G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

How long should i expect before a loaner is avail ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long should i expect before a loaner is avail ?

Hi guys,

My first service with local infiniti dealer and i'd like to get the oil out ASAP.

first things first... they told me i'd have to wait a week for an oil change. Im like WTF. asked for confirm they had nothing sooner... she responded tomorrow anytime before 3pm.

2nd their avail time and my schedule dont match. so I asked for a loaner. She commented that she didnt know if i could get a loaner for an oil change. Sigh i was under the impression the 40k i spent included a loaner "when avail". next up she said she would get me a loaner and if it wasnt avail the service mgr would call back.... so he did and stated the first avail would be monday or tuesday of next week.

so my question is... how long have you waited for a loaner ?
how long would you feel is resonable wait ?

thanks

ppp

Old 02-07-2005, 11:27 AM
My dealer does give loaners for oil changes. They know I have to work and I drop the car off in the morning - pick up a loaner and stop by on my way home and pickup my car.

I usually do this 2 weeks in advance because the loaners are very popular to get. That seems about right. Just plan things in advance and they SHOULD give you a loaner even for an oil change.

Old 02-07-2005, 11:27 AM
IMO they shouldve given you a loaner as SOON as you determined your schedules didn't match up. Just a basic concept of customer service... 1 week for an oil change is excessive; you must have a busy dealership.

Old 02-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Our "loaner cars" are usually booked-up 1 1/2 - 2 weeks from today.
If you only need your oil & filter changed, most dealers will do it for you the same day you call IF you are willing to wait for it.

A word of advise though is to CALL BEFORE you drive to the dealer rather than to just show up and expect a "waiter" oil & filter change service without any "warning"...

Old 02-08-2005, 07:50 PM
If its scheduled maitenance i can understand the up to two week wait time and thats resonable. however I would expect the dealership to supply a rental same day if something major went on the car brakes,engine,drivetrain,etc.

And yes i agree for oil changes and minor items it should be requested in advance, in my case I thought there was sufficent time to perform the change with both schedules. I was mistaken, lesson learned!

however funny thing is they screwed up my oil change or least the paperwork. so i returned tonight and was not exactly in the best of spirits, they immediately supplied a rental and will resolve the issue tomorrow.as documented in this post...

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/43723-g35-ship-5-30-help-quick-please.html

thanks for the insight guys.

he who doesnt learn from history is doomed to repeat it. guess i should stay away from the wedding chapel and dont call at the last minute for an oil change ! one thing though they didnt offer on the phone and did supply was a shuttle service to/from. I dont care about a rental just need transportation. would have been nice if they mentioned it

take care

ppp

Old 02-09-2005, 05:20 PM
We don't do loaners for LOFs at all...I mean, could you imagine all the loaners I'd need to have?

Of course, you can just drive up and we get the oil and filter changed, wash and vac in about 40 minutes....

Old 02-09-2005, 07:45 PM
change your own oil. takes 30 min tops. no loaner needed.

problem solved.

Trending Topics

Old 02-09-2005, 10:03 PM
the dealership I go to usually recommends you ask 1 to 2 weeks ahead if you need a loaner otherwise they cannot guarantee it. I guess it depends how busy your dealership is.

04.5 Black on Black G35 Coupe AT