over the top of your tires once your 19" wheels/tires are installed....available from the same vendors.
Gary

Old 02-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well gary i didn't give him the wrong info. He asked if it will rub if lowered with eibach. And answer is yes. If stocks the no.

Posted from G35driver.com App for Android

Old 02-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Welcome to DRIVER! Sorry you've received the wrong information, if you have the 19" coupe wheels you won't have rubbing issues. They fit perfect without issues! If you lower your G any amount you also need a SPL camber kit so you can bring your alignment back to OE specs. They're sold here on DRIVER on our MARKETPLACE under vendor suspension. I suggest you buy Tein H-Tech springs that will give you OE ride and shorten the distance over the top of your tires once your 19" wheels/tires are installed....available from the same vendors.
Gary
Proven time and time again that sub 1 inch you don't need it, and you kept suggesting parts that cost upwards of 1k for a full kit...seriously money doesnt grow on trees and SPC is a good substitute for SPL...

Old 02-15-2013, 10:47 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Don't mind Gary he just needs to put in his 2 cents in on everything he's harmless.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:47 AM
RCL
Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
if you lower the car get a rear camber kit no matter what. You may not need a front as the fronts are less problematic than the rears with camber. I'd save your money for coilovers. Aftermarket springs' aggressive spring rates will blow your stock struts quickly leaving you with a infiniti that rides worse than a 92 civic.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by hologram
Proven time and time again that sub 1 inch you don't need it, and you kept suggesting parts that cost upwards of 1k for a full kit...seriously money doesnt grow on trees and SPC is a good substitute for SPL...
The true way to find out is to ask your alignment guy how far off OE specs you are. Communication with him will let you know how soon you'll wear out your tires without a camber kit. The SPL camber kit offers more adjustment than the SPC which is reason enough to buy it.
Originally Posted by Beyond sublime
Don't mind Gary he just needs to put in his 2 cents in on everything he's harmless.
You're right Beyond, it's terrible knowing the correct answers to questions members ask and have to put up with squirts like you and holo...what's his name that have no knowledge of the issues other than what you read here on DRIVER. Have you ever spent weeks learning alignment or installed springs/camber kit? I have....Gary

Old 02-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your tires will not rub on anything. Period. The camber will be out of spec from the drop and thats where the kits they are talking about come from but physically your tires will not rub anything if you have rays 19s on.

Might need a fender roll in the rear, idk, never had stock wheels lol

Old 02-16-2013, 10:55 AM
i lowered mine on stock 350z springs and my tires are good. I mean it doesnt lower it alot but with 19's prolly wont look that bad until you have a little more money saved to buy all the parts you need to slam it to the ground without messing up your tires.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:44 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Wow Gary you took that the wrong way. My remark was just you like to always add to everything, and by the way your not always right.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Beyond sublime
Wow Gary you took that the wrong way. My remark was just you like to always add to everything, and by the way your not always right.
Ah, but I am once again....

Old 02-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Guys thanks for all the information. I am new to this G35 game. i use to drive a z4 but it was a lease. the G35 was the only car that always caught my eye.. Now i purchased it, fully mine. I think i might just stay OEM springs.. i live in NYC these roads are tough .. out here.. BTW.. i appreciate a lot of the info.. but i been doing a lot of research and their is a lot of fighting going on, on these sites.. can we all get along.. lol.. btwn all the fighting is hard to take in all the valuable information you guys all have.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
It happens lol. If the roads are bad and it's your daily driver then lowering springs or your OEM springs should be fine. Based on what I've read here you will only need a camber kit if you're lowered below a specific height. And as Gary said, maybe talk to your alignment shop guy about how long he thinks your tires will last without a kit. It may or may not affect you and can save you money down the line. All of this gathered info will help you determine which route you may want to take. You should check out some of the stickied threads as well because many of them offer great info.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new member & new to the g35 family. HELP!!