G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

06 g35 coupe airbag will not stop blinking (will stay for most a day after reset)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 11:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 g35 coupe airbag will not stop blinking (will stay for most a day after reset)

Hey
I have a 06 G35 coupe, the airbag light suddenly started blinking after I cleaned the back area of my car (vacuum below the seats etc)
I did the reset with the key switch (turning off the car three times etc) the light goes off but 5 minutes after driving it comes back on. I lightly checked all the connections below the seats, they all feel securely connected. I put the airbags in diagnostic mode, the light stays off for 2-3 seconds and stays on for 3-4 seconds and then keeps on repeating. I am officially stumped and have no idea how to fix this.
On a side note, I did get an oil change done a day before I cleaned the back of the car.
Any suggestions or help from u guys would be much appreciated!
Thanks

Old 10-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
The red airbag light on the left side of the cluster? Mine has been on for awhile too...

Old 10-25-2013, 11:56 PM
Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts
How you had the recall completed? There was an airbag harness recall for 06-07 G35 coupes. Not saying this is the cause.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:30 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I had this same problems for months but as an electrician I figured I'd try to fix it myself. Just because the connection looks good doesn't mean there is a good connection. I undid the recall that was done on my connector before I owned the car. Which was unwrapping all the electrical tape and taking off the tie wrap that was holding the connector together tightly. I bought some dielectric grease and put it on the insides of the connectors then open and closed the connectors 3 or 4 times. I let the connector hang loose so when I moved my seat the wires weren't being pulled on. This took me about 10 minutes and the light has been off for 6 months now. My problem was on the driver side connector but it could also be under your passenger seat. Hope that helps.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by nohope55
I had this same problems for months but as an electrician I figured I'd try to fix it myself. Just because the connection looks good doesn't mean there is a good connection. I undid the recall that was done on my connector before I owned the car. Which was unwrapping all the electrical tape and taking off the tie wrap that was holding the connector together tightly. I bought some dielectric grease and put it on the insides of the connectors then open and closed the connectors 3 or 4 times. I let the connector hang loose so when I moved my seat the wires weren't being pulled on. This took me about 10 minutes and the light has been off for 6 months now. My problem was on the driver side connector but it could also be under your passenger seat. Hope that helps.
Did the samething. Stayed off now for 1 year.
Undo the TSB they did.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:25 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Airbag connectors / Word to the wise

Hi guys....I have worked in the airbag industry for almost 20 years. IF you had the recall work done it should have fixed the light problem. As I understand the recall issue it was a connector problem with a high resistance value.

The airbag sensor electronics does constant diagnostic to ensure that the airbag is still connected and the igniter is live. However it does not take very much current to fire the airbag, so the current that is in the test circuit is VERY small. So most of the connectors and terminals are gold plated and crimps are soldered......but as with all car companies sometimes there is a problem and any higher than acceptable resistance reading and the light comes on.

When you are doing DO IT YOURSELF stuff DO NOT USE any ohm meter equip to probe the lines as that current could fire your bag.....and if you or anyone else are in the vicinity you can get hurt badly.....at a minimum you will need to change you pants. Its always best to let trained techs handle this stuff. If you cant resist, remember that the stuff that powers airbags is basically rocket propellant and the thing inflates in 30 ms.......SO BE CAREFUL

Old 11-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
I have a removable steering wheel so my airbag light stays on. NFG tho.