G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

just got off the phone with infiniti financial service about early lease termination

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 01:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just got off the phone with infiniti financial service about early lease termination

the customer service lady told me in wisconsin and california there is no early termination penalty, you don't have to pay 12 concecutive payment in order to qualify for early termination. did anyone else hear about this?

Old 02-20-2005, 02:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Back like 7 years ago, I leased a 98 Prelude and decided a couple months later
that I wanted to buy it (cause i decided to heavily mod it) and there was no
penalty. It was real easy to terminate the lease in CA. I use to live in LA.

Old 02-20-2005, 03:32 AM
if you terminate a lease early without a penalty what do end up having to pay? It seems to good to be true that you can just give the car back to IFS without losing money. I've always been confused about this topic and was considering transfering my lease, but if there are other options to avoid this hassle or losing a significant amount of money please let me know.

Old 02-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Bababooey
if you terminate a lease early without a penalty what do end up having to pay? It seems to good to be true that you can just give the car back to IFS without losing money. I've always been confused about this topic and was considering transfering my lease, but if there are other options to avoid this hassle or losing a significant amount of money please let me know.
if i turn my car in today i will be only losing the money i put down for the car.

Old 02-20-2005, 11:11 AM
G SQUAD
How is that possible??? Does that work for everyone, whereby you can just return the car and not be penalized??? If so I'd go neg. a deal on a 05 and turn mine in.

-Vin

Old 02-20-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by VinNYCG
How is that possible??? Does that work for everyone, whereby you can just return the car and not be penalized??? If so I'd go neg. a deal on a 05 and turn mine in.

-Vin
it sounded too good to be true isn't it? but i asked the customer service lady twice are you sure about this, she said yes possitive. i can see myself in a new m45 pretty soon. lol

Old 02-20-2005, 11:20 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 88stlgrym3
the customer service lady told me in wisconsin and california there is no early termination penalty, you don't have to pay 12 concecutive payment in order to qualify for early termination. did anyone else hear about this?
This is false info buddy no finance company will just let you end or terminate your lease early without penalty. Depending on how long you have left on your lease it would be minimum 4-5K easy out of your pocket to end the lease.

Old 02-20-2005, 11:22 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kenchan
Back like 7 years ago, I leased a 98 Prelude and decided a couple months later
that I wanted to buy it (cause i decided to heavily mod it) and there was no
penalty. It was real easy to terminate the lease in CA. I use to live in LA.
The reason you didn't pay any penalty is because you purchase the car right out. If you just decided to end the lease w/o purchasing believe me you will be paying a penalty.

Old 02-20-2005, 01:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by glennp_1999
The reason you didn't pay any penalty is because you purchase the car right out. If you just decided to end the lease w/o purchasing believe me you will be paying a penalty.
But I didn't finance it with Honda Auto Finance... if I was using the same
bank as the leasor I would understand they waiving the lease if there was
a penalty, but I didn't use them and I didn't get charged.

Am I missing something?

Old 03-07-2005, 11:29 AM
has anyone in NY ended their lease on their g35 and not worked it into another new car. i got my car in october and love it but i want to get rid of it and move into an apt in the city and obviously cant afford both.

what kind of fees did you pay
how much did it cost out of pocket to terminate the lease

pm me if youd rather not post

Old 03-07-2005, 01:11 PM
anyone please

Old 03-07-2005, 01:42 PM
Modded Member
When you purchase/lease a car (in California at least), there is a sign in every salespersons' office in a dealership which stipulates that "there is no cooling-off period" whereby you can't give the car back to a dealership.

My Maxima is leased via Nissan Financial (same as Infiniti), and to get out of my lease I have to pay for all of the remaining payments...

Old 03-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should be able to buy out your lease at anytime. If you were to total the car in an accident, or trade it in, there is a buy out amount that is quoted to insurance companies and dealers. I'm not sure how the calculation works but this is not uncommon. There's no reason a customer can't do the same.

Old 03-07-2005, 04:07 PM
I think the important difference is buying out the lease. The leasing company doesn't care if they get all there money today or 36 months from now. Turning it in early and walking away from, I find hard to believe. I am sure if I call IFS and told them I wanted a buy out on the lease, they would quote the me the balance of the lease, but then I still don't own the car....I would also have to pay the balloon payment to own it.

Old 03-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Modded Member
If you are talking about buying-out a lease, than it is your residual plus the sum of the remaining payments.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: just got off the phone with infiniti financial service about early lease termination