G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

06 G35 Coupe window bang

Old 04-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 G35 Coupe window bang

Hey guys, I have looked through most of the window posts but I don't see anything that quite matches my problem. I also looked in the FSM available online. My problem is that when my window is half way open there is a lot of play with the glass. If you gold the glass you can move it in and out almost a half inch. When closing the door with the window partially open it makes a loud banging sound. Is there an adjustment for this? The window goes up and down with no problem. It seems aligned correctly, as it doesn't leak when it's fully closed. Anyone have any ideas? Any help is appreciated.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:30 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
mines acting up like that too..driver side. when you close it with the window down you get a horrible rattle. somethin's definitely gotta be loose or broken. no leaks so fine for now i guess

Old 04-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my 2004 coupe is the same as well, except there is also a *thud* when the window rolls down all the way. I have to hold the window switch until its almost all the way down and then let go because it sounds like the glass is hitting the bottom of the door.

I've had the driver side door panel off but I dont see any issues...

Old 04-14-2013, 12:05 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
G35 Coupe Driver's Window Issue

I have the same problem on my 2004. The following came up on a Google search regarding this issue. The article appeared in a website entitled NICO and any credit is due to that website and its contributor. 1 (a) - (f) addresses access and #3 how that writer resolved his problem by realigning the track. I have not sought permission to quote that writer, but will assume consent as a footnote in his article says "Be Sociable - Share". I will try this at my first opportunity.

" G35 Window fix
1. Remove door panel.
a) Remove screw at door open pull.

b) Remove door handle trim, pry silver plastic trim piece from lower side
with a screwdriver. There’s a small notch for the screwdriver blade to
fit in. remove the two screws behind this cover.

c) Lift window switch plate up from the front edge it just pops off.
Unplug wire harness.

d) Pull door panel off, clips hold it on, start from the lower edge.

e) Remove door lock and handle rods from the levers.

f) Unplug courtesy light at bottom of door.

2. Remove inner door skin; this is the metal plate that is held on by a bunch of bolts. This will gain you access to the track bolts. I’m not positive but you may be able to get to them without removing this plate. I have sound deadener applied to the door so it hides all the holes so I couldn’t see it. But I’m pretty sure the holes are covered by tape where the window bolts can be accessed.

3. Plug window switch back in and raise/lower the window till you can see the lower track bracket. There are two 10mm bolts holding the window to the track. The bolts look like they are attached to a plastic piece on the lower edge of the glass. My front bolt was loose and causing the window to rattle and also not close completely flush, so wind noise occurred at high speeds. It’s a good idea to close the door and check from the outside if the window is in alignment. You might need to loosen the bolt and re-position the window a few times before you get it right."

Old 04-14-2013, 01:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MORE on this door rattle issue

For an excellent article on this problem and solution, complete with superb photos see the folllowing:

https://g35driver.com/forums/faq-diy...attle-fix.html

Many thanks to V.Q. Johnny

The following users liked this post:
VQ Johnny (06-24-2013)
Old 06-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by j.fiore
my 2004 coupe is the same as well, except there is also a *thud* when the window rolls down all the way. I have to hold the window switch until its almost all the way down and then let go because it sounds like the glass is hitting the bottom of the door.

I've had the driver side door panel off but I dont see any issues...
I have the same problem on my 2005 coupe but only for my drivers side window. I unfortunately have the greasy windows problem and a slight rattle and an air leak as well. I think I remember reading to fix the window from hitting you have to reset the window motor and tell it how far to go up and down. The other problems call to reset the motor anyway so hopefully that fixes it.