G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help.!!. about trading my M3 in for built G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 04:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help.!!. about trading my M3 in for built G35

Hey every one. I am new to this forum and new to the car G35. I am currently a BMW E46 owner. I came across a guy who wants to trade his G35 for my M3. By the way my M3 is vary clean... His G35 is extremely built I will have his specs on the bottom. His car is callable of reaching 700 Hp. Please let me know if its a good Idea to make the trade. Thanks.
SPECS
Fresh Rebuild I Maxed out the Fuel Injectors at 550RWHP 545TQ To the wheels. Motor is Built for 1000HP I maxed out the fuel injectors to add more power All you need is I.D 1000CC Injectors and a Re tune On E85 And you have a Healthy 700Hp Car. But The car is very Quick as it sits. Beats Stock GTR. You have a Mini GTR in a G35 Body. All the work was done at P&L Motor sports in Franklin Park IL Tuned By JR Tuned the best in the USA. Car is Only running 15PSI Car used to be Daily Driven in Summer Stored in winter. Car has no Rust Very clean looks and drives brand new. INTERIOR- 8" Alpine Type R Subwoofers Qty 6 - Alpine Hi output speakers 2 Din dash kit Hi Quality wire kit w/ Professional Installation Pioneer DVD 2Din Radio Kenwood 1000W Amp All Steering wheel modules hooked up and work 3M Window Tints Limo in R 20% in F White LED INT Lights AutoMeter Gauge Piller
EXT- Kumara Z Poly Front Bumper Brembo Brakes With Hawks HPS Carbon Pads Spyder Projector LED Lights Rota G FORCE Black Widow Staggered wheels - 9.5 + 10.5 Bridgestone Potenzas RE760 F- 265/35/18 R- 295/35/18 Custom Grill Clear Side LEDs & Markers Tinted Tail lights Reverse Cut Out with 50WHITE LED Reverse Light
MOTOR- Walbro 255 Fuel Pump SuperTech 1mm Oversized Valves SuperTech Duel Valve Springs 70 @ 36mm SuperTech Retainer Deatschwerks 600cc Injectors Competition Clutch Stage 3 - Steelback Brass Upgraded Oil Pump Gates Racing Water Pump All timing chains and timing Guides Replaced Cometic Metal Head Gasket's Wiseco Forged Pistons 96.5 Bored 81 Compression Eagle Forged Connecting Rods ARP Head Studs ARP Main Studs ACL Main Bearings ACL Rod Bearings ACT Thrust Washers Mishimoto Racing Thermostat Light Weight Billet Racing Pulley with Gates Belts Full Engine Gasket Kit NGK Spark Plugs Z1 Motorsports Solid Billet Motor Mounts Kinetix Velocity Manifold Tial Sport Q BOV Turbo Logic Boost Controller Turbo SS Vibrent Muffler Full Stainless Steel From Turbo Back Custom Exhaust UPREV Full Tuning SoftWear W/ Cable & HighFlow MAF Sensor. ProGram 5 Tunes with just a switch DIE Fire Sleeve all in Motor DIE Exhaust Wrap all on Piping Moshimoto Radiator Hoses Custom Piping Precision Turbo 6266 Custom Billet Wheel 87Trim AEM Billet Oil Pan Spacer Transmission ReFresh Motor Runs AMS OIL Only - Full RedLine in all Gears Motor Fully Machined Along with Heads Ported Full Rotating Assembly Balanced HKS- 282 Cams Cobra Head Custom Turbo Intake Full Custom Single Turbo Kit
Suspension- Moog Lower Control Arms Moog Outer Tie-Rod Digital 4 Wheel Aliment Stillen Rear ADJ Camber Arms White Line Bushings Hotchkis Sport Springs Billstline Struts Mishimoto Oil Catch Can. EXC I'm sure there is more just can't think off the top my head I have every recite to show what is in the car, along with a few Dyno graph. Car has brand new tires all around along with new Hawk racing brakes.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:09 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
pics?

Old 08-27-2013, 06:20 AM
Originally Posted by DieuNay
pics?
Of what.?. And idk how to put pics up..

Old 08-27-2013, 08:37 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
In situations like this with any car, i always ask the question "why is the other guy looking to get rid of the car?" Are you taking someone's headache away? or have they lost interest in driving a modified car and want something more streetable.

It's an impressive parts list for sure. How well do you know the car? Do you know who put it together? Do they have a reputation for quality work? etc etc.

I've seen many guys pick up heavily modified cars and later find out they picked up someone's headache. However if you trust the reputation of the shop and the quality of their work, then go forward

The following users liked this post:
ItsA..Gthing (08-27-2013)
Old 08-27-2013, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
In situations like this with any car, i always ask the question "why is the other guy looking to get rid of the car?" Are you taking someone's headache away? or have they lost interest in driving a modified car and want something more streetable.

It's an impressive parts list for sure. How well do you know the car? Do you know who put it together? Do they have a reputation for quality work? etc etc.

I've seen many guys pick up heavily modified cars and later find out they picked up someone's headache. However if you trust the reputation of the shop and the quality of their work, then go forward
Yes I asked him why.. He said he got in a Motor Cyecle Accdent and Always wanted a M3 he does a good amount of projects on cars.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:49 AM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
*All the work was done at P&L Motor sports in Franklin Park IL Tuned By JR Tuned the best in the USA.

^^^Are you local to any of these places? What I would do is call/ visit them and find out the history..... sounds like a good deal if everything turns up fine.

Gl and keep us posted!

