G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Valvoline Max Life ATF Aftermath

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valvoline Max Life ATF Aftermath

So after one week of having valvoline max life atf on my tranny i haven't had any problems everything runs good and shifts good. It was like 35 bucks for 5 quarts. Here is what i did

Drained my tranny oil, which had like 5 1/2 quarts. Replaced my tranny filter (which had no signs of small metal chips). Put everything back to how it was, and just added the tranny fluid that it. I dont know any maintenance history to this G (just bought it like a Month ago) 04 g35 114k. I think i saved a couple bucks from buying nissan matic s

Old 04-12-2014, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,026 Likes on 943 Posts
You practically got a quart free. Seeing as you cleaned the filter means you dropped the pan, was it a challenge to get it off and did you have to replace a gasket?

Old 04-12-2014, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
You practically got a quart free. Seeing as you cleaned the filter means you dropped the pan, was it a challenge to get it off and did you have to replace a gasket?
Not really challenging, more like time consuming. The oil pan has like 20 bolts. Then after removing the pan the filter has maybe another 10-15 bolts? The gasket it had still looked pretty good but i just decided to replace it anyway, it was real hard to come off the pan but i managed to scrape it off and clean it real good. To put the other gasket, which was the rubber like gasket i put some gasket “glue" i guess you can call it and their you go no leaks from tranny. And another thing the tranny oil pan bolt (the big one to drain out the fluis) that has a washer, the manual says to replace it after every oil change tranny/engine i didnt i just left it on and added teflon tape on the bolt.

I Replaced:

-engine oil/filter
-tranny fluid/filter
-air filter
-Resurfaced front rotors
-brake pads in rear

Next are spark plugs sometime in the future.

Gotta save money screw the stealership lol

Old 04-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,026 Likes on 943 Posts
Originally Posted by PearlPereZ
Not really challenging, more like time consuming. The oil pan has like 20 bolts. Then after removing the pan the filter has maybe another 10-15 bolts? The gasket it had still looked pretty good but i just decided to replace it anyway, it was real hard to come off the pan but i managed to scrape it off and clean it real good. To put the other gasket, which was the rubber like gasket i put some gasket “glue" i guess you can call it and their you go no leaks from tranny. And another thing the tranny oil pan bolt (the big one to drain out the fluis) that has a washer, the manual says to replace it after every oil change tranny/engine i didnt i just left it on and added teflon tape on the bolt. I Replaced: -engine oil/filter -tranny fluid/filter -air filter -Resurfaced front rotors -brake pads in rear Next are spark plugs sometime in the future. Gotta save money screw the stealership lol
More or less good to know you fixed it or caused the area.