G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Where are you getting the battery cover for the other side?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 08:12 PM
Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Eddie23
I got mine from Nissan Performance Parts but that damn thing won't fit. And it looks like it needs a lot of modyfying before it does . Anybody did it with theirs and would help me with some hints?
I bought my cover from Performance as well. The cover is unmodified, unlike the Grubbs cover and performance does not include all the necessary mounting hardware. I am sure I can figure out the mods necessary and fabricate the mounting, it's just dissappointing to receive an incomplete kit without instructions. I tried emailing performance a couple of times, but to no avail. Next time, Grubbs it is.

Old 03-31-2005, 01:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talked to my friend Jason from Perf nissan, his account wasnt working so i posted for him:

I have recieved a couple of emails from people about the cover not fitting and helped them get it to fit. If you are having a problem please email parts@perfnissan.com and we will help you. Some of them have gotten shipped with the wrong size clips. Please do not hesitate to email ME at parts@perfnissan.com and I will take care of this for you. Thank you. Jason PS: My account here is no longer active?

Old 03-31-2005, 09:24 AM
I thought we were beyond this hack/fix by now. I assumed that the early versions were all problematic. For the life of me, I thought there was a retailer who was selling the battery covers that required no modification.

Old 03-31-2005, 01:01 PM
This is were I bought mine. Don't buy it. It brings enough snaps but there is nowhere to put the snaps on the side closest to the throttle body. Total fuking jigga rig for $60 buck IMO.

Originally Posted by Gman2004
I bought mine on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Description

You are bidding on a BRAND NEW set of JDM battery cover (brake fluid cover)

This cover is a solution for the gapping hole over the brake fluid. This is one thing Infiniti skipped out on that we have come up with a solution for!

This cover requires no cutting or drilling as we have taken care of that for you to make this a pure bolt in kit.

Kit will fit BOTH the G35 Sedan as well as the G35 Coupe

Note:Cover does say Battery Cover as this is a JDM part.

FREE SHIPPING & HANDLING!!!!!!

Old 03-31-2005, 01:03 PM
How do you mount the snaps closest to the throttle body? I just have air there and nowhere to snap them into. Where do you get the mounting bracket?

Originally Posted by lowrider
I got mine from Grubbs also. Slight modifications for a great improvement in looks under the hood.

Lou

Old 03-31-2005, 03:05 PM
Any of you guys with the cover from Performance Nissan (mynismo.com) care to share what the mods are? I've got mine sitting behind me... ...just waiting for the G. It'd be nice to have the answers here for future searches.

Old 03-31-2005, 05:19 PM
Bruce Gee
Just got one from Grubbs, are we surpose to drill holes and stuff?

Old 03-31-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Gman2004
This is were I bought mine. Don't buy it. It brings enough snaps but there is nowhere to put the snaps on the side closest to the throttle body. Total fuking jigga rig for $60 buck IMO.
Just an FYI - All the battery covers are the same! One company, I believe Performance Nissan but not certain was selling ones they modified. The person you bought yours from on EBAY used a modified one that fit great as a template to also sell no modification necassary covers. They are identical and that is where I got mine from and fits AWESOME! Yes, I think only one clip holds it "in place" but what I did was remove the rubber gaskets surrounding it, put the cover in, and replaced the gasket to cover the lip on the battery cover as well! Takes a little bit of work and it is much easier in warmer weather, but it fits great. If you look at the one that came with the car, the lip on the batter cover simply rests against the weather stripping and not under it. Just my .02!

Old 03-31-2005, 09:44 PM
That's what I did, but for $70 bucks I don't want a jigga rig. I am OCC and knowing that the two holes by the throttle body are open just bothers me. I would pay $100 for this mod if it came with brackets to properly mount. I just feel I was ripped off, especially since there are no instructions. At least give me some instructions on how to modify it to make it work with out rigging it.

Originally Posted by Diesel1
Just an FYI - All the battery covers are the same! One company, I believe Performance Nissan but not certain was selling ones they modified. The person you bought yours from on EBAY used a modified one that fit great as a template to also sell no modification necassary covers. They are identical and that is where I got mine from and fits AWESOME! Yes, I think only one clip holds it "in place" but what I did was remove the rubber gaskets surrounding it, put the cover in, and replaced the gasket to cover the lip on the battery cover as well! Takes a little bit of work and it is much easier in warmer weather, but it fits great. If you look at the one that came with the car, the lip on the batter cover simply rests against the weather stripping and not under it. Just my .02!

Old 04-01-2005, 10:29 AM
It should have come with the clips to fill those holes. If not, contact the seller and he should be able to send you some. As I said they are all the same no matter where you get them from. Yours should be cut to fit already and the clips are purely cosmetic. I know for mine the clips were backordered and I got those seperately. Keep in mind it is not a structural piece. I have had mine on for months with no issues. I think I have pics in my gallery if you wanna take a look to see how I installed it.

Old 04-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by jdj27x
Talked to my friend Jason from Perf nissan, his account wasnt working so i posted for him:

I have recieved a couple of emails from people about the cover not fitting and helped them get it to fit. If you are having a problem please email parts@perfnissan.com and we will help you. Some of them have gotten shipped with the wrong size clips. Please do not hesitate to email ME at parts@perfnissan.com and I will take care of this for you. Thank you. Jason PS: My account here is no longer active?
I have sent some emails to Performance, but did not receive a reply. I modified my cover and mounted it and it looks great. I am missing some hardware that performance should have included so I don't have all the mounting points used. Maybe I will try another email and see if I can get the parts that should have been included.

Old 04-04-2005, 07:19 PM
Florida G35 Club
Another email sent, awaiting reply and remedy.

Old 04-06-2005, 05:23 AM
I just drilled a hole in the plastic piece above the thottle body and put a snap thought it. Works like a charm.

Old 04-06-2005, 08:07 AM
StrictlyZ (kyle, the owner of this website) was selling these modified, direct fit. He had it trimmed, and there were a couple fasteners glued(?) in place, that were cosmetic only with no stems under them. I got mine from him and love it! Unfortunately, Kyle is no longer doing parts sales.

Most other kits you get will require modification (trimming and drilling), as they are parts ordered directly from Japan for the Nissan V35. Make sure to verify that they modded it beforehand. if not, and it is straight from Japan, then it will not fit until altered. Perhaps someone can get GodZilla to offer a limit edition run of his modded covers? Or provide us a DIY for the mods he made to it?

I don't believe the 350z's will fit due to the bulbous lids and the design of the underside of our hoods.

-Ted

Last edited by SoCalTed; 04-06-2005 at 08:10 AM.