G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Power seat doesn't auto-move forward

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 05:43 PM
Received 65 Likes on 58 Posts
Thumbs down Power seat doesn't auto-move forward

Hey all,

I'm still in the learning stage of my G35 coupe since I just got it less than a month ago lol. I know that the seats are supposed to automatically slide forward when you fold them forward to gain access to the rear seats (right...?). Neither the driver seat nor the passenger seat does this, unless I'm not folding the seat back forward enough to trigger it. However, the seats do slide forward if I use the power seat controls.

Using the power seat controls, only the slide and recline functions work. The other two (the ones resembling the power window buttons) do not work—at least for the driver's side, haven't tried the passenger side yet, but I don't think they work either.

Why is it that the auto slide doesn't work but manual slide does? Also is it just a coincidence that (possibly) both seats' up/down/lumbar support buttons (or whatever those buttons control) don't work?

Thanks for your responses!

Old 04-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
The seats will not go forward automatically unless the back is folded all the way up. As far as the other buttons not working, check the connectors or even the fuse

Old 04-30-2013, 11:05 PM
Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts
If you have an 06+ I believe, you tilt the seat forward and hit the black button on the back of the seat. From there it should move forward by itself.

But also check connectors and fuses as stated above. Could be a bad switch.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:57 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Îf those don't work, it could be just a bad connection internally. Also, one of the switches are for the height adjustment.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dynasty21
Îf those don't work, it could be just a bad connection internally. Also, one of the switches are for the height adjustment.
Correct, height adjustment. No one had mentioned that the actual motor in the seat could be dead... But check electronics first