Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 01:03 AM
Premier Member

Received 421 Likes on 339 Posts
Originally Posted by Xet
http://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhau...art-pipes.html
http://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhau...art-pipes.html
how about an independent dyno vs HFC then?

I know you can build a good car, but you should really tone down how freaking hot headed you are and how much an asshat you make of yourself bro.
I stand behind my statements. 2 links from 2 tunes done 3 years ago means nothing to me. According to that one review there was an absolute maximum gain of what, 10 whp and 14 TQ, but at different RPMS? all that in a Motordyne sponsored forum shootout?

Until you've installed the various parts yourself and tuned it yourself on the same car on a local dyno you really don't know WTF you're talking about. Copy and pasting links is easy. You can interpret dyno results to mean just about anything. Same as statistics in the news. If you're in doubt ask the OP if I know how to tune a G35...

... lol.

Last edited by seymore4; 06-21-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:27 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by seymore4
I stand behind my statements. 2 links from 2 tunes done 3 years ago means nothing to me. According to that one review there was an absolute maximum gain of what, 10 whp and 14 TQ, but at different RPMS? all that in a Motordyne sponsored forum shootout?

Until you've installed the various parts yourself and tuned it yourself on the same car on a local dyno you really don't know WTF you're talking about. Copy and pasting links is easy. You can interpret dyno results to mean just about anything. Same as statistics in the news. If you're in doubt ask the OP if I know how to tune a G35...

... lol.
Ok dude, your obviously god of knowing everything so I won't bother Oh by the way, this is a public FORUM, I'm providing dyno evidence for the OP's question, showing him what members with setups very similar to him have seen (minus the part that they are all part of a conspiracy in your eyes ). If you don't want to interact with anyone else I suggest you just pm the OP directly next time. OP asked for ways to gain 10-20hp, ART pipes and a retune can very likely get him that shown by these 350z owners that were in very similar situations as him, so sorry im not sorry for helping answer his question

Old 06-21-2013, 01:56 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Xet
dude, your obviously god of knowing everything
True that

/thread you're not going to gain 10-20whp just from going from HFC to ART pipes.

Old 06-21-2013, 01:59 AM
Xet
Originally Posted by seymore4
True that

/thread you're not going to gain 10-20whp just from going from HFC to ART pipes.
Regardless of the validity of this statement, I don't think it matters since it is doubtful the OP will really be finally done and happy with a mere extra 10-20whp. It really seems like he is need of a FI build or a different car/bike.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:05 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Xet
Regardless of the validity of this statement, I don't think it matters since it is doubtful the OP will really be finally done and happy with a mere extra 10-20whp. It really seems like he is need of a FI build or a different car/bike.
I would be inclined to agree with you

Old 06-22-2013, 07:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I should have known this was coming. I think we can all agree, the variables are extremely difficult to measure so nothings definitive. Threads are all about sharing personal insights, personal experiences and the op should act on the view that they feel they can relate to the most. How about my next thread will be called when a good thread goes bad. Lol

Old 06-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Xet
There was nothing wrong with this thread, seymore and I hold different opinions and we voiced them and accepted each other felt differently. We also agreed that you have the mod bug.

I would recommend really thinking what your goals are and how important they are too you. If you want to proceed with the g35 platform I suggest starting to look into an FI build so that you don't keep blowing away so much money on small changes that won't get you that much power. ART pipes are ~$600, even if that gave you 10hp~ish, I personally would rather put that $600 towards and FI build since that 10whp isn't really that big of a difference from what you currently have. Or else do what many of our member do: decide to just be happy with the g35 - albeit as a slower platform or buy a bike or new car that is more responsive to mods&faster.

Old 06-23-2013, 04:21 PM
XET you have a point. Understanding going FI is not in the future. I have to appreciate the g and after taking a drive this morning I realized how off the hook it is. Where else do you find sports car lines, performance, luxurious interior, back seats with an upsacle brand? When you think of it what are the alternative platforms that offer the same appeal?

Old 06-23-2013, 05:36 PM
Xet
Originally Posted by carl576
XET you have a point. Understanding going FI is not in the future. I have to appreciate the g and after taking a drive this morning I realized how off the hook it is. Where else do you find sports car lines, performance, luxurious interior, back seats with an upsacle brand? When you think of it what are the alternative platforms that offer the same appeal?
Precisely, we have amazing cars, but unless you're willing to put the huge amounts of money and effort into it like some members, such as seymore, you end up just having to accept it as the awesome piece of innovation and beauty that it is.

You could try to switch to something like a 335i, m3, is-f, gtr, like a fair amount of people do, but price wise they aren't even comparable to our cars. I personally almost made the switch to a 335i, but decided I like the car I have and was fine with it not being as fast or as great of handling car as some of the other options out there.

Best of luck to you in whichever route you decide fits you best

Old 06-25-2013, 08:30 PM
Thanks folks.. I may lightly focus on the asthetics for a while.