Old 08-27-2013, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by ohfive
*All the work was done at P&L Motor sports in Franklin Park IL Tuned By JR Tuned the best in the USA.

^^^Are you local to any of these places? What I would do is call/ visit them and find out the history..... sounds like a good deal if everything turns up fine.

Gl and keep us posted!
Yea I have there number herd there a good shop. Also have pics of the build.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:54 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
What do you do with your M3 right now? Is it your only car or is it a weekend car? If it's your only, I wouldn't do it. No matter how high quality the work is on the G, something will break at some point. That is a huge list of mods and there will be issues down the line. If you have a backup car, no worries. But the last thing you want is to be stranded or stuck at home because something broke and since it's an aftermarket part, you have to wait a few days to get it.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by jkuo
What do you do with your M3 right now? Is it your only car or is it a weekend car? If it's your only, I wouldn't do it. No matter how high quality the work is on the G, something will break at some point. That is a huge list of mods and there will be issues down the line. If you have a backup car, no worries. But the last thing you want is to be stranded or stuck at home because something broke and since it's an aftermarket part, you have to wait a few days to get it.
I have a few other cars no worried about that. Just don't want any genarick parts on G35. And It should be cheaper then My M3 to maintain.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
1. There is no such thing as being capable of 700 or 1000 hp. If the car dynoed at 550hp, then it is a 550hp car. Until it is dynoed at 1000hp, it is not capable of 1000 hp. Plus you would need quite a bit more than just 1000cc injectors to switch to an E85 tune. There is no way the 255 pump or stock fittings would handle E85 demands, plus would need a new tune.

2. There is no way in hell it is faster than a GTR.

3. It has cheap ebay headlights, cheap replica wheels, cheap suspension parts, and a crap ebay muffler. It makes me question the quality of the rest of the build.

4. JR Tuned is most defiantly not the best VQ tuner. There are only a handful of proven tuners for the VQ and he is not one.

5. Looking into P&L, they specialize in Subarus. The white G35 is the only one they have ever built.

Here are some build photos.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8960214&type=3

Personally, it being their first ever build of a VQ, and the fact they misstated/lied about several aspects of the car. I wouldn't touch it.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 08-27-2013 at 10:32 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by WhosUrBuddiee:
GR6RR (08-27-2013), willis555 (08-28-2013)
Old 08-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
1. There is no such thing as being capable of 700 or 1000 hp. If the car dynoed at 550hp, then it is a 550hp car. Until it is dynoed at 1000hp, it is not capable of 1000 hp. Plus you would need quite a bit more than just 1000cc injectors to switch to an E85 tune. There is no way the 255 pump or stock fittings would handle E85 demands, plus would need a new tune.

2. There is no way in hell it is faster than a GTR.

3. It has cheap ebay headlights and cheap replica wheels, makes me question the quality of the rest of the build.

4. JR Tuned is most defiantly not the best VQ tuner. There are only a handful of proven tuners for the VQ and he is not one.

5. Looking into P&L, they specialize in Subarus. The white G35 is the only one they have ever built.

Here are some build photos.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8960214&type=3

Personally, it being their first ever build of a VQ, and the fact they misstated/lied about several aspects of the car. I wouldn't touch it.
So what are you saying... You didn't answer my question.. Cool you know a lot about G35 I don't dont have to be a dick about it... Just answer the question.. This is why I don't like forums... People like you...

Old 08-27-2013, 10:33 AM
And if you say I shouldn't touch it.?. Is my M3 worth more.?. Or G35 not worth a lot. Sellin my M3 for $19,000.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by Donibmwm3
So what are you saying... You didn't answer my question.. Cool you know a lot about G35 I don't dont have to be a dick about it... Just answer the question.. This is why I don't like forums... People like you...
What do you think I am being a dick about? All points I said are valid and I answered your question. You gave no information on year, mileage, or price so it wouldnt be possible to provide you with a real answer.

But alot of corners were cut on the build with very cheap parts that are inferior quality to OEM. The shop has no expericene with the VQ platform and I automatically distrust anyone claiming to be the best on their very first build. Also they lied about all the performance claims. Real builders like GTM let their work speak for itself. Also there is no information on who did their machine work on the block and heads.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 08-27-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:15 AM
The engine build is similar to a GTM stage 0 but will head work. GTM is probably the most reputable builders for the VQ and they claim their longblock is only rated for 600hp, not 1000hp like seller is saying.

I think it is an 04. A decent condition 04 G35 will run in the 10-12k range.
The build is probably in the 8k range with head work.
The turbo kit is probably in the 4k range.
Nothing else on the car is really worth much. I would put the value of the car as it sits in the 15-16k range.

Here is a similar car but with a much better build that sold for 19k
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-car...win-turbo.html

But like I said before. I personally would touch this car since the builder has no history with VQ builds, claiming false performance claims, and corners were cut in other areas. Too much of a risk with low quality build and unknown builder/tuners.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 08-27-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:24 AM
Received 218 Likes on 187 Posts
O.P I would steer clear of this..When people start raising the Hp of cars,**** will break..You never know if the car has been ragged out,beat up on etc..If you want a clean g356mt,then sell your car and buy one..G35's are more affordable now then ever..This way you can dictate what gets done to it and do it right..My 2 cents...........P.S Whos your Buddie can come across harsh sometimes,but means well. I would rather someone build a car that has done it time and time again with the same car..Someone who specializes in a particular brand car.. He has a point..Good Luck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help.!!. about trading my M3 in for built G